Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) Mon, 19 July 2004 10:46 Go to next message
Back for more, eh? Razz

I'm sorry. Show us the pics. Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) Mon, 19 July 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer mate, been lookin at it for a while, nice ride. Cant wait to see the pics of the body kit. Shocked Shocked
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) *PICS ARE ONLINE* (56K Warning!) Tue, 20 July 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice man, how much u spend on the kit?

I dont understand? are you running NOS? as the sticker in the engine bay brands the NOS logo.

Also, wat gauges you got on the a-pilar?

And is this an auto or manual? cos you got a manual gear knob and boot, but i can only see automatic transmision foot pedals.... No clutch??

Nice car man.
CBR9
Newcomer

July 2004
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) *PICS ARE ONLINE* (56K Warning!) Wed, 21 July 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the rims.
Is the boost gage actually hooked up? How close does it get to zero?

Good luck with the project.
Any ideas on what you are building to wards?

poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) *PICS ARE ONLINE* (56K Warning!) Wed, 21 July 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the second toyota ive seen in the week where theyve disguised the automatic shifter as a manual stick Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nice motor, good jap technology...

Ditch the wing and stickers and the car would look nice Smile
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) *PICS ARE ONLINE* (56K Warning!) Wed, 21 July 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude ur car looks pretty crazy! very unique, which is good.hopefully soon you get the performance to match the looks Very Happy
if i were u, i would put different mesh in your bar, say a greyish shaddow chrome colour/maybe u could paint it?
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) *PICS ARE ONLINE* (56K Warning!) Wed, 21 July 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a bit of rice never goes astray but dam thats one riced out camry
good effort tho its certainly not like your average full sik civic/excel/wrx
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) *PICS ARE ONLINE* (56K Warning!) Sat, 24 July 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure about the front but i like the back Smile
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) *PICS ARE ONLINE* (56K Warning!) Sat, 24 July 2004 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice car mate. Love the body kit and alloys Cool although the front lip is just a bit over done but still looks awesome Very Happy
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) *PICS ARE ONLINE* (56K Warning!) Sun, 25 July 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the front bar looks cool looks like mine. the whole car looks sweet u just need some lights Laughing just kidding.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=31127&start=0&rid=5002&S=a10fe9282bc c35e2484cbc0fe4363ff4
this is my ae92 rolla with just a couple of lights Laughing

[Updated on: Sun, 25 July 2004 05:08]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) *PICS ARE ONLINE* (56K Warning!) Sun, 25 July 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Nice Very Happy , the rear looks Sweet. By howmany inches have you dropped the camry?.
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) *PICS ARE ONLINE* (56K Warning!) Mon, 26 July 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks good mate, but I would say definetly remove the spoiler and remove/replace the boost gauge with a gauge that isnt just there for show.
oldskoolrolla
Regular

September 2002
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) *PICS ARE ONLINE* (56K Warning!) Mon, 26 July 2004 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet Camry! Definitely the best one I have seen. Just a suggestion, but I think you should swap the tail lights with a pair on sv22 (90-92 model) or similar model apollo tailights. Mainly because thats the one main thing that makes the sv21 camry look totally dated: the old-style, striped tailights. The later version of that model had way better looking, sleeker tail lights, that I think would suit your car very nicely.

Anyways keep up the awesome job

Dan 'O'
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) *PICS ARE ONLINE* (56K Warning!) Tue, 27 July 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice car mate love the manual shifter! Very Happy thats kweel!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) *PICS ARE ONLINE* (56K Warning!) Tue, 27 July 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldskoolrolla wrote on Tue, 27 July 2004 01:51

Sweet Camry! Definitely the best one I have seen. Just a suggestion, but I think you should swap the tail lights with a pair on sv22 (90-92 model) or similar model apollo tailights. Mainly because thats the one main thing that makes the sv21 camry look totally dated: the old-style, striped tailights. The later version of that model had way better looking, sleeker tail lights, that I think would suit your car very nicely.

Anyways keep up the awesome job

Dan 'O'

I always thought the SV20 was called an SV20 because of the 1.8l 1S-Ci it had, and the SV21 because of the 3S-FE, the SV22 was just a 3S-F (carby)? and the VZV21 (V6) because of its 2.5litre V6 and it was just the,(SV20,SV21) 87-7/89 Camrys that had the stripped taillights? (SV21,SV22) 89-92 didn't?(the toyota code system is weird stiill make bloody good cars but Smile) don't go for Apollo taillights though, I have been told they are hard to find? Confused thats why theres this silver Apollo getting around here with 2 Camry taillights and 2 Apollo taillights freaky?????? what are the differnces between the SV20, SV21 and SV22 Camrys?
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) *PICS ARE ONLINE* (56K Warning!) Thu, 29 July 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well me parents have a 89 SV20 it's got a 1.8l 1s-ci. I think the gen1's were called a SV11? or something not to sure but i know that there was a gen2 SV20

oh and don't worry it was only the Apollos that had the gay taillights, so it won't matter so long as there off a Camry. I personally reckon, stick with the taillights

[Updated on: Thu, 29 July 2004 06:40]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) *PICS ARE ONLINE* (56K Warning!) Thu, 19 August 2004 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JETSPEEDCAMRY wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 13:56

Hello all,

Ive decided to take my rear wing off. Smile

Think it's not really the right one for this car and I think
with the bodykit, it will look sleek as with it off.

