Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Fri, 23 July 2004 09:34 Go to next message
TOday, on my way home from work..going along ipswich motorway at 100km/hr Shocked
Noticed traffic in front of me stopping rapidly...so i braked hard, then wen i noticed it had stopped..i slammed on brakes...stopped short of the car in front of me then WHACK! An Xf falcon hit me up the ass, forced me into the two cars in front of me. 4 car accident, and the ma70 is what copped the brunt of it.

XF (we all know how huge they are) hit me so hard its engine and gearbox had been pushed back..tranny was hitting the ground.
My ma70 Crying or Very Sad ...well...the front was forced into the pulsar in front of me...so that bent my bumper bar
The rear *sigh* thank fuck these things are built like tanks...it twisted the whole rear of the car down one side. Did not shorten it at all...kinked my 1/4 panel it hit me so hard!

HOW TOUGH ARE SUPRAS! Shocked
Im guessing had i have been in a corolla or something i might not be here typing this.

An indication of how hard i was hit: a 5L bottle of coolant was sitting in my boot...it knocked over the locked down rear seat. flew over the top of the passenger seat and landed under my dash Shocked

Peace Out.

Blake

PICS:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/blake/ rear.jpg http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/blake/ rear2.jpg
]http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/blake/ front.jpg http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/blake/ front%20rhs.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/blake/ rear%20lhs.jpg

Lol you can even see the oval ford badge imprint just above the exhaust in "rear 2"

[Updated on: Wed, 28 July 2004 12:40]

Send a private message to this user    
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Fri, 23 July 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any idea how much it will cost to fix??? Nice work with the coolant bottle. Reminds me when i hit a skyline in my ra23. The rear speakers actually came out of the back deck and hit the front windscreen and cracked it. If you need any rad repairs let me know and ill get it done for ya.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Fri, 23 July 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah rad looks fine
not much damage up front..apparently supras have this massive assed bit of rio steel in the bumpers?

All i know is, my supra is fucked...my elbow feels like its dislocated, my bottom of my spine is fucked..and im tired

I need a beer Crying or Very Sad

Edit: cost to fix? Were talking about $5000 all up. Thank fuck she had insurance! Surprised

[Updated on: Fri, 23 July 2004 09:45]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Fri, 23 July 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
God damn... Surprised

Why was the traffic stopped? Was anyone hurt? Was she appologetic? Did you get her number? Rolling Eyes
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Fri, 23 July 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apparently there was a tow truck up ahead pulling onto the motorway slowly

NO one was severly hurt, but im fucken sore.

Got all 3 other peoples full details.

Bitch was too worried about sorting out her insurance for her $500 worth XF and the damage she did to us!
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Fri, 23 July 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How were the other cars infront? Written off?

This reminds me back to wednesday. I was going down the gateway in the area of the brackenridge turnoff (inbound to city on my way to ACU), and coming to that "corner bridge" (those that know the road will know what I mean), and I'm in a line overtaking, so I'm in the right lane, there's me, two motorbikes infront and infront of those a magna, we were probably doing at least 110 while overtaking. Now while we were coming around the corner, the traffic had stopped, the magna slows pretty quick, so do the bikes, and I'm still on about the apex of the corner, so when I rapidly slow, the car dives to the left, and then instinct just kicked in, I actually came off the brake with a possible magna - two bikes - me sandwich coming up, as soon as I feel the car weight shift back, I apply the brakes again to just before traction loss, then I ease off, then apply again to almost traction loss, rinse and repeat, (thank goodness I practice poor mans ABS when I can). In the mean time I see I would safely stop intime though, (due to me not tailgating), but the guys on the bikes were thinking straight too and for their (mostly), safety, they shooted off into the left lane as they had it clear and accellerated hard (there was a little open road for them in the left), to avoid the other car that was next to me coming up behind them.

And the reason for the traffic stopping was apparent further up where there was a crash.

But man, after thinking of what I did, would anyone else have let off the brake like I did? I'm sure I stopped quicker than what a camry should. Very Happy Plus I'm damn glad the guy behind me wasn't tailing me either or he would have slammed me.

But man, sucks that your situation wasn't the same as mine. Your poor supra won't be the same again. Especially after insurance companies use their dodgy fixers. Oh yea, go get a checkup too.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Fri, 23 July 2004 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
newish pulsar in front of me was pretty fucked up.

I think it should come back ok..the people who are fixing it, my dad has been dealing with for years, so they'll do a good job on it.we took it to their workshop

might go for a checkup tonight or tommorowe morning
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Fri, 23 July 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Fri, 23 July 2004 20:17

might go for a checkup tonight or tommorowe morning

ASAP man. You never know, and you sure don't want problems later in life like I have. But unlike me you might be able to ching ching ching. Wink

olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Fri, 23 July 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bloody falconwhore Mad Mad Mad Mad drivers shoot the lot of em i say ehhehehe Laughing
lucky ur alright
cars can be fixed people aint so easy Confused
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Fri, 23 July 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supras are difficult to fix Sad

I had some xrays done, all ok thank christ. But i have gotta go back tommorow if pain persists...

