Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
the new celica Sat, 10 July 2004 23:22 Go to next message
http://www2.autospies.com/images/uploads/medium/2005Toyotacelica.jpg

looks pretty ordinary to me, but i guess there's potential there for a decent supra.

those headlights are fucking terrible though.

edit++ sorry if this has been posted before, i couldn't be facked searching.

[Updated on: Sat, 10 July 2004 23:23]

Send a private message to this user    
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: the new celica Sat, 10 July 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agreed on the headlights its like a farkin plague.

One designer made it, dont ask me who and then every single upcoming car has decided to copy that style.

It's just like the Triangular rearend Lancer lights.. they spread like a plague across manufacturers...

The actual car itself is pretty sweet I think, what lets it down is the soft looking front end. The rest looks good.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: the new celica Sat, 10 July 2004 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
350Z Rolling Eyes
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks alot like 350z
but i tihnk its hot
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it looks like a 350z and dumb I reckon

no origionality and no respect for previous designs I don 't think

needs to be lower.. and pointier

my .02 anyway
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you saw that car on a side angle and ignoring the headlights it could almost be mistaken for a ferrari maranello, in my opinion. but also looks like a 350z from that angle
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i got sick of staring at it, so i spent a couple minutes in photoshop.

http://viathewire.net/rdm/celica.jpg

nothing special. put the old school flip-up headlights back on it, added a vent, new air dam with fog/park lights, and enlarged the wheels.

it's not great, but fuck me if it's not better.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 July 2004 01:56]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it real?
or is it just another thing like the 'mkV supra' that's been going around for yonks...

either way, a bit more pointy and less 350z woulda been cool... but i still don't mind it. hopefully its RWD
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the celica will remain FWD

i must say that the 2nd one does look much better.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the rear end cues to ra28 - the small flutes on the c pillar hint to that ..

hate the front - i dont think popup headlights will make a comeback though - see any modern car these days with them on ?

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 11 July 2004 12:21

the rear end cues to ra28 - the small flutes on the c pillar hint to that ..

hate the front - i dont think popup headlights will make a comeback though - see any modern car these days with them on ?

no
and the reason why is because they outlawed them because they are a pedestrian hazard in front on collisons with people.

Sad
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can see the logic behind that. Not bad, but looks too much like 350z, also bring back RWD, or at least a GT4 version.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its looks alright, have to agree with Camry_omega on the GT4 version
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HERE COMES THE ABUSE MY WAY.............

i like it, i recon it has good potential to cust a rectangle in the fron and put an awsome FMIC. also the stock bar has potential to have park/fogs put in (prob be an option too)

BUT is that a single wiper blade, cant really tell but looks like it.

DEFINATELY bring back the RWD...

with that in mind i was day dreaming the other day and came up with an idea of possibly getting a petition going to send to toyota to get the celica RWD again AND get them to invest in power for the car again? any ideas? im not saying we will make too much of a difference but with the number of people around the world that come to this site i recon we could make some impression.......

i recon they are letting the car down with this crappy power it comes with these days... SCREW the supra and start back on the celica i say...
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e wrote on Sun, 11 July 2004 16:06

HERE COMES THE ABUSE MY WAY.............

i like it, i recon it has good potential to cust a rectangle in the fron and put an awsome FMIC. also the stock bar has potential to have park/fogs put in (prob be an option too)

BUT is that a single wiper blade, cant really tell but looks like it.

DEFINATELY bring back the RWD...

with that in mind i was day dreaming the other day and came up with an idea of possibly getting a petition going to send to toyota to get the celica RWD again AND get them to invest in power for the car again? any ideas? im not saying we will make too much of a difference but with the number of people around the world that come to this site i recon we could make some impression.......

i recon they are letting the car down with this crappy power it comes with these days... SCREW the supra and start back on the celica i say...

the front wheel drive celicas go alright for what they are. fuck rear wheel drive, jump the gun and go all wheel drive! Evil or Very Mad
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not an AWD person, too much traction and control... I LOVE THE LOOSNESS OF RWD
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm more of an I like grip person meself they all have there advantages and disadvantages,I'M NOT GOING INTO THE DRIVE ARGUEMENT AGAIN!!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e wrote on Sun, 11 July 2004 16:06

i was day dreaming the other day and came up with an idea of possibly getting a petition going to send to toyota to get the celica RWD again AND get them to invest in power for the car again? any ideas? im not saying we will make too much of a difference but with the number of people around the world that come to this site i recon we could make some impression.......

Someone needs a reality check. Laughing
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont laugh at me Crying or Very Sad

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!!!!! Very Happy
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e wrote on Sun, 11 July 2004 17:07

dont laugh at me Crying or Very Sad

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!!!!! Very Happy

Laughing Laughing
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sun, 11 July 2004 09:49

350Z Rolling Eyes

exactly what I was thinking...
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why the flared arches? why the copying the 350z why the omg it doesn't look like a celica? if it comes out it will be the only japan model that I won't care about if it doesn't get imported Smile
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess ill be the only one buying one if it does get imported and i have the kesh........
Fieryisles
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
other thing i would be worried about is that it looks big, and that means heavy. I think the 350z is just under 1500 kg. Thats too heavy for my liking. If its going to be 2 wheel drive, i would be happier for it to be about 1200kg :)
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didn't the old "new Sprinter" picture look verry similar to this??? Go with AWD. After driving a GTi-R the other day i'd kill for a similiar sorta toyota version.

Yes......... i've been drinking!
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: the new celica Sun, 11 July 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is an extremely cynical attempt by Toyota - an all too obvious homage to the 350Z, itself a cynical caricature of the old 240Z.

I have even less respect for Toyota's designs now than before. Just about everything they have brought out in the last few years has been styled to cater for the lowest common denominator. Look back to the mid 80's to the early 90's with styling marvels like the ST162 etc,that were for the most part original, and more importantly looked good. Now all they can do is either jelly moulds or razor sharp edges utilising "styling by machete" - the current Celica and Tarago being prime examples.

A company with such vast resources should be able to do better.

How are they gonna channel 240 Hp through the frot wheels anyway?

[Updated on: Sun, 11 July 2004 14:05]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: the new celica Mon, 12 July 2004 00:38 Go to previous message
Guarantee it wasn't even Toyota who released that and someone is just speculating, Toyota didn't get to be the most successful large scale car maker in the world by releasing concept drawings prior to a model!

As for the whole RWD/FWD thing, they debated on whether or not they were going to make the current Celica RWD again, but decided they just wanted to make it handle more like the first FWD Celica (ST162). I can't see them going back.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Got a bodykit, who's a good person to fit it?
Next Topic:Translation Chinese -> english
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:41:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053160190582275 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.