Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon6.gif  Forum Update - again Sat, 21 September 2002 22:20 Go to next message
I've just upgraded to the very latest version of the forum software, so if you find any problems let me know.

There's a couple of changes that I picked up on:

- You can now remain logged in on multiple PC's (at last!)
- Users can control whether or not to display the Yahoo, ICQ, Jabber icons (which are now shown by default).

Probably others but still just trying to get the Theme back to how it was looking before. I'm still waiting for a mail notification to see how that's changed, and whether or not I have to modify it to include the thread link.

rgrds
sam
  Send a private message to this user    
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sat, 21 September 2002 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im just typing this just so u can test the e-mail notification

Very Happy
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sat, 21 September 2002 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One Problem actually....no big deal.....but when u view a thread ...then use the back button ....it doesnt refresh forum

No big deal...but i liked it better b4 when it did

Ta
Mani
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sat, 21 September 2002 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manipulate wrote on Sun, 22 September 2002 08:42

Im just typing this just so u can test the e-mail notification

ok I got it, thanks, but it doesnt have the link anymore, so I'll have to edit the template to include that feature again..
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sat, 21 September 2002 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manipulate wrote on Sun, 22 September 2002 08:44

One Problem actually....no big deal.....but when u view a thread ...then use the back button ....it doesnt refresh forum

No big deal...but i liked it better b4 when it did

Hi Mani,

I always found that feature really unreliable, sometimes it would work and sometimes not, never really got to figure out why.

sam.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sat, 21 September 2002 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it just me, or is the main forum page layout alot smaller?
I'm not complaining, I really like it so I can see the whole lot on my small screen.
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sat, 21 September 2002 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Hi Mani,

I always found that feature really unreliable, sometimes it would work and sometimes not, never really got to figure out why.

sam.

Odd....always worked 4 me.....but like i said...no big deal

Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 21 September 2002 22:58]

Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sat, 21 September 2002 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sun, 22 September 2002 08:55

Is it just me, or is the main forum page layout alot smaller?
I'm not complaining, I really like it so I can see the whole lot on my small screen.

I think the font is smaller

These new forums gives us the opportunity to have multiple themes again so if it ever does increase let me know and we might be able to sort out a big and small version.

BTW Cool1 - what happened to your Avatar? Did you remove it or did it disapear during the upgrade?

rgrds
sam
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sat, 21 September 2002 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

BTW Cool1 - what happened to your Avatar? Did you remove it or did it disapear during the upgrade?

rgrds
sam

yeah i noticed bigworms dissappeared aswell....uh oh.... Confused ...... Very Happy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sat, 21 September 2002 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it disapeared during the upgrade Crying or Very Sad
And i'm having a hard time getting it back Confused
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sat, 21 September 2002 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there anyway to remove "Show: Today's Posts :: Unread Posts :: Show Polls"? Or even just move it a little?
I am getting freaking sick of clicking on one of those damm links!
I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it and I hate it. Evil or Very Mad
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the new look, have no complaints Very Happy
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm the forum isn't updating whats going on? go into a thread and then go back to that room and it says i haven't been in the thread and also doesn't show my posts,

got on the forum at 10:35 now its 11:03 and down the bottom it still says the time is 10:35 so its not updating and if i click refresh all it does is go back to the Toymods home page ??????
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you press the back button to get out of a thread or do you click one of these links "Toymods » General Discussion » Forum Update - again"

I think the way to do it is when you are in this thread for example you would click on "General Discussion" to go back!
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only complaint i have is that my avatar is gone!! Sad
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
never use the back button usually just clicked on forums on the left menu to go back to the main forum page but no matter what i try it doesn't work even if i click on general discussions at the top of this page the only way i can get around it is if i open a thread or board up in a new window then click on my refresh button, then it works but when i go back to that page again it still says 10:35am at the bottom even though i refreshed it a couple of min ago!!!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah you have to upload your avatar now! But it seems to be restricted to 10k in size! 10k is just a little small isn't it?
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stuff this i'm getting a baseball bat and showing this computer who's boss
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One thing you could try is deleteing your cookies! This has fixed problems in the past with forums when they have been upgraded or modified in some way!
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sun, 22 September 2002 11:24

Yeah you have to upload your avatar now! But it seems to be restricted to 10k in size! 10k is just a little small isn't it?

That depends on whether you're using a modem or broadband Smile

But actually it was always set to 10k... maybe the new version has started enforcing it, which is why some of the avatars have gone missing Confused

I can change it to 20k, but anything more is unreasonable for such a little pic Smile

rgrds
sam
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sun, 22 September 2002 09:48

Is there anyway to remove "Show: Today's Posts :: Unread Posts :: Show Polls"? Or even just move it a little?
I am getting freaking sick of clicking on one of those damm links!
I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it and I hate it. Evil or Very Mad

You need a bigger monitor or glasses or something Very Happy

How's that now?
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GIN51E wrote on Sun, 22 September 2002 11:29

stuff this i'm getting a baseball bat and showing this computer who's boss

Ummm.. as long as it's your computer...