Comments??

Regards.

Im sorry about my previous comment about it, but in my opinion i thought, exactly what you have now stated.

Cheers.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Jetspeed's Car (56K Warning) Tue, 07 September 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This things one awesome ride...
Pulls pretty damn hard,

Paint has a really nice finish in real life...
Lots of work has been put into this car, you should show em ur redone engine bay, looks really nice and neat now..

Looks a lot better now without the wing!!!

Top Stuff Kurt!!!
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Jetspeed's Car (56K Warning) Tue, 07 September 2004 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JETSPEEDCAMRY wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 20:35

Also put on slotted disc rotors front are rear. Huge difference. Braking is much better.

Where did you score the rear slotted rotors from? And what brand are they?

Nice ride, it's come a long way, like mine... just wish Jetspeed did all their work the same way they've done yours, UNlike mine. Confused
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Jetspeed's Car (56K Warning) Wed, 08 September 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
Spotted you on Blackburn Rd a few weeks ago - nice car! (the jetspeed decal gave it away Razz)
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Jetspeed's Car (56K Warning) Wed, 08 September 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JETSPEEDCAMRY wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 09:00

Hey,

My slotted rotors are DBA brand. I simply rang them up, and asked for them to be made. They use there race-proven alloys to mould and slot the rotors. They are very very worth it. Much improvement on the original braking system, without huge modifications. Next..maybe Celica GT4 brakes. Up To Something

Yeah, Jetspeed certainly did a great job with the kit. A great place to get modifications like that done. Great workmanship. I suppose you'd expect that though, coz they were competitors in the AutoSalon 2004!!!

They sticker certainly does give it away and it is big!!! But i like to give credit to the people that made this car possible.
Thanx Jetspeed. Heart ahahahahahahaha lol.

Anyways, ill have some pics of the engine bay up soon, when im done cleaning up the rest of it.

Regards.

Yeah I expected great workmanship from Jetspeed too - maybe THAT was my mistake. Confused

How much did the rear rotors cost to get made, and how long did it take them to manufacture?

[Updated on: Wed, 08 September 2004 23:42]

Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Jetspeed's Car (56K Warning) Thu, 09 September 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just my opinion, the rounded kit doesnt suit the squarish car.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Jetspeed's Car (56K Warning) Thu, 09 September 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am giving u big points for effort and determination....

but i'd laugh if i saw it on the road...
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Jetspeed's Car (56K Warning) Fri, 10 September 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, I do exactly the same thing in my RAV, but still people don't see the value in originality - instead opposing the idea and going for 'ease of modification' value instead. But I'll tell you one thing.. the last person that laughed at my RAV4 (since it's had the engine conversion done) copped a floggin at the next set of lights and a nice visit from the middle finger of the right hand sticking out the driver's window as I went, not to mention a shitload of exhaust fumes. Twisted Evil

I say "show some respect, dammit!!" Very Happy

The bottom line is we all like to be original. Cool
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: Jetspeed's Car (56K Warning) Fri, 10 September 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it doesnt matter what other people have to say or what other people think its how you feel and what you think.

i like your car, it is a camry and most people wouldnt bother but i still like it and i admire your.....ummm taste.
if want to shut people up drop a bullshit motor in it and race everyone and win. they will have to like your car then.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Jetspeed's Car (56K Warning) Sun, 12 September 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, I got laughed at with mine because it's stock but the people who laugh usually find out the Camrys got a bit punch in it. old mate in his bling bling auto 3l N/A VL leaned hasn't gone near the car since. has a sticker saying CAMRY on it, did have blue park lights but the law had something to do with me taking them out. It's up too you too decide what you like. If I didn't do this and listened to everyone else I would be driving an old unreliable VN or something whats the point in that
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Jetspeed's Car (56K Warning) Fri, 17 September 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally I dont really like theres camry's very much but I see you have the V6 which is quite nice to have under the bonnet...

