Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » License Dilema!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
icon8.gif  License Dilema! Fri, 16 July 2004 11:37 Go to next message

License Dilema[ 23 vote(s) ]
1.3 Month Suspension 9 / 39%
2.Good Behaviour 12 months 14 / 61%

Ok i would like to get your opinions on my License Dilemma.

I was booked a month ago for going 30+ over the speed limit and will be getting my 3 month suspension next month and have already paid the $565 fine.

Question is would you take the 3 months and have a lot of hassle gettting to work for 12 weeks?, or would you go on a Good Behaviour Period for 12 months where if you get a 2 point or more fine your good behaviour is over and your suspension period will double?.

I was thinking at first 3 months would be the best option but realise it will be hard on my parents to get them to drive me to and from work for 12 weeks plus i have no public transport in my area.

I Have 4 points left after this fine, so i was thinking even if i had done the 3 month suspension i will have 4 points left and thats really not much, atleast a good behaviour period could TRY to change me to drive normally.

Anyway OPINIONS?.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 July 2004 11:41]

Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: License Dilema! Fri, 16 July 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your in SYD and therefore the 12month behaviour is reducing you to P plates... iv been through it, after the 12months you have to do the tests again and all that crap... THEY PUT YOU ON YOUR Ps

i went the 3month and still drove Rolling Eyes SCREW THAT but thats me... you can go on good behaviour for 12months and drive normally or 3months and still normally... as long as you drive normally they USUALLY dont pull you over but it comes down to LUCK Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: License Dilema! Fri, 16 July 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate to tell you but you can only get the 2 point good behaviour license if you've lost your license via points or some other means... if you lose your license in a 30+ or 45+ incident you cant get it.

Toobs @ Witzls PC

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: License Dilema! Fri, 16 July 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im thinking of buying some shitty car with something like 6 months rego on it, cops wont pull you over in a shitbox, as long as i drive normal the only way they can get me is at an rbt check (unlikely), or having an accident (even if its not my fault) but in that case im running Evil or Very Mad .

[Updated on: Fri, 16 July 2004 12:22]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: License Dilema! Fri, 16 July 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 16 July 2004 22:09

I hate to tell you but you can only get the 2 point good behaviour license if you've lost your license via points or some other means... if you lose your license in a 30+ or 45+ incident you cant get it.

If you can get it, go for the 12month good behaviour, unless your a risky driver like most of us Razz That way if u get pulled over randomnly they cant get you down for jack shit...But make sure you drive like an old lady Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: License Dilema! Fri, 16 July 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Fri, 16 July 2004 22:19

Im thinking of buying some shitty car with something like 6 months rego on it, cops wont pull you over in a shitbox, as long as i drive normal the only way they can get me is at an rbt check (unlikely), or having an accident (even if its not my fault) but in that case im running Evil or Very Mad .

The cops generally don't check your license on the computer when you get pulled over for an RBT... you get to keep your license while its suspended you just are not allowed to drive.

The main way they'll catch you driving unlicensed is if you get pulled over for speeding etc. or if they check your rego on the computer and see that its registered to a driver whose license is suspended.

Just remember that if you get caught driving unlicensed they will also bust you for driving unregistered and uninsured because your registration and insurance only covers "licensed" drivers... It's not really worth it in my opinion, although you can most likely get away with it if you only drive short distances and in peak hour traffic (e.g. going to work).

If you go to court you can apply for a working license where you can only drive to and from work, however, if you've already paid the fine your past the stage where you can easily go to court.

Toobs @ Witzl's PC
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: License Dilema! Fri, 16 July 2004 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Consider the consequences for driving unlicensed an then tell me you think it's really worth it.. Do the crime, do the time so to speak.

If you can get the option of the probationary license, take it and learn some common sense on the road. It's really not that hard. You'll be amazed at how fucking stupid other road users appear when you're driving at the speed limit.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: License Dilema! Fri, 16 July 2004 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get the 12mths. Trust me I had 12mths without a licence, thats not fun in sydney.

