Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lycander
Newcomer

July 2004
Hello questions, AE93 seca sx 1990 Tue, 13 July 2004 04:06 Go to next message
first off i am wanting to find out if people think it is worth keeping / moding this car if so what do people suggest i start with i have a mate that said i should go if a package for the haddleing from white line when i get home i will try to add it to this tread apart form that what do people suggest i do with it?? i do have info on how to get more power out my moding the engine but does not mean i have a clue where to start n so if any one can help me it would be great

Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Hello questions, AE93 seca sx 1990 Tue, 13 July 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okies... Before I start on the car, I will teach you some punctuation... There are commas, full stops, sentences and correct spelling... These will all help your posts be much more readable...

Now onto the car...

Firstly, is the car in good condition??? Engine in good condition??? If so, yes, the car is good to keep...

What modifications you do is all up to you... Do you want it to look better, go faster or handle better??? The Whiteline suspension kit is awesome... Front and rear swaybars, all new bushes and maybe even get some aftermarket shocks and lowered springs...

To get more power and faster response, try first with exhaust and intake... Extractors, 2" exhaust system, K&N panel air filter and cold air induction will do the trick there... Then maybe port and polish the head, larger throttle body and from there, it starts to get expensive...

And if you still want more power, a T28 should do ya Smile Smile Smile ...

[Updated on: Sat, 17 July 2004 04:19]

Lycander
Newcomer

July 2004
Re: Hello questions, AE93 seca sx 1990 Fri, 16 July 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry about that, i am at work so yeah any way back the the topic. I have already done the filiter, and i think i would be going for the handding 1st and then the preforment and last the looks. any other suggestions i.e. where is a good place to get the intake/exhaust sytem done?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Hello questions, AE93 seca sx 1990 Fri, 16 July 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are heaps of exhaust places around... Just have a flick through Hot4s or Fast Fours or any other mags...

The majority of ppl make their own cold air intakes but they can also be done by and performance shops...

If it's handling you're after, here are the details you need:
Front swaybars: BTF75 24mm fixed rate bar, BTF75Z 24mm Blade adjustable bar
Rear swaybars: BTR31 18mm fixed rate bar, BTR31Z 20mm Blade adjustable bar
Note: if your car does not have a standard OEM front bar use kit BTF77

Front strut tower brace: KSB582
Rear strut tower brace: KSB517
Front camber adjusting bolt kit: KCA415
Rear camber adjusting bolt kit: KCA412
Front caster adjusting kit: KCA340

All these numbers are from whiteline and are available from http://www.whiteline.com.au
Lycander
Newcomer

July 2004
Re: Hello questions, AE93 seca sx 1990 Sat, 17 July 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would this package be smiler?? the works kit? http://www.whiteline.com.au/articles/RH41_CorollaT winCam_a.htm
yeah i know i was just asking if you knew of a good place any way thx
rick_o
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Hello questions, AE93 seca sx 1990 Sat, 17 July 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Tue, 13 July 2004 17:38

Okies... Before I start on the car, I will teach you some punctuation... There are commas, full stops, sentances and correct spelling... ...

Smile

Of course, that'd be sentences Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Hello questions, AE93 seca sx 1990 Sat, 17 July 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lycander wrote on Sat, 17 July 2004 11:53

would this package be smiler?? the works kit? http://www.whiteline.com.au/articles/RH41_CorollaT winCam_a.htm
yeah i know i was just asking if you knew of a good place any way thx

Yeah dude, the works kit is awesome but expensive... You could always just change the swaybars and bushes and see what that does for you...

rick_o wrote on Sat, 17 July 2004 12:11

Rolla Boy wrote on Tue, 13 July 2004 17:38

Okies... Before I start on the car, I will teach you some punctuation... There are commas, full stops, sentances and correct spelling... ...

Smile

Of course, that'd be sentences Very Happy

Quiet smartass Razz Razz Razz ... All fixed...
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Hello questions, AE93 seca sx 1990 Sun, 18 July 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Done the filter huh? Did you put it in a box and do a CAI on it? Don't leave the pod just sitting in the engine bay, the colder the charge the better.
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Hello questions, AE93 seca sx 1990 Sun, 18 July 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would these mods be the same for the model corolla in ur avater rollaboy?..thats the car i want for my next project
thanks
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Hello questions, AE93 seca sx 1990 Sun, 18 July 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah man... The car in my alvatar is mine and its got Monroe GT Series Struts and shocks, Lovells Springs and the rest is still stock...

I'm gunna get some whiteline stuff soonish...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Hello questions, AE93 seca sx 1990 Sun, 18 July 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Sun, 18 July 2004 21:46

I'm gunna get some whiteline stuff soonish...

As Starsky would say... Do it!
CheeseCake_Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Hello questions, AE93 seca sx 1990 Sun, 18 July 2004 16:23 Go to previous message
G'day dude,

I found extractors 4-2-1, 2" strait thru with cannonball gave good power gains for that model. I am currently running '92 seca with ALL power options - include windows, locking, sunroof, mirrors, plus a feature i added: was the motorised mirror closing feature as on Japanese cars sourced from S13 Silvia.

Adding all this excess weight slowed the car down a bit. So consider that when modifying, also having a BIG system will add weight.

Handling would be the most satisfying improvement as powering thru corners, the rear doesn't like to follow the front, so some good suspension upgrades will be good.

Best improvement would be better wheels. Interested in rims for that car, NO PROBLEM, send me a msg.

Art
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Funniest Thing You've seen on a Defect Notice
Next Topic:Four stars in crashtest!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:34:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068418979644775 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.