I want my supra Crying or Very Sad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Fri, 23 July 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that fucking sucks man Sad.. and i wanted u to take me to the next toyota car club meeting in it Sad
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Fri, 23 July 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man it takes 3 fucking weeks for the fucking thing to even be approved! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Then id have at least another 2 to fix the bastard

It needs a new exhaust...and could be driveable until it is approved...they were just gonna do some chassis measurements first...make sure its not too fucked up

[Updated on: Fri, 23 July 2004 12:40]

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Fri, 23 July 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
highly likely cost to fix = more then replacement cost = write off
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Fri, 23 July 2004 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true toyota panels are expensive as fuck...

ill find out on monday i guess Sad
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Fri, 23 July 2004 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, very unlucky Sad Hope it isnt a write off and gets back on the road quickly, maybe try get compo for the pain and all(just a thought)
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Sat, 24 July 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know if i want it anymore if its chassis damage..
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Sat, 24 July 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Fri, 23 July 2004 22:32

Supras are difficult to fix Sad

I had some xrays done, all ok thank christ. But i have gotta go back tommorow if pain persists...

I want my supra Crying or Very Sad

You got your car xrayed? That's a new one. Razz
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Sat, 24 July 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bad luck about the car mate but at least she had insurance and you are relatively ok.

I had a crash in my gz20 soarer which is quite similar to the supra you have and after my accident I was bloody glad toyota built them tough too! I was standing there looking at a swift that had its bonnet squished back about 50cm and I had a small dent on my rear guard Smile Was quite happy about that Smile

Maybe this is some inspiration to get the ma61 on the road quick Smile
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Sat, 24 July 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A kinked rear 1/4 pannel is a slut to fix......because...you can't really.

It will never be the same.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Sat, 24 July 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch, that sucks

glad you're okay, hopefully your super supra will be too...

goddamn xf bastards....
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Sat, 24 July 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i was told toyota body parts are expensive as fuck..so i get the car back on monday if its safe to drive (needs a new exhaust system), until the claim is either given the go ahead for fixing, or write off.

Ill get some pics tuesday probly...

Heres the most fucked up thing:

I fucken spent $2300 and a LOT of time fixing the motor
I put all new parts in, a new radiator and thermo fans
Just the nite before i put in a new o2 sensor and AFM

all gone to fucken waste Sad
Stupid HOE!

Blake
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Sat, 24 July 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ipswich motorway has a tendancy to bank up traffic REAL quick ..

lucky your ok blake!

i witnessed 2 accidents and past countless others in my 18 month stint up there - tht roads terrible !

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Sat, 24 July 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you aint wrong..its always got an accident there! Just a shame it had to happen to me Crying or Very Sad

She mustve hit me in excess of 70km/hr i recon. My kneck and back and shoulders are soooo sore today Sad

[Updated on: Sat, 24 July 2004 10:04]

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Sun, 25 July 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck ford, BUILT TOYOTA TOUGH

i ran up the ass of an excel 4 years back, bent bonnet {pushed back 3 inches} and broken HL's and broken grille clips.

her, bumper, reo, beaver panel, both lights and a boot

all because a ford marquee doing 50 k under the limit pulled in front of her
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Sun, 25 July 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ford make good v8s Wink and diffs...thats about it tho!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Sun, 25 July 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Sun, 25 July 2004 18:21

ford make good v8s Wink and diffs...thats about it tho!

the diffs are just big thats all, nothing special there.

toyota 8" > ford 9"
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Sun, 25 July 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wholey crap dude!! that really sucks the big one,

hope ur car comes out ok. and i hope ur back is all good, i guess its just some more insentive to get the MA61 on the road.

i recently moved to strathpine so i hope it isnt open season on all MKIII supras.. if i got rear ended id be devistated because i cant afford to go with out a car for work reasons.

hope ur white beast is on the streets soon dude

gumby
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Sun, 25 July 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks man

When did you move up from (melbourne)?

Pm me your number, we will have to catch up for a beer!

Im driving a luxury barge atm, my brothers 89 model mazda 929...pimpin in style Razz
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Mon, 26 July 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a reason that the Mk3 Supra's weigh 1600kg. They're built like proverbial brick shit houses. Much reinforced steel and bracing throughout = one very strong car!

