Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Fri, 23 July 2004 09:36 Go to next message
hey all, in the vain of Des' thread, some motherfucking little drug faggotts broke into my car early this morning, sometime after midnight im guessing, right out the front of my house, and ripped the shit out of my console area around the cd player, stole my mp3 player, my sunglasses, and my handsfree and car charger for my car. they popped the lock straight out of the drivers door, and just rummaged through the car for anything of value, luckily i dont keep anything valuable in there, except yeh just a pair of sunnies and the cd player, but hey theres nothing that i could do about them taking simple shit like that.

but yeh, im just glad they didnt smash a window, the annoying thing is that its a quiet cul-de-sac that i live in, the good thing is it was just random, as 2 houses down from mine had there Excel stolen lol, an '80's model, plus a mate up the road had his shitbox Commodore broken into, and guess what they stole, a beanie and a jumper lol, the little junkie cunts have just gone on a spree in the area, im guessing there were other cars done aswell but we just havent found out about them yet, but it should be in the local paper seeing as afew people got done.

ive already implemented some more security measures, so yeh they wont be doing my car again anytime soon, well not without tonnes of effort and a lot of time on their hands, which they wont have.

but yeh, its the same in all areas over Sydney, theres nothing much you can do except lock the car up safely and just watch whos around and where you park your car, but i spose if they want something they'll try no matter whats stopping them, its un-nerving they did it out the front of my house, but if they come back again they're going to have an appointment with the beautiful willow of my chunky cricket bat lol. Laughing

cheers all. Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Fri, 23 July 2004 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sucks to hear mate.
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Fri, 23 July 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh, that sucks. my cressi just got broken into another day. luckily a cop followed him, and caught him.
he only took the CD deck panel face , a chinese megazine and a CD! He tried to take the CD deck out, he can't, but still cracked a bit of the plastic off. Mad
hasn't tested it if it's alrite, as the panel face are still in the police station.

one think is that, the cop followed this guy acrossed a suburb to where i live, and waited him to finished the job!!!
Couldn't he just catch him when he's doing it, save me some damage to the car.

anyway, i was lucky enuf. now i must consider to install a alarm into a 1k car... Confused
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Fri, 23 July 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

For crying out loud, you Sprinter dudes! Put an alarm system in your cars! It's obvious that they're popular and assholes want to nick them whenever possible. Alarms don't cost that much and it will surely save you the grief of having some turd rip off your car.

seeyuzz
river
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Fri, 23 July 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Fri, 23 July 2004 22:01

Hi,

For crying out loud, you Sprinter dudes! Put an alarm system in your cars! It's obvious that they're popular and assholes want to nick them whenever possible. Alarms don't cost that much and it will surely save you the grief of having some turd rip off your car.

seeyuzz
river

what he said
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Fri, 23 July 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well actually i dont think they're that popular with thieves, ive only ever heard of 3, maybe 4 Sprinters being stolen. my paint is pretty ordinary and ive still got the 4ac in the car so ive felt no need for a good alarm system and/or immobiliser yet, seeing as my car has a cut-out system, and its always locked up in a safe environment generally (until the thieves targeted it out the front of my house), but yeh once ive completed more mods on my car an alarm etc. will definitely go in, but thats besides the point really, if a thief wants a car, and they know what they are doing, they are going to get the car most of the time, regardless of an alarm or immobiliser system.

and actually the price of an alarm system will greatly impact on how hard a car is to steal, the cheaper the alarm obviously the shittier it will be, so buying a cheap-arsed alarm wouldnt do much except keep away the most amateur of thieves.

i do know where you're coming from River, but yeh an alarm doesnt always solve theft problems. Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Fri, 23 July 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter-Saurus wrote on Fri, 23 July 2004 22:42

well actually i dont think they're that popular with thieves, ive only ever heard of 3, maybe 4 Sprinters being stolen. my paint is pretty ordinary and ive still got the 4ac in the car so ive felt no need for a good alarm system and/or immobiliser yet, seeing as my car has a cut-out system, and its always locked up in a safe environment generally (until the thieves targeted it out the front of my house), but yeh once ive completed more mods on my car an alarm etc. will definitely go in, but thats besides the point really, if a thief wants a car, and they know what they are doing, they are going to get the car most of the time, regardless of an alarm or immobiliser system.

and actually the price of an alarm system will greatly impact on how hard a car is to steal, the cheaper the alarm obviously the shittier it will be, so buying a cheap-arsed alarm wouldnt do much except keep away the most amateur of thieves.

i do know where you're coming from River, but yeh an alarm doesnt always solve theft problems. Smile

most car theifs that break into 4ac sprinters wont have dick all idea of what they are doing.. so even a jaycar alarm will do for piece of mind
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Fri, 23 July 2004 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FARK DUDE!~~~~~

must be a curse

Now your making me feel *abit* better Very Happy but yeah, we are both lucky that these theieves were random attackers, your one was definately random - for posessions only...But it makes my thieves seem so professional.

My car was immobilised with VERY dark tints, but as they say, no matter what security you have, they will always use the maximum ruthfulness to get past it.

maybe we should start a donation thread for repairs Rolling Eyes
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Fri, 23 July 2004 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

True, if a professional mob wants to take your car, they will bypass the alarm and there's little you can do about it.