IMO the front looks crap but the rear looks fairly decent, good too see the wing has been ditched, tint the windows more and some 18's wouldnt really go astray, if your gonna rice it rice it good at least and seriously get rid of the boost guage...seriously
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Jetspeed's Car (56K Warning) Fri, 17 September 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 17:39

if your gonna rice it rice it good at least and seriously get rid of the boost guage...seriously

Laughing very true...it's been said before Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Jetspeed's Car (56K Warning) Fri, 17 September 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 17:22

MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 17:39

if your gonna rice it rice it good at least and seriously get rid of the boost guage...seriously

Laughing very true...it's been said before Razz

Well i only said it again becuase maybe it might have slipped his mind but a boost guage on an NA car is almost as bad as a BOV on an NA car...almost
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Jetspeed's Car (56K Warning) Sun, 19 September 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude u dont have 2 lisin 2 people do what u think looks good. look at mine because i dont relly care what people think thay can get f*^ked.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Jetspeed's Car (56K Warning) Sun, 26 September 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love the dashlights mate! Very Happy makes me wanna do that to mine!
Galactic Soap
Regular

December 2003
Re: Jetspeed Camry Mon, 04 October 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go hard son !!!! My opinion, is the front is over done, and thankgod you took the rear wing off. Other than that if your happy with it, then thats all that matters ! Very Happy

In relation to your Jetspeed sticker, please remember that they didn't make your car happen, YOU did, if you paid them to that to your car, then I don't see the point in the sticker. Again, just my opinion.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 October 2004 02:13]

VientaV6
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Jetspeed Camry Tue, 26 October 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Message removed, as was hacked

[Updated on: Tue, 26 October 2004 23:14]

da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Jetspeed Camry Tue, 26 October 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VientaV6, dont u think your a bit harsh on some of your statements?

the pictures dont exactly do his car justice. his eyelids might look tacky there but the ingenuity taken to think of a simple way of making them is what sets them apart.

JetspeedCamry's car might not be everyone's taste but there has been a lot of effort put into making it the way it is, and as you have read not everyone likes it here, but you gotta give him kudos for the work.

how can u say the removal of the rear wing is the best thing yet? what abt the once off extractors? how many other Gen2 V6's do u know with extractors, or dual exhaust?

you might like your car stock, and thats fine, but he likes his car the way it is so respect that mate. and as you can see i'm a camry owner too Very Happy

his goals might be different to yours dude, but you must at least give him some recognition for the work he has done so far.

Cheers

Huy
VientaV6
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Jetspeed Camry Tue, 26 October 2004 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry dudes, wasnt me who wrote that, my younger brother was on the net, i didnt log out, he loves camrys as he owns one aswell... mines better.

Hey Jetspeed, my personal opinion is your car does look great, nice work on the body-kit, i have expressed my thoughts on its styling in other threads. Put alot of effort into it, i will do similar to mine one day.

Keep up the good work
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Jetspeed Camry Wed, 22 December 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noice!

Maybe a drift-style bootlid spoiler? Like a tamed-down version of the birdbath on the Walkinshaw VL (plastic pig).

http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Tom-Mktx.jpg

The full-on birdbath REALLY is a bit much:

http://www.walkinshaw.net/replicas/adrian/walky7_thumb.jpghttp://www.walkinshaw.net/replicas/adrian/walky6_thumb.jpg

Perhaps a Gurney-flap?

http://www.wheelexperts.com/images/aero/lorinser/csedan_w203_spoiler.jpghttp://www.wheelexperts.com/images/aero/acschnitzer/e46compact_03.jpg

Super-Touring anyone?

http://www.wheelexperts.com/images/aero/hamann/bmwe36/m306.jpghttp://www.wheelexperts.com/images/aero/hamann/bmwe36/compact01.jpg

Just ideas, since you seem to have ditched the old spoiler.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Jetspeed Camry Wed, 22 December 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice, the paintwork looks great, the kit isn't my presonal taste, but i think it works. Im glad to see the wing is gone, i think maybe a lip spoiler would finish it off nicley though.
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) Thu, 13 January 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, the car sounds good but i cant see any pics of it?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) Thu, 13 January 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually its a rice box, hence my sig... Rolling Eyes
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) Sun, 16 January 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 18:18

Why the hell are u baggin someones car with something like that on ur nick?? Honestly ur trying to put someone on a forum u are part of for no reason except that u think it looks RICE?

Hmmm honestly this forum has been very rude to so many people on here and especially about camrys...
Honestly people on here are acting like 5 year olds just because someone wanted their car to look a certain way...
I'm seriously gettin pissed off with having to tell ppl to settle down and leave people alone..

Toymods needs some rules about the members car section..
Jetspeedcamry posted the car on here to get some opinions which may HELP him in the future about modifying the car thats why we are all here...

JetspeedCamry, I say IGNORE THE BASTARDS WHO KEEP SAYIN SHIT FOR THE SAKE OF IT and ENJOY UR CAR...
Obviously their opinion was neither worth askin for or valuable in anyway...

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1988 Veilside Camry (Jetspeed) Sun, 16 January 2005 12:24 Go to previous message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 18:18

You'd better change your signature or I will ban you. That's not the sort of behaviour that we want on the forums so I will happily remove you from them if you continue that sort of behaviour.

As for the rest of you. If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say it. If you do feel like saying it, then you risk being banned too.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Darkan: 1990 JZA70: 1JZ-GTE 2.5L Twin Turbo.
Next Topic:Chris' MA70
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:08:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074388980865479 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.