Plus $800- fines and a conviction recorded, and now looking at 6mths to 7yrs jail for a different incident.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: License Dilema! Sat, 17 July 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for ur opinions guys, it looks like i might just do the 3 months then im done. If it was for 3 to 12 months i would get the good behaviour.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: License Dilema! Sat, 17 July 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude do the three months...im coming off the back of three years,,you can do three months on ya head...but if you do decide to drive heres a little trick i used when i drove the first time i lost my licence for 6 months...
first of all learn a friends details off by heart,preferably one that has similar eye and hair colour to yourself...learn everything star sign the lot...
if you get pulled over and they ask you if you have your licence on you:
U: no I dont sir/desk job chikk coppa
Cop: why not?
U: I was rolled at the station the other night sir coming home from work.
Cop: did you report it?
U: No..its a common thing in my area sir I dont want to waste you guys time with stuff like that.
Cop: why havent you gotten it replaced?
U: I am working 12 hrs a day at the moment sir and havent gotten a chance to do it yet.
Cop: ok well you know it is actually an offence to not have identification on you bla bla bla bla...
U: yes sir I do understand I will explain that to my boss tomorrow and try and get some time to go to the RTA.its just so hard the bastards got all my ID so it going to be fun..hahaha
Cop: ok son on ya way
U: thankyou sir have a good night...
works a treat for these reasons:
1) you are a victim of crime
2) you work
3) you work frikken hard
4) you have been polite and have explained a genuine reason for being in that situation...
good luck.
oh,and always get out of the car to talk to them whenever possible...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: License Dilema! Sat, 17 July 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try that one in sydney and you'll get no where...

Like the cops give a fuk... Revenue is what it's all about...
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: License Dilema! Sat, 17 July 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i drove around for ages in SYD without a licence...got pulled over 4 times in the one night ,2x speeding and 2 random had one extra person in the back,had to get out of the car Dukes of Hazard style as my door wouldnt open from the inside and got off every time!! but it will only work best when you havent comitted an offence...just have to be polite n shite!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: License Dilema! Sat, 17 July 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey justin
just read about your "6 months to seven years"
is that from the cyclist incident?
how is that case progressing?
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: License Dilema! Sat, 17 July 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Sat, 17 July 2004 17:05

Try that one in sydney and you'll get no where...

Like the cops give a fuk... Revenue is what it's all about...

i disagree it always worked for me! cause they cant really prove otherwise unless someone in the car fucks up and calls your proper name out Laughing

but be very detailed cause they start to ask you freaky questions to get you off guard... in that case i used to give them the dumb found what kind of queestion is that look while im thinking of the answer... ill even say it to them

Cop: what star sign are you?
Me: What kind of Q is that officer? you asking me out or something? Razz
Cop: Embarassed relax son! jsut take it easy next time right?
Me: yeah no worries

Laughing
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: License Dilema! Sat, 17 July 2004 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if you take the 3 months like i did, and drive anyway you will discover very quickly that your old habbits stick, and you will then find out that if you offend again they take your licence for a year, Being in sydney without a licence sucks, which is why i left australia for a year three days after they took my licence, unfortunately theres not much else to do
best option = take the three months and do-not drive at all, no matter how tempting (i cant believe im saying this) but 1 yr sucks, Im just very happy an opening on the other side of the world came up and gave me something to do for a year, oh and by the way if you think australia is bad for cops, go to Poland or Latvia, cops with radars every few K's and there are no speed limit signs, the cops decide what they are when they pull you over.
And with regards to buying a shitbox, cops are MUCH more likely to pull you over in a shitbox, If you wish to go unnoticed buy a sedan corolla or a cressida with light tints and old people hats on the parcel shelf Smile
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: License Dilema! Sat, 17 July 2004 23:00 Go to previous message
Yeah greg that was the cyclist. Hav doc and lawyers telling me it'll be ok but the cop is thatb bad wer're going to the police ombudsman about harrassment from her to us, the lawyer and my boss not to mention her lying through her teeth. For example she rings us on a sunday after not being able to contact the lawyer: me: when did you try to ring? her 5 m in ago me: well it's sunday her: ........

Laughing

It's getting really stressful considering the situation with the twins on the way. I could be in a week or two before they are born
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Work hours
Next Topic:thieving C#%7$
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:38:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051817893981934 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.