One thing to try (in IE) is to go to

Tools->Internet Options->Temporary Internet Files->Settings

and make sure it is set to check for newer versions on "Every visit to the page" - I found "Automatically" to be unreliable.

sam
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
20k would be great thanks mate! And yes those links are better now! Did you just put a space between the 2 lines?
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
20k done, and yep just put a BR to space it out a bit.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did that and deleted all tempory files and still came up with 10:35am its a pain having to open every page in a new window and hitting the refresh button
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cant upload pics anymore in reply's to posts! That sux!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Sam, I think i'm happy with just about every thing now Smile
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well as long as your happy shane, then I'm happy!! Very Happy
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A couple things:

I can't remember if the font we had now is the same as the old font (before the first upgrade) but I like the one we just got rid of better than the one we have now;

that back button thing. Before the first upgrade it never worked (for me), and after the first upgrade it was working very well, like a back/refresh button in one. As was said, now it doesn't work;

when you click on 'post reply' the page that comes up has no Toymods>General Discussion>Thread links at the top;

and my avatar, but I'm gonna go try working that out myself now, see if I can just upload it.

EDIT: one more thing, the post reply page, that now has the whole thread at the bottom of it has the threads starting from last at the top to first at the bottom. Can we have it the old way? (unless everyone prefers it this way, or unless it's a setting we can control...)

Apart from that, it all looks good to me.

Thanks for spending your w'end doing this sam. Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 22 September 2002 06:40]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only gripe is that I just found out the other day that I could click on the link that said "Thread" on the notifications...but now the new one doesn't have it and I started finding it really handy!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigWorm, the reply page has changed but I think I could get used to it! I mean most of the time one would be replying to one of the last posts like I am doing now, so it saves scrolling down the page to see what you wrote.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I thought about that, but alot of the time I'm replying to a post that's a few messages back, or I need to refer to the original post, plus it makes the post you are looking for easier to find, as you know how far down (or up) it may be.

But like I said, it should be a majority thing.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so is anyone else having a problem with oading the pages? i still log on and i have to refresh every page to get the updated version, like i just loged on then and you go down to the bottom of the screen and it says 10:35am i refresh and it then says 5:30pm, do me a favor and go to the very bottom of the page and check that the time it says is the correct time.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure does Smile
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ditto
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then what the F is going on, its giving me the shits that i have to open up every page in a new window then after its loaded hit the refresh button to reload it and see if there has been any new posts since i last viewed it,

i've deleted the history, the tempory internet files, all the cookies and set it to check for newer versions every visit to a site and still this problem ever since this forum was updated and doesn't do it on any other sites except this one!!! i'm starting to go insane and loose my mind Confused
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have no problems with it! Its working fine Very Happy
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin

If u cant fix it....try using "ctrl + R" to refresh as oppose to opening up a new window

its like a better kind of "refresh"

might work
Very Happy

Ta
Mani
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mani - I thought I'd seen every refresh trick in IE, but that's a new one (besides SHIFT-REFRESH BUTTON, and CTRL-F5)

Gin51E - we'll get to the bottom of it dont worry..

Bigworm - I remember a discussion going on about that in the Support Forum for FUD and they came to the conclusion that it's better to have the most recent post last. I could probably figure out how to change it back - but personally I think I prefer it better this way.

jcmf - I just added a link at the top of the email, let me know how it goes.

fonts - I still have to play around with the CSS file a bit to get the fonts looking like the previous version, just trying to concentrate on the important things first.

thanks for your patience...

rgrds
sam
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i updated to IE6 but still no luck except i have noticed down the bottom of the screen it has a little eye with a red dot and white line through it, as the mouse goes over it it says "privacy report" and when i double click on it

window opens with.

"http://adserv.qnix.com.au/oasisi.php?s=5&w=500 &h=200&cb=1032689159515
and next to that it says "BLOCKED"

does that address mean anything to you? is it anything to do with the forums?

GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm ok i clicked on that link and it went to that top picture for the forums Laughing but don't see how that could cause any problems Rolling Eyes
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GIN51E wrote on Sun, 22 September 2002 20:17

umm ok i clicked on that link and it went to that top picture for the forums Laughing but don't see how that could cause any problems Rolling Eyes

No that shouldnt cause any problems, thats just IE6 telling you that the pic at the top is coming from a different server than the page you're viewing (you can add the qnix.com.au domain under the privacy settings to get rid of this if it bugs you).

sam
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Forum Update - again Sun, 22 September 2002 10:44 Go to previous message
i clicked it and told it that i trust content from that site and its gone, also told it to accept and trust www.toymods.org.au but still no luck Sad hopefully my computer is just having a bad day and will be all good tomorrow
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What's Your Fuel?
Next Topic:EFI Specialist in Brisbane
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:36:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0097770690917969 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.