However, the vast majority are pinheads who want to just steal your radio and/or take the car for a joyride and most alarms will stop these mongrels. Use an insurance approved alarm and insure the car so at least you can get the money back if it gets stolen. These alarms stop both the fuel and electricity to your engine and auto-arm themselves after about a minute in case you forget. Make sure it has a big, bright flashing LED and put some stickers on the windows to inform the would-be theif that this car is alarmed. Hopefully, they're smart enough to leave it alone and find some other similar car where the owner hasn't installed an alarm system.

At your home, you can install a cheap camera and hook it to a VCR. Load a long play tape and run the VCR in long play mode and you'll get a good 8-10 hours of tape and see what's happening to your car.

Also, if you park it in your drive, get one of those motion detectors and hook it to a few spot lights under the eaves of your house. Anyone comes near your car they'll be lit up as though it's daylight.

An idea I've been kicking around is to install one of those voice chips that let you record up to 2mins of speech. You get some chick to scream out "Help! Rape!" or "Help, Fire!" into the recorder and you hook this to an amp and speaker inside the engine bay. Also, it helps if you put a 120db siren inside the car. 100db is the threshold of pain, so 120db would almost bust an ear drum and turn your brain to mush. If the car is broken into, instead of an alarm, you'll hear some chick screaming out the above - and that'll surely wake a few people and prolly scare the bejesus outta the would-be theif.

Then, there's always the electric fence circuit that you hook up and run the wires behind your radios. Anyone sticking their hands around it will get about 50,000 volts. Hehehe.. make sure you disconnect it before you work on your radio or you'll cop a belt also. However, this sort of thing is illegal - bit IMHO I'd have no issues in electricuting some scum-sucking pig who was intent on stealing my radio or breaking into my car.

seeyuzz
river
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Sat, 24 July 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes high Db screamers are good. When the cops went to visit the guy that broke into my car he denied it eventually. That is when he could understand the question.
Laughing Laughing

Had two 120Db sirens in the drivers headrest. He was hurting.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Sat, 24 July 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Sat, 24 July 2004 10:04

Yes high Db screamers are good. When the cops went to visit the guy that broke into my car he denied it eventually. That is when he could understand the question.
Laughing Laughing

I've wondered about these but have also wondered what happens if it goes of by accident when you get in? I don't have an alarm, but all my friends that do seem to accidentally set their's off on occasion by forgetting to press the button or the auto-arm kicks in. Confused
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Sat, 24 July 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Sat, 24 July 2004 11:02

Laughing Laughing

I've wondered about these but have also wondered what happens if it goes of by accident when you get in? I don't have an alarm, but all my friends that do seem to accidentally set their's off on occasion by forgetting to press the button or the auto-arm kicks in. Confused

yes, i do that on occasion
probably could rig them up to a switch so u turn it on whenever u leave cat at home overnight or somewhere u think is unsafe
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Sat, 24 July 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got one of the screamers under my dash and have never had a problem with it. The alarm only utilises it if it goes off (not the confirmation chirps) and the alarm works by transponder so it switches off when I put the key in. I dont remember ever setting it off by accident.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Sat, 24 July 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a barrel type key that switched 6 circuits, some on, some off, operating various coutouts and switching on the alarm but not arming it. The arming was by remote as normal. Never had an issue.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Mon, 26 July 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a 120db siren inside the car, its fukin loud you can bear it for a few seconds if it acidentaly goes off but not for long.

dude a cheap, easy and good thing to do is hook up some 120db sirens inside your car in hard to get places. wire them to your interior light, and have a switch outside the car. when they open the door the sirens go off, you cant sit inside the car long enough to take anything or find the siren trust me!
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Mon, 26 July 2004 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much did it cost to get that door lock fixed? or will cost?
some ones had jarred into the lock of my ke70 and the door handle area of my ae95 is hanging out due to failed intrusion...

will have a whole new use for the club lock Mad
http://www.hpionline.com/Lock_Images/club/1050T.jpg
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Tue, 27 July 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Laughing Laughing

So.... Tell me how you hooked this up??? I'm very interested, since i'm soon to receive my ra28...
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Tue, 27 July 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
red wire to 12v, black to earth Very Happy
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Tue, 27 July 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Tue, 27 July 2004 02:41

how much did it cost to get that door lock fixed? or will cost?
some ones had jarred into the lock of my ke70 and the door handle area of my ae95 is hanging out due to failed intrusion...

will have a whole new use for the club lock Mad

i just fixed it myself, i swapped the lock from the passenger side onto the drivers side, so that the drivers side can still be opened with the key, and then on the passenger side i just got a lock from a Corolla at the wreckers and put that in on the passenger side. the key obviously doesnt work in it, but i just open that side from the inside the car if i need to.

i knocked most of the dent in the door around where the lock was with a mallet and the flat end of a cold chisel, its not 100% perfect, but once the is sprayed it'll be perfect again. Smile
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!! Tue, 27 July 2004 14:32 Go to previous message
rthy wrote on Tue, 27 July 2004 02:11

these clublocks arent good, as a 13yr old kid its easy to snap these Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:BUMP! -Did any of you guys (CELICA/camry owners) end up ordering the rims?
Next Topic:[SA] Driving Courses
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:39:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059740543365479 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.