Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Good or bad buy?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Good or bad buy? Mon, 19 July 2004 02:31 Go to next message

I assume a 1990 Seca AE93, no rego. Has A++ interior with no tears or dash or dash cracks, not even fading. Paintwork would be A+ after a decent cut and polish.
The bit im looking at is that, it has been sitting in a garage for 3 years doing sfa. Motor (16 valve 4AGE) has 200k's on it. Blows heaps of smoke. So im assuming a recon is due aswell as cv's. Then its been hit with a Forklift at the back. So it needs to be taken to the panel beater to get pulled. Aswell as a tailgate.
But then on the other hand the guy only wants $300. I have $1600 would this buy this car and fix aswell as doing rego?
If not how much over would you estimate.
  Send a private message to this user    
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Good or bad buy? Mon, 19 July 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think you could have it fully fixed for $1600. depending on how bad the damage is that could take up all your repair cash.
rebuiling the engine is going to set you back $2k if you get a shop to do it or you could get another engine for a couple of hundred. cv's are another couple of hundred.
then rego insurance etc

but after all that you would still have an A++ car for what they are worth $3-4.5K
so it definateley is a 4AGE either SX or GTi model? if so i think its worthwhile
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: Good or bad buy? Mon, 19 July 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tailgate im not worried as thats only $70. Its the left hand back ( as it's a hatch ). Not push in far and its only hit the side.
I will have a closer look today as im pretty sure its a SX.
Would i have any luck making my money back selling it as a dead str8 seca with the back pulled for $1100 maybe? If so i'll be interested as an investment.
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Good or bad buy? Mon, 19 July 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if thats the case find a good second hand engine for say $800 repair the rear damage for $150 topsbuy car for $300 rego for $800 and its under $2k if you can do the work yourself.
sell for $3k = profit margin or nice daily drive
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: Good or bad buy? Mon, 19 July 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, done some quote's. It's a cs-x at another look, not sure if thats the sx. for $600 i can get a good engine + tailgate( exchange ).So its just that pulling part im worried about.
Anyone know of a good panel beater that can do it?
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Good or bad buy? Mon, 19 July 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont bother with it if its only a cs-x
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Good or bad buy? Mon, 19 July 2004 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CS-X means it not worth all the buggering around with unless your looking for a project for a conversion.
CheeseCake_Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Good or bad buy? Mon, 19 July 2004 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CS-X, don't waste your time, i'd be suprised to see a 4AGE in that, considering all they are is the body of an SX, and the engine, dash etc of a CSi.
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: Good or bad buy? Tue, 20 July 2004 00:46 Go to previous message
yer im considering leaving it alone, just thought it was rather cheaper for the body condition/paint/interior was in.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What are these??
Next Topic:Need wiring diagram for a Toyota Soarer JZZ30
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:33:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043580532073975 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.