Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 20 July 2004 08:57 Go to next message
Mods (noun.) : Products that may make the car look uglier that originally produced. Such 'Mods' include the well known BIG F*CK OFF aluminium wing, and also the BIG F*CK OFF muffler with 4" tip as standard. Bright colourful lights may also be considered 'Mods'.

At this rate, I'll be working for Webster's in no time Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 20 July 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_125.jpg
DID U SAY LIGHTS?
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 20 July 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alloys - 19" spinners on an excel with custom 'fuck off' wing
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 20 July 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bling- Adding excessive amounts of chrome that may become a hazard to other drivers.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 20 July 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that car is soooooooooooooooo COOL,its posted in the members rides section on this site,
as for rice..
fake intercoolers are up there
snap on car seat covers
monsta tacos on AUTOS Rolling Eyes
those things asians stick on their dash
actcually pretty much anything an asian does to their car,sorry asian dudes not trying to be a racist but cmon...
cant think of anything else at the mo

Edited for all the people who thought i was too harsh.... Twisted Evil

[Updated on: Thu, 22 July 2004 03:02]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 20 July 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Tue, 20 July 2004 21:34

that car is soooooooooooooooo GHEY,its posted in the members rides section on this site,could only excuse its wrongness if the owner is retarded Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
That's way harsh considering he was posting the pic of his own car. You sir are a blunt bastard. No No No
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 20 July 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing sorry dude,
i didnt look at your avatar..
but cmon what are you thinkn? Rolling Eyes
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 20 July 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5" Tacho - Helps autos shift....quoted from tabuli habib akmed jones " it helps ma auto shift faster than manual"
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 20 July 2004 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FULSIK-(noun)cannot be described. More than radical, more than amazing, unbelievable......
" ma car is so bad, it is FULSIK"

Can also mean that i spent more money on it, without using common sense.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 20 July 2004 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Being an old bloke, I'm new to this "rice" stuff.

Are you guys telling me that all this shit (and extra weight) is added to a stock car? Like, I mean, they don't spend money on performance stuff? It's all show? And, they're automatics?

And, such a vehicle is called "riced up"?

seeyuzz
river
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 20 July 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just one thing to add,
I was going to have to get an aftermarket tacho as mine doesn't work (chaser dash). I have an auto. Surely this could not be called ricey? I still want to know how many revs I am doing.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Wed, 21 July 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldnt call it rice provided its more functional than fashionable. But it will be ricey if its a "monster tacho"

EDIT: Especially ricey if you get a shift light.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 July 2004 00:21]

TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Wed, 21 July 2004 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
civic -(pro noun) The most powerful car in the world.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Wed, 21 July 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your pretty much spot on River,obviously my description of a riced up car is different to the next blokes but pretty much anything that is attempting to look like a space ship but could get blown away by a taxi..i think it has alot to do with the attitude of the driver aswell,if the guy is racing around to the sound of his 4" tip on a stock civic and all it has is a black bonet monsta taco and snap on car seat covers then i would label him as a ricer...and ghey Rolling Eyes
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: The Ricers Dictionary Wed, 21 July 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep real rice is pointless modification... like a 5 inch dumper on a stock excel.

e.g. Itsuki has a sik momo steering wheel in his hachi-go... he bought it before he turbo'd the 4AC

PS The Ichi-Hachi-Go will nevah looooooooze!
crayz legz
Regular

January 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Wed, 21 July 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man wrote on Tue, 20 July 2004 20:49

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_125.jpg
DID U SAY LIGHTS?

whos car is that? is it sim dogs?
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Wed, 21 July 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha whos ever it is, it is a beast Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 22 July 2004 02:58]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Wed, 21 July 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crayz legz wrote on Wed, 21 July 2004 19:57

whos car is that? is it sim dogs?