Hope it can be fixed dude...but I doubt it.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra. Mon, 26 July 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im doubtful also, but wait and see i guess! Confused
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Im thankful i own a supra Mon, 26 July 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude bad luck

if its written off
do you get to keep the bits? if so
get a new supra shell and swapsies the good bits!

then use the insurance $$ to respray the car!

yay!!

also. 2 words. compo claim. Evil or Very Mad
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra Mon, 26 July 2004 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Mon, 26 July 2004 17:41

dude bad luck

if its written off
do you get to keep the bits? if so
get a new supra shell and swapsies the good bits!

then use the insurance $$ to respray the car!

yay!!

also. 2 words. compo claim. Evil or Very Mad

Dunno what i can keep yet. Will find out in due course...get my quote tommorow hopefully - just waiting on prices for parts.
I'm not interested in building a hybrid car. dont have the time or bother.
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra Mon, 26 July 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Having spent all that money it might be wise to swap the good parts for crap if they take the car.At least then you can still get some more back for it.
Bad luck and hope it all works out well.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra Mon, 26 July 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i pick it up tommorow...all fucked up..whilst i wait for the verdict Crying or Very Sad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Im thankful i own a supra Mon, 26 July 2004 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do i hear a compo claim???

My mate scored an Audi out of a compo claim, dont know why he didnt just buy a decnt car.

And i am sure glad i drive a soarer cos i have seen the way those bastards are built, id feel safe taking on a mack truck...like in that movie duel...they would have won earlier if they had a toyota.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra Tue, 27 July 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im sure after seeing the damage to the xf falcon, id be dead/ close to it if i was in a small car like a corolla/ pulsar/ lancer.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Im thankful i own a supra Tue, 27 July 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice one
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra Tue, 27 July 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thing is, whats the point me pulling the bits out of it if i dont have another car to put them into??

Blake
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra Tue, 27 July 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i looked at it in daylight today..there is no chassis damage!! Shocked
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Im thankful i own a supra Tue, 27 July 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet.. thats good news
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra Tue, 27 July 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah an auto elec is gonna fix a problem with the selector switch on the box..obviously the crash has jolted something. Thewn i can bring it home tommorow and await approval Smile
Anthony Kellam
Regular

July 2002
Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Wed, 28 July 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Mate, Corollas arent that bad either you know. I hit an EB taxi in the rear and pushed it in to a VS police car (yeah yeah... I know), EB was written off, folded over the diff - fucked.

AE86 had no damage beyond the strut towers. Folded bonnet and crunched guards and all 3 crumple point forward of the towers worked perfectly.

Most importantly, I walked away.

Anyway, glad to hear it didn't work out too badly for you either.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Wed, 28 July 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is home safe ans sound...my quote was not cheap! Shocked
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Wed, 28 July 2004 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great news!

from the pics it doesn't seem to look too bad Smile

jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra Wed, 28 July 2004 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what speed did you get hit at?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Thu, 29 July 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
70km + id say. and i was at a stand still! Shocked
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Fri, 30 July 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
barely even looks like its been hit! hows that for toughness
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Fri, 30 July 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing the rear bumper (where the steel goes) is like all rippled..
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Mon, 02 August 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, supra's are tough as. I backed into my fence Embarassed (admittedly it is a very thin drive and it was a BLACK night). Knocked the fence down and it was a 4x4inche solid pine pole. My supra had a little scratch on it and that was it. Smile Lucky. Smile
su_pr_aero
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Fri, 06 August 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude! U poor bastard. I can say the same for supras being tough as f**k. Bout 6 months ago i took mine for a bit of a fast winding road/drift session and came round ass out on a tight left-hander, uphill, onto brand-new bitumen, probably laid the day before. It was like driving on glass! Needless to say it went into snap oversteer and proceeded to scare the bejeezes outta me as it swung like a pendulem 6(!) times up the road as i tried desperately to countersteer, ending up finally bringing the rear all the way round and slamming the left front corner into the clifface. How much damage? Front bumper shifted 6cm to the left, burst pipe on radiator and thats about it.
What a tank!!!! Laughing
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Fri, 06 August 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got all the parts for mine to be fixed bar some moulds and a new exhaust now so im cheering Very Happy
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Fri, 20 August 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yay! they are gonna fix her!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Fri, 20 August 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome to hear

i was sitting coming out of a carpark the other day, and was insulted by a massive jolt in my car- a 4wd with a super bullbar had shunted me up the arse...
i gave him a look of anger and astonishment, before pulling over to inspect any damage.... luckily, there was only marks in the dust on my back bumper... no damamge

built supra

built tough Evil or Very Mad
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Fri, 20 August 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wish i was so lucky! ah well my ma70 wil come out looking even nicer hopefully Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Sat, 21 August 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so its not costing u anything?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Sun, 22 August 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Mon, 23 August 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope you've made sure that your insurance company knows that you stopped in time & the car behind pushed into the car in front.
And make sure that the insurance company from the car in front knows too.
They always assume its the fault of the next car back if you get hit in the rear.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Mon, 23 August 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all been dealt with Smile
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Im thankful i own a supra - PICS added!! Fri, 27 August 2004 03:52 Go to previous message
yay! one thing fixed! exhaust is now done Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:dumbsh*t pedestrains (bad language warning)
Next Topic:funny shit
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 00:33:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008544921875 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.