Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Where to buy/get/make sidemount seat rails for racing seats

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Where to buy/get/make sidemount seat rails for racing seats Thu, 15 July 2004 09:00 Go to next message
just aquired a new toy Evil or Very Mad

needs some rails made up
or to buy

anyone know where to get bride seat rails (FG sidemount type)

and where to get them engineered and how much said engineering would cost for just the 1 seat?
  Send a private message to this user    
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Where to buy/get/make sidemount seat rails for racing seats Thu, 15 July 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The side-mount seats in the rally car use home-made mounts as shown in the picture below: (edit - found a better pic)

http://www.luc1d.net/images/sidemounts.jpg

Obviously being a rally car it doesn't necessarily have to conform to all the ADRs /engineering requirements etc, but having seen a couple of hits the car has taken over the last few years, I don't think you'd be in any danger of them breaking Wink

If you're interesting in having a go yourself the picture might give you a bit of a guide to go off.. Basically the square steel tubing bolts straight down to the original mounting points in the floor, and the seat itself is bolted between the black curved pieces that stick straight upright..

In your case, you'd probably be able to retain the original Sprinter seat runners and work up from those, as that would give you something a lot easier to bolt straight in and out (Geminis have ridiculously simple seat mounts.. Sad )

I'd be interested in finding out the cost involved with getting a single seat engineered as well.. It was one of those things I told myself "I'd get around too" after we put the seat in my car Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 15 July 2004 09:38]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Where to buy/get/make sidemount seat rails for racing seats Thu, 15 July 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah
seeing as mine is kinda brightly coloured, Rolling Eyes i will need engineering asap.

also. ill be wanting to get a set that can be adjusted (ever tried to get out of an ae86 in a squezed parking space?...long doors..gotta push the seat back)

thanks for the piccy. gives me a good idea!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Where to buy/get/make sidemount seat rails for racing seats Thu, 15 July 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.modyourcar.com.au/product_info.php?cPat h=15&products_id=2959

$99 aussie
not bad. not bad.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Where to buy/get/make sidemount seat rails for racing seats Thu, 15 July 2004 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to your local Revolution Racegear, you should be able to pickup a pair for like $50 for steelies, and like $90 for alloys.
I think thats about right on pricing.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Where to buy/get/make sidemount seat rails for racing seats Thu, 15 July 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garth, I can help you out with this if you like. My mate and I made up mounts for my Sparco's and used the original AE86 rails so they can be adjusted. We can prolly just make up a frame using box steel and steel strips and just weld it all together.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Where to buy/get/make sidemount seat rails for racing seats Sun, 18 July 2004 06:54 Go to previous message
can you ask paul if hes got any spare drivers side ae86 brackets/rails? and for how much.

when you wanna do it? this saturday? Very Happy Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Some Weird Toyotas not 56k friendly
Next Topic:whats with all the st162 threads recently?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 13:49:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053410530090332 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.