Its puzzle man's...the CSX corolla i believe Confused
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Wed, 21 July 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Wed, 21 July 2004 19:54

Yep real rice is pointless modification... like a 5 inch dumper on a stock excel.

e.g. Itsuki has a sik momo steering wheel in his hachi-go... he bought it before he turbo'd the 4AC

When dose he do this? ive seen all episodes up to project d 4th stage and he never turbos it...
Confused
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Wed, 21 July 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=31127&rid=2645&S=bb944ba65da74e1a5fdad25 06396b97e&pl_view=&start=0#msg_272948msg_2 72948

The car is puzzleman's.
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Wed, 21 July 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh its a real nice car Rolling Eyes, fancy seeing it brought up in the ricers thred Shocked
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Wed, 21 July 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Its freakin loud too! Trust me to park my butt next to it when it was dyno'd the other week.

seeyuzz
river
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Wed, 21 July 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

riceburna73 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2004 20:27

hahaha whos ever it is he's an embarassment to himself his friends and family Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

C'mon man, that's a bit harsh, and, as previously mentioned, rather blunt.

Ricer or not - each to their own. I've spoken to puzzleman only a couple of times at the Toymods meetings and he's an okay guy, friendly and one of the "gang", so to speak. He's got a nice missus and a cute kid, and his vehicle shouldn't be the target of shallow abuse and personal attack.

He participates in the events and cruises and, whether you like it or not, he's an active member of the forum. He plays nice and so should you.

If you wanna pay out on somebody, find a Mitsubishi, Honda or Commodore forum and give them crap.

seeyuzz
river
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: The Ricers Dictionary Wed, 21 July 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camry_omega wrote on Tue, 20 July 2004 20:56

Bling- Adding excessive amounts of chrome that may become a hazard to other drivers.

do my chrome wheel arches count as rice?
they came std lol
Ramtech
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Thu, 22 July 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simple things for simple minds
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Thu, 22 July 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Shane (river) i am aware that my car is RICE but i don't have a big f#@k off wing (mabe next week Laughing ) just kidding
but i do get all the looks from parsers by because with 48.7 kw thats what every 1 dose passes by Laughing . and river i don't have a kid u must mean harry
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_171.jpg
did u ??

[Updated on: Thu, 22 July 2004 07:52]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Thu, 22 July 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yeah, I meant Harry. Sorry about that Smile

I got another "ricer" question...

Other than adding pointless things to a stock car, is ricing also about attitude? For example, do ricers try and race these stock cars and think they're got shit-hot performance cars, or do they just pot about normally?

I dunno why... but something about this ricing business fascinates me in a strange (and possibly sad) way. Confused

seeyuzz
river
crayz legz
Regular

January 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Thu, 22 July 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does a really good system, nice rims and a mediumish exhaust count as being rice?
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Thu, 22 July 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puzzleman spoiler for ya.
http://www.ssv.com.au/cache/item-15337public.html? cache=no
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Thu, 22 July 2004 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK Im ending this argument once and for all, sorry it has to be done.

WARNING:Do not look for longer than 10 seconds or you may become a victim.
http://www.cbu.edu/~hnguyen/SHO/stang1.jpg
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: The Ricers Dictionary Thu, 22 July 2004 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SillyCar88 wrote on Thu, 22 July 2004 23:56

what type of insect is that? Very Happy
CheeseCake_Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Thu, 22 July 2004 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love these ricers threads,

Also i think the new fad these days is different coloured bonnet. Got a white 'AE92 CSX seca corolla' behind my house with a black bonnet. Theres a blue charade with a red bonnet, theres also another white corolla with black bonnet,

I'm guessing that these guys have suffered great damage to their bonnets, and well, you just have to change 'em o_O

These are only a few in Wollongong, but it seems to be the craze.

It'd be cool once in a while to actually come across a car with the real thing. I don't care what anyone says, carbon fibre bonnets look trick.
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Thu, 22 July 2004 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SillyCar88 wrote on Thu, 22 July 2004 23:56

Now "THATS" what i'm talking about!

I wanna drift wing.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Fri, 23 July 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad such a nice car wasted for that shit Mad Razz

Wonder if the 2extra mufflers do anything Razz
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Fri, 23 July 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That means putting mags on your car is rice, because they are no more functional then stock wheels.

And don't come back with tyres, because Im not talking about tyres, Im talking wheels.

You can put good tyres on stock rims.

