Classifieds » Miscellaneous » 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW]

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ToranaJudd
Occasional Poster

June 2004

icon14.gif  6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Mon, 12 July 2004 05:58 Go to next message
6 Speed Gearbox from IS200 also used on 200sx S15

Box has shifter, bellhousing and clutch. On Toyota's shelf for $7000

Selling for $3000 neg.

All offers considered.

WILL PREFER TO SWAP FOR A R154 GEARBOX
Thanks,
ToranaJudd
  Send a private message to this user    
ToranaJudd
Occasional Poster

June 2004

Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Tue, 13 July 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Down to $2000

Must go!!
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Tue, 13 July 2004 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at the level of discounting maybe i'll wait 2 days.....

Smile

T
Tris
Regular

September 2002
Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Tue, 13 July 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If its the same as a s15 box you can pick them up for around $1000, whats the diference does it have a different bell housing etc??
rb20det
Regular

July 2004
Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Wed, 14 July 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ive seen them for 800 second hand,they are a very weak box 200kwfw max
CEL_3SGTE
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Wed, 14 July 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although not being as strong as the S14 box, the S15 will still hold a fair bit more than 200rwkw.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Wed, 14 July 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rb20det what the hell?? FWKW???

the gear box is a RWD box, IS200's are RWD, 200SX/Silva's are RWD. also note that the gearbox comes with clutch + bellhousing. if u have seen it for 800 then good go buy it stop bashing down this guys sale.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Wed, 14 July 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chepest I seen them go for is like $1500

I have one for grabs too heheh..
Assailant
Regular

"Cørønå ƒreåk"

May 2002

Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Wed, 14 July 2004 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToranaJudd/Koffee Black - Do you have the original bellhousing for the 1GFE? Do you know if it will bolt straight up to a 1GGTE?

koffee black - how much did you want for your box?
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Wed, 14 July 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gidday all

This gearbox has an integral bell housing so if you want it to fit anything but a 1gfe, 1ggteu, 1ggzeu or 2t/3t you are going to have to modify the 'bell housing', cut and weld etc.

I am in the process of fitting one into my 23 behind a 1ggteu. Overall the setup is the same length as a w58 so there is no need to change the tailshaft. The gear lever does come out a lot further back - the hole needs to be adjacent to the box section in front of the seats. The top of the shifter assembly intrudes further into the cabin so the hole is longer - but not a problem. The 'bell housing' extends a bit further back behind the starter bulge so it runs a bit close to the tunnel - only 5mm or so clearance - so there is a need to massage that a little. Everything else seems to be ok.

As to being the same as the box in a s15 200sx, my intelligence is that this is the case, just different ratios. I also understand that they are not as strong as the s14 5 speed box, but have heard of them in large hp s15s. S'pose if you want to drag race and/or flat change you should be looking for another g'box - although really that type of behaviour will break anything eventually. I am building this all with the expectation that the box will be handling 220rwKW

Craig

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Thu, 15 July 2004 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Assailant wrote on Thu, 15 July 2004 00:19

ToranaJudd/Koffee Black - Do you have the original bellhousing for the 1GFE? Do you know if it will bolt straight up to a 1GGTE?

koffee black - how much did you want for your box?

Hey, I dont wanna hijack Torana's post, maybe I should let him sell befor e I put pricing. I will tel you though, that i have put up a post a while ago, and it does have the bellhousing. Not sure if it will fit tho.
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Thu, 15 July 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
assailant you should make an offer for toranajudd's box first

and as far as iu know it should bolt on
Assailant
Regular

"Cørønå ƒreåk"

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Thu, 15 July 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting input... So the W58 bellhousing wont bolt up to the 6 speed? Anyone heard of putting in TRD ratios into a w58 gearbox?
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Fri, 16 July 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 6 speed has no bellhousing. it's all one piece.
ToranaJudd
Occasional Poster

June 2004

Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Fri, 16 July 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry havent looked back on here for a while. Been bust at work + Sleep.

The gearbox is still available and sitting in a Toyota box in my garage. the front part of the box bellhosing has toyota stamped on it. telling me is probably 1g-ge/1g-gte.

i will come down to $1500 but no lower as for :
1. dont want to be humiliated as this box has extremly low km's and probably worth more.
2. need funds to buy a an R154. Cheers Guys..
Judd....
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Fri, 16 July 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you get this one off jaze?
ToranaJudd
Occasional Poster

June 2004

Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Fri, 16 July 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope.

Came from Toyota. Mate who worked there got it for me at $2000 so i wanted to make that back. But looks like i can't.

Judd
ToranaJudd
Occasional Poster

June 2004

Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Sat, 17 July 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So are there any takers for $1500??

Assailant
Regular

"Cørønå ƒreåk"

May 2002

Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Sat, 17 July 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll have to give us a month or two since I am waiting to buy a turbo kit off SUPRMAN first.... then most likely to grab the gearbox after i get the turbo kit sorted...
ToranaJudd
Occasional Poster

June 2004

Re: 6 Speed Gearbox [SYD/NSW] Sat, 24 July 2004 09:25 Go to previous message
Hey there Assailant,
I am Happy to wait for you to buy it. Ill send you a private message with my details so you can contact me when you are ready.

Cheers Judd.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 Quaife quick steering rack and pinion
Next Topic:TA22
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 15:31:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005640983581543 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.