Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
MR2 Gen2 3S-GE into fwd Thu, 22 July 2004 01:44 Go to next message
Has anyone out there done this swap using the gen2 manifolds and ecu? i am putting an MR2 3s-ge into my st162 celica and im having a little trouble working out some on these vacuum lines, in particular those two that come off the power steering pump on FWD 3s-ge's.

Any help would be awesome guys.
  Send a private message to this user    
medlock
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: MR2 Gen2 3S-GE into fwd Fri, 23 July 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey there m8. i need some help.......i have an 87 3sge celica sx and im wondering if a 3sgte from a gt4 or mr2 will fit nicely into my car? thanx
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: MR2 Gen2 3S-GE into fwd Fri, 23 July 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sure will, are you planning to do it yourself or getting someone else to do it?

No one out there can help me?
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MR2 Gen2 3S-GE into fwd Fri, 23 July 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
use the search function as this topic has been covered many times. Also try the ST162 dedicated thred, in the general car talk section. We have the info, but use the search function as there are a few of us that answer these threds a little bit too often.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MR2 Gen2 3S-GE into fwd Fri, 23 July 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Talk to Wiso, he has a mate in canberra with a gen2 3sge in a st162.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MR2 Gen2 3S-GE into fwd Fri, 23 July 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wiso has the Gen 1 3sgte out of an ST165. I have the Gen 2 3sgte out of the ST185.
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: MR2 Gen2 3S-GE into fwd Fri, 23 July 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draza: Search was the first thing i did, to the best of my knowledge no one on toymods who has put a gen2 3s-ge into an st162 has used the gen1 manifolds and ecu cos it makes the job a lot easier. ie they dont face the problem i currently face where i need to work out the vacuum lines to hook up the power steering pump (MR2 doesnt have one).

smt_007: wiso is a good friend of mine. maybe im the guy youre thinking of, his friend currently doing the swap.
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: MR2 Gen2 3S-GE into fwd Fri, 23 July 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rephrase time: to the best of my knowledge EVERYONE on toymods who has put a gen2 3s-ge into an st162 has used the gen1 manifolds and ecu cos it makes the job a lot easier

everyone not no-one
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MR2 Gen2 3S-GE into fwd Fri, 23 July 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry farmsci ST162, that wasn't directed at you.
The best idea i have for you is finding someone with an ST162 and have a look at the hoses that you are talking about.
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: MR2 Gen2 3S-GE into fwd Fri, 23 July 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah thats cool Draza, i think i need to find an SW20 i can take a look at the engine bay of. Then i can work out what vacuum hose lines connect to what and work out which ones i can use and which ones are useless to me and need to be blocked off. Then i can wedge it in my engine bay and start on wiring. Joy.
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: MR2 Gen2 3S-GE into fwd Fri, 23 July 2004 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get one of these instead Very Happy

http://www.adelaidejap.com.au/front%20cuts.htm

The red top beams 4,500 for the front cut. (out of a gen 6 sillycar)

or a gen 3 for 2,200

http://www.japparts.com.au/products/stock-arriving .html

Unless you already have the engine in which case I'm useless Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MR2 Gen2 3S-GE into fwd Fri, 23 July 2004 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god you guys are a great help aren't ya's

yes I am a friend of farmsci_st162"s, and no I don't think he is refering to you man, he would be reffering to halfplugged, our other friend with the red celica, that is no more, it has been written off, besides he didn't know much cause a mechanic did that for him and he also used the gen1 manifolds. I'll be around this weekend man to have a look and see if I can work anything out for you Cool

and he already has the engine in his garage, rather sexy I must admit.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MR2 Gen2 3S-GE into fwd Fri, 23 July 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry wiso, i'll be good Smile Smile

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: MR2 Gen2 3S-GE into fwd Sun, 25 July 2004 01:22 Go to previous message
A bit off topic, but a BEAMs for $4500 is pretty good value, oh so tempted to put it in my SW20, I've got a tax return to spend on my car....hmm....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cats
Next Topic:3.5 Link rear end. - Any pointers?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:18:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043749809265137 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.