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo right. Rolling Eyes

Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Fri, 23 July 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those Mustangs are garbage except for the engine anyway. Surprised

Gotta love the 80's interior and crap build quality. Razz
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Fri, 23 July 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Billy-Mason PI wrote on Fri, 23 July 2004 13:06

That means putting mags on your car is rice, because they are no more functional then stock wheels.

And don't come back with tyres, because Im not talking about tyres, Im talking wheels.

You can put good tyres on stock rims.

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo right. Rolling Eyes

There is a limit to stock rims, where you must go aftermarket to have a wider track and less wall flex.

But yeah, aftermarket rims which are no better than stock ones are rice. Especially shiney ones that rotate when u stop (stupid ghey corolla i saw once...)
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: The Ricers Dictionary Fri, 23 July 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TokenBlackGuy wrote on Wed, 21 July 2004 21:45

When dose he do this? ive seen all episodes up to project d 4th stage and he never turbos it...
Confused

In stage 1 about episode 3 he has the momo steering wheel... later in stage 1 he talks about getting a turbo for his 4ac...
Like most AE8X corolla drivers itsuki is just a takumi wannabe driving a hachi-go.

Evil or Very Mad
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Fri, 23 July 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Quote:

ones that rotate when u stop (stupid ghey corolla i saw once...)

Huh? WTF?

seeyuzz
river
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Fri, 23 July 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Fri, 23 July 2004 20:58

Hi,

Quote:

ones that rotate when u stop (stupid ghey corolla i saw once...)

Huh? WTF?

seeyuzz
river

Like i said, they are called spinners. It's just this piece of shite that attached to the alloys or something and keeps spinning whn your not moving Rolling Eyes i heard some people got defected for them Laughing serves them right for putting that shit on Razz
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Fri, 23 July 2004 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohhhh River hasn't heard of the new craze in the RICE community, man haven't you seen the ads or even been to the latest Autosalon, well theyre called Spinners, theyre BIG, chrome, have a really artistic design and spin when the wheel doesnt, OR even better they look like the wheels arent moving when they really are, another thing they're really COOL (apparently). They actually started in USA for the lowrider market, but its seemed to spread all the way to prestige cars just to make them look worthless, funny how rice products do that.

Billy-Mason you are soooooooooooooo not right
Its wrong to say that rims are pretty much rice, thats just wrong, they can be, BUT they're also very useful if put to the right purpose eg: not cruising and showing off. Why the hell do most rally, track cars use larger rims, or even D1 competitors, they have major benefits over stock rims.
I sooooooooooo dont care if Im right
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Sat, 24 July 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Fri, 23 July 2004 17:23

TokenBlackGuy wrote on Wed, 21 July 2004 21:45

Confused

In stage 1 about episode 3 he has the momo steering wheel... later in stage 1 he talks about getting a turbo for his 4ac...
Like most AE8X corolla drivers itsuki is just a takumi wannabe driving a hachi-go.

Evil or Very Mad

Except of course AE85s come with the 3A-U and not a 4AC like our local AE86
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Sun, 25 July 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On a Escalade or a nice big benz or a lowrider spinners look awesome but not a a small car it's gotta look fucked up.
It's a horses for courses thing. Sum things look better on sum cars than others.
I like spinners but i wouldn't put them on my celica
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Sun, 25 July 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

SillyCar88 wrote on Sat, 24 July 2004 00:56

Ohhhh River hasn't heard of the new craze in the RICE community, man haven't you seen the ads or even been to the latest Autosalon, well theyre called Spinners, theyre BIG, chrome, have a really artistic design and spin when the wheel doesnt, OR even better they look like the wheels arent moving when they really are, another thing they're really COOL (apparently). They actually started in USA for the lowrider market, but its seemed to spread all the way to prestige cars just to make them look worthless, funny how rice products do that.

Sorry, I'm not up on the RICE craze and, judging by what I've read in this thread, so much the better.

In my day, spinners were those small attachments you put in the middle of your wheel - al la MGs and Alfas - not some spinning disc or whatever it is.

It all sounds quite bizarre.

