Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
7MGTE computers Fri, 16 July 2004 01:16 Go to next message
What computers has every1 used on this engine? about to put a computer on one? not sure which to use, what has the best features for a 7M?
  Send a private message to this user    
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 7MGTE computers Fri, 16 July 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only one I've seen in real life that anyone went to the effort of programable management for used a microtech.

It's not exactly a super complicated engine so just get the computer that your tuner is good with.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE computers Fri, 16 July 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats his face celicaboy2000 or something has gone for a wolf i may do the same thing its about middle range

Allan
84supra
Regular

March 2004
Re: 7MGTE computers Mon, 19 July 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would recommend a WOLF 3D, they are not to complicated and are excellent value for money.
I have one running my 6M-GE supra (Soon to be 6M-GTE)
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 7MGTE computers Mon, 19 July 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, yeah im using Wolf and im happy with it. The only problem i've found is that you got to get the trigger spot on! Im using the original 7MGTE cam angle sensor that relies on the speed of the motor to create a "pulse" which isn't that strong at cranking speed this causes errors in the signal and the motor backfires etc while starting. I am looking for a RB series cam angle sensor which is optical and will overcome this problem... All in all IM A HAPPY CHAPPY!!!
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE computers Mon, 19 July 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
better yet get the guts out of a 2.0 holden cameria and just make up a new vane for it

(optical gets dirty)

Allan
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 7MGTE computers Mon, 19 July 2004 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have setup a few microtechs on 7mgte and they work a treat, great fuel economy and great power, have no problems with popping and farting while trying to start,

84supra
Regular

March 2004
Re: 7MGTE computers Wed, 21 July 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have no signal errors with my system. just move the pick ups closer to the vanes in the distributor until they are nearly touching. I can now run the sensitivity on "low" rather than "very low" at cranking speed. Error count = 0.
God only knows how a factory computer can pick up a good signal with such a high factory trigger clearance.
As for optic sensors, RB-30's have a good system from what I have heard.

At the end of the day the management systems are all similar, A good tune is the main thing.
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 7MGTE computers Wed, 21 July 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
casue the factory ecu's and after markets ecus with good reluctor drivers dont need that stong a signal to work correctly,

every reluctor setup i have used a microtech on always has a nice air gap, really you should have them at a distance where there is still a magnetic pull but not too close,

RB30 optical sensors are one of the most unreliable sensors every made, every VL commodore would have had one replaced at one point in time.
84supra
Regular

March 2004
Re: 7MGTE computers Wed, 21 July 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought that with a low signal current it was more a case of distinguishing signal from interferences rather than not being strong enough for the computer to pick up.
I believe there is better insulated cable out there than what wolf use, like coaxial computer cable or a good set of insulated speaker wires.
Simple solution for me is less gap = stronger signal and proportionally lower noise.

I didn't realize how bad the RB optical sensors were! I won't use one on my next project then.
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 7MGTE computers Wed, 21 July 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The computer picks up the signal but also interference, thats the only downside to Wolf. Wont be using a RB30 sensor! Looking for a RB20,RB25 or RB26 cam angle sensor which is different to the RB30 sensor isn't it?
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 7MGTE computers Wed, 21 July 2004 22:13 Go to previous message
wolf have a lot of problems with picking up info from factory sensors, not just toyota sensors,

yes the rb20-26 are different sensors and are mounted on the front of the exhasut cam, they are much more reliable, same with the SR20 sensor, FJ20 have the same problems as the RB30 ones,

the nissan opticals are a good thing, much more reliable signal than a toyota magnetic setup.

dale
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:st142 diff
Next Topic:4AGTE fueling
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 01:02:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053679943084717 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.