Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ozboy
Regular

February 2004
2t to 2tgeu conversion Thu, 15 July 2004 17:12 Go to next message
does this mean alot of work???
apart from the computer and wiring what else needs to be done???
fuel lines or fuel pump anything please let me know... thanx
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2t to 2tgeu conversion Thu, 15 July 2004 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is probably the easiest engine conversion out there. I did it in an afternoon and it was the first time I'd done an engine swap (this was over 10 years ago). Do a search if you want details, I'm sure this has been discussed many times here.

You won't need new fuel lines but you will need a high-pressure fuel pump and replace all your fuel hoses with EFI hose. Apart from that the mechanical stuff is pretty straightforward.
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: 2t to 2tgeu conversion Fri, 16 July 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few specifics:

When changing my 2t - 2tgeu I had to change over the engine mounts, this will vary depending on where you got your engine from and what it's going into.

You may need a thermo fan as the clearance from the engine to the radiator may not be enough. I put mine in a TA22 and it needed a thermo.

The best fuel pump to get would be a Camira/commodore EFI fuel pump (If you ask for a 'Camira' one at the wreckers, you will get it at a cheaper price than if you ask for a commodore fuel pump). You'll probably want to put an inline filter in as well to protect the pump from any sludge in your tank. You do not need to worry about surge tanks for these engines as many people I know run them without and mine does the same with no ill effects.

--Az--
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2t to 2tgeu conversion Fri, 16 July 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the engine fan doesn't fit it's possible to use the water pump and fan from the 2T; I vaguely recall doing this when I did my conversion. Thermos are another option but it's an unnecessary expense.

As for the surge tank, I agree it's not necessary if you have the upright fuel tank. I run no surge tank with my RA23 and I've never had fuel surge. However if it's an early TA22 with the tank under the boot you will want a surge tank.
ozboy
Regular

February 2004
Re: 2t to 2tgeu conversion Fri, 16 July 2004 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx guys youve been a big help...

About the computer and wiring how much would a mechanic usually charge for something like this???
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2t to 2tgeu conversion Fri, 16 July 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't take it to a mechanic for wiring!
jabtronic
Regular

July 2003
Re: 2t to 2tgeu conversion Fri, 16 July 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the Camira pump internal or external?

What are some easy to find internal pumps that fit in the TA22 behind-seat fuel tank?
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: 2t to 2tgeu conversion Fri, 16 July 2004 14:39 Go to previous message
The TA22 tank is not designed to accept an in-tank high-pressure pump. Best solution is external low-pressure pump to surge tank, feeding high-pressure pump to fuel rail/FPR.

Contrary to previously stated, I've personally experienced fuel surge in one TA22 with 2T-GEU and heard of another friend's car esperiencing similar problems. You can live with it and wouldn't ever have a problem if you baby the car around (no lateral forces) or drive with a full tank all the time. Otherwise, it can be a pain in the ass.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 Fuel Tank Capacity?
Next Topic:4agze Hesitation
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:41:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042908191680908 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.