And this bling thingo!!!! Bling, from what I gather is excessive chrome. Well, I got chrome bumpers and I'm damn proud of them. I don't like anti-blingers who paint their classic chrome bumpers in the colour of their car - trying to fool people that it's a hip and modern vehicle. It's not - it's a classic that you've just stuffed by painting the entire car (grille included) the one colour.

seeyuzz
river (tho I may change to The Rivster... rice my name up a bit Smile )

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Sun, 25 July 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is what they are:
http://img11.exs.cx/img11/8862/spinek0001.jpg

The outer thing spins:
http://img11.exs.cx/img11/761/spintekDRIFT.jpg
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Sun, 25 July 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Awww crikey. That looks stupid! Looks like something that should be on a combine harvester.

Whoever came up with this concept ought to be shot with a ball of their own shit. People actually put this type of bullphuck on their cars? Well, indeedy me, there's some sorry asses in this world.

Unbeleivable!!! Shocked

seeyuzz
river

ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Mon, 26 July 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've seen one too many monster 5 inch tacho's WITH ADJUSTABLE SHIFT LIGHTS on autos......I mean....what the ???!!!

And ok so there is neon....

And yeah coffee tin cannon exhaust pipes....

But neon lit chrome tip 4 inch pipes ????!!!!

Putting rice on rice is the ultimate sin.
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Mon, 26 July 2004 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MASSIF FUEL GAUGES...wtf?

If your current one is not working, a non ricer would opt for a small inconspicuous replacement, or fix the problem. But some posers have massif 5" fuckers on their dashes even when their factory one is still working? I could really only imagine this to be minisculy justified, if you have some massive 7L V8, and were proud to watch the gauge decrease steadily as the revs increased. These are just plain RICE, as too are any gauge regardless of size, that reads any info that is not of any benfit or relevance to the driver, i.e. battery voltage.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 27 July 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What does battery voltage mean ?
I've got a batter voltage gauge in my car (it came standard)
it never reads 12 volts
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 27 July 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The voltage in your car can flucate quite a both below and above 12v. If you have your headlights on, stereo on or other electric devices switched on this can cause the voltage to drop from 12v.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 27 July 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the lowest it gets is 16 volts
is this bad ?????
and would i be better off replacing it with an amp meter ?
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 27 July 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats quite high, a voltage of between 10 and 14 is condsidered "normal"
Either something is wrong with the meter or the battery, so i could check the voltage using a multi meter.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 27 July 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the battery puts out like 13/14 volts.
I think the meter might need 2 b recalibrated.
But it doesn't worry me i don't look at it anyway i was just wondering what it was
thanks
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Tue, 27 July 2004 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When i bought my old Sileighty, it had a HUGE twin element adjustable anodized aluminium wing,(left a total of 16 holes in my hatch) a total of 3, count them, 3 tachos not including the stock one (Monster with shift light and 2 LCD tachos),spanky aluminium checkerplate floor mats, and stickers all over goddam interior. I spent the next weekend de-ricing my vehicle b 4 i was game to show it in public.
When i sold it, i showed the guy the box of stuff i pulled off, his eyes lit up and he went and put em all back on. Sheeesh! Mad

Waste of a nice clean drifter.
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Wed, 28 July 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Poor Sil80, what possess people to do these hideous crimes?
I bet you got it pretty cheap though, don't rice products normally lower the value of a car Very Happy
Guages CAN be rice, but they're sometimes quite needed, depending on the use, like oil pressure, boost, RPM, etc can be vital if you have something with over 300kw and you take it down the track.
What people need to think is: Is it really neccessary? Will this benefit the performance of my car? Will it make my dick any bigger? And so on....
toynado
Regular

May 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Thu, 29 July 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uncle Ben = Dad

(do they hav uncle ben's rice in ozzland?)
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Thu, 29 July 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what a waste of a decent nissan (there arent many)!
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: The Ricers Dictionary Fri, 30 July 2004 07:35 Go to previous message
With the ignition on, power should be around 12V but when shes running it will bump up to 13-14V because it is being charged.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: motorola battery
Next Topic:Sydney Traffic info needed
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:25:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086019039154053 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.