Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » **SOLD** Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) pics ($1600)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Drift_Maniac
Regular

August 2003
icon2.gif  **SOLD** Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) pics ($1600) Fri, 02 July 2004 00:08 Go to next message
The body is complete(except for front/rear bumpers), is very straight and i have all the interior panels for it. The firewall is modded back to suit larger engines, such as 20v comfortably. All rust has been cut out from the body and welded over.

The engine is the 16v that was in one of bob holden's old race cars and includes some custom mods - larger sump, heavy duty crank and big cams/adjustable cam gears. Includes loom and TRD ecu(has 2 motherboards inside). Also includes a Jap gearbox, with the clutch on the Rhs of the bellhousing.

The car needs the elictrics hooked up and possibly a new engine loom, but it is in one piece except for a few bits and pieces and is moveable. The paint job was supposed to be black, but did not come out too good except for the engine bay as I was rushed at the time, so it would need a new job.

Would prefer not to separate, due to the time i don't have. Am lookin for $1600 for the lot

Cheers,

jUsTiN

[Updated on: Tue, 27 July 2004 23:15]

Send a private message to this user    
sprintin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) inc Bob Holden's ex race engine Fri, 02 July 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any pics? bhorner@qantm.com.au

Cheers..
Drift_Maniac
Regular

August 2003
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) inc Bob Holden's ex race engine Fri, 02 July 2004 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should have pics on Saturday
Drift_Maniac
Regular

August 2003
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) inc Bob Holden's ex race engine Mon, 05 July 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry guys, unable to organise a camera, so if u r interested, come round and have a look (can't be overly bothered with shipping anyway..) If I haven't got any bites in a week, I'll keep it and pay someone else to do her up for me..

Cheers,

Justin
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) inc Bob Holden's ex race engine Mon, 05 July 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so its out of rego who got the motor done the blokes name just want to check with bob.. and the motor and stuff arent in at the moment .. pics would be great since not in your state
Drift_Maniac
Regular

August 2003
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) inc Bob Holden's ex race engine Tue, 06 July 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The engine is in the car and the car is pretty much in one piece, except for some loose interior panels & the exhaust is left sitting inside the car at the moment, & the car is registered in sa, but has expired at the moment. The engine came from the "rally experience" sprinter shell that I sold to Terry O. I bouught the car off a guy named Mark that ran Rally Experience in the Hunter Valley.

Will try to get a camera tomorrow to take some pics...

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2004 00:33]

Drift_Maniac
Regular

August 2003
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) inc Bob Holden's ex race engine Wed, 21 July 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pics of the car/engine - sorry about the quality - my dad took them when he was down there.. More on the next post..

Attachment: enginebay.jpg
(Size: 56.39KB, Downloaded 286 time(s))
Attachment: front.jpg
(Size: 69.42KB, Downloaded 277 time(s))
Attachment: RHS.jpg
(Size: 74.98KB, Downloaded 235 time(s))

Drift_Maniac
Regular

August 2003
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) inc Bob Holden's ex race engine Wed, 21 July 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The rest..

Attachment: LHS.jpg
(Size: 49.33KB, Downloaded 175 time(s))
Attachment: back.jpg
(Size: 60.90KB, Downloaded 162 time(s))

StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) pics ($1600) Wed, 21 July 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont suppose u have an idea of freight charges to Melb?Looks awesome and straight-would be an awesome project car. Does it have any suspension mods?
Cheers mate
josh_AE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) inc Bob Holden's ex race engine Wed, 21 July 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much would shipping to tassie be? is it registered? prob could organise $1k + shipping in prob 2-3 months.
Drift_Maniac
Regular

August 2003
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) inc Bob Holden's ex race engine Wed, 21 July 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is registered in SA but it needs to be renewed is all..

Think Tassie would't be worth the hassle as you would be looking at land & sea freight. As for a $1k offer, the shell alone is worth that, the gearbox $400 & the engine over $500-$1k, so I think $1600 is a bargain price.

As for supspension, its all standard - the struts i got from the car i got the engine from were pretty hammered, so i got rid of them.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) pics ($1600) Wed, 21 July 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh if only I had $1600 handy right now!

If it's still around in a month, PM me, i'll buy it.
Drift_Maniac
Regular

August 2003
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) pics ($1600) Thu, 22 July 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a few ppl checkin it out on the weekend, but the first to put the money down can take it. A deposit of 800 would be fine, then the rest a few weeks later is cool.

Cheers,

Justin
AE82neo
Regular

June 2002
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) pics ($1600) Thu, 22 July 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fairly interested, how much freight to brisbane you think?
Its also driveable right?
No rust?
Oh and any more pics? Interior, bits where there were rust?Any rust in spare wheel area?
I cant exactly come round and have a look at it you see...

[Updated on: Thu, 22 July 2004 05:42]

yaf_ool
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) pics ($1600) Thu, 22 July 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so did anyone buy it or put a deposit on or what
valandor
Regular

December 2003

Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) pics ($1600) Thu, 22 July 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im currently in negotiation with drift maniac..

and getting money at the moment.

exceedingly interested just getting the funds now
Drift_Maniac
Regular

August 2003
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) pics ($1600) Fri, 23 July 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will put a post once i receive a deposit from someone, and then is when i will post it as sold. If anyone else wants to check it out on sat/sunday let me know.

Cheers,

jUsTiN
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) pics ($1600) Fri, 23 July 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will call monday if still available, if it gets sold i have a rear bumper to go on it to the lucky buyer, pm me if interested

[Updated on: Fri, 23 July 2004 04:50]

SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) pics ($1600) Fri, 23 July 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that engine was rebuilt not long before mark haybiddle took it out the rally school i looked at the car when he had it forsale bout 2 1/2 years ago
Drift_Maniac
Regular

August 2003
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) pics ($1600) Sun, 25 July 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, she started and ran fine when i had her in the last car. The sound from the exhaust was Cammy as and i had to get a bigger rezi to quiet her down - sweet as sound though
Drift_Maniac
Regular

August 2003
Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) pics ($1600) Mon, 26 July 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 26 July 2004 00:32]

Drift_Maniac
Regular

August 2003
Some more info on the car... Mon, 26 July 2004 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The engine is efi & the gearbox is a t-50, but has the clutch slave on the rhs (jap) as opposed to aus-spec's on the lhs.
The gearbox has the correct jap clutch slave for the car - makes no difference (only thing is that you dont need all the length on the clutch tube, so it will prolly cost 20 bucks to get it shortened, but i just have it in there as is). The fuel tank is standard - i was running an external pump via a switch inside the car - don't have a fuel pump for it, but u can use a vl bommadore or camira pump for the same effect.

As far as I know the cams are 279 degree adjustable & the ecu was pre programmed - has a knob to adjust the injectors from lean to rich. I never had the car properly tuned, but she still booted & the sound from the exhaust was cammy as (verrry mean sound - ppl though the was a rote!!)

Had it running 6 months ago when I had it in my poo brown sprinter, but its body was not in too good shape, so I took it out to put in a straight body. Rick (gingernuts) did the modding on the fire wall, cut out any rust & welded over the locks & reinforcing the body - not sure who he got to do it though.
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) pics ($1600) Tue, 27 July 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im guessing it hasnt sold yet...
Drift_Maniac
Regular

August 2003
Re: **SOLD** Project AE86 Sprinter -(adelaide) pics ($1600) Tue, 27 July 2004 23:17 Go to previous message
Now it has.. Thanks to all interested.

Cheers,

jUsTiN
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wanted: Late model twin turbo Supra
Next Topic:WTB: CAR - Sunshine coast/Brisbane
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:50:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.009181022644043 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar