Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » how do u like your pie?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
icon10.gif  how do u like your pie? Fri, 23 July 2004 06:21 Go to next message
i am a pastry-cook/baker and was looking 4 the best pie u have evea had manly the filing. i like big chunks of stake in mine but people r different so ask u the pie kings
who have been on lots of cruise where the best pies r & what u like about them.
http://www.toymods.org.au/gallery/albums/Gallery/E vents/20040704%20-%20Dyno%20Day%
  Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how do u like your pie? Fri, 23 July 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was actually seriously considering opening a gourmet pie shop. Are you thinking of doing the same thing?

Pies friggin' rock dude.

Best I had was from Brooky (sp) Pies in Brookvale. Used to eat their pies all the time. They made this mad one that was a chicken pie, but instead of having pastry on top, it was cheese (more like a tart, but it was still a pie) and had a beautiful filling of chicken and broccoli in a delicious sauce.

The green and yellow place down at Colloroy does crazy shit with pies too. The satay chicken one (I think it was from here) is off da hizzzzzoook yo. Razz

Other pies worth a mention are the little shop at the bottom of Kangaroo Valley and Magic Munch which is sort of over the back of Dee Why.

Chicken pies are your FRIEND!

Oh yeah, another good one was a beef, cheese and bacon pie from a little bakery opposite the park in Moss-Vale.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: how do u like your pie? Fri, 23 July 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make pies like pizza pockets!

Pizza pie...Hawaiian pie...etc
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: how do u like your pie? Fri, 23 July 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
butcher at the oaks pies rule
satay chicken is my favourite Surprised
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: how do u like your pie? Fri, 23 July 2004 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The David Jones pies where i work are pretty damn good, but also Cafe de Wheels at Woollomooloo Bay Wharf mmmmm Cool
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: how do u like your pie? Fri, 23 July 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like my pies with chicken, peas, corn and whatever else you can fit in there. nothing beats chicken pies
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: how do u like your pie? Fri, 23 July 2004 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vili's meat pie da BEST!!!!
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: how do u like your pie? Fri, 23 July 2004 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was going to say i like fur pie, but that is sooooo wude.

There used to be a great pie place near Lithgow, years ago, that made the best meat pies ever. Dont know if it is still there tho.

The old railway pies, from the 70's used to have big chunks of meat in them. The base was nice and high, so you got a good amount of meat and gravy inside them.

Back to the fillings, maybe a savory mince sauce type one, with mince, peas, bit of spud and salt and pepper to taste.

Cheese and ham is another filling that goes down well.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: how do u like your pie? Sat, 24 July 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a place in Lismore were u Waite over 20 min in line and pay $6.50 4 a chicken pie. i herd that the pies r that good that people pay this much. there pies r all chicken brest strips with
chicken gravy. this is what I'm ask en do u like the filling thick gravy or like a sauce. my mate runs a shop Schwartz's a patisserie in Wentworth falls were the filling is like bolognese sauce i love his pies but when we went on this:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=37481&start=0&rid=5002&S=a10fe9282bc c35e2484cbc0fe4363ff4
i don't think people liked the pies
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: how do u like your pie? Sat, 24 July 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and yes i have always thought about opening a shop but want evey thing my way but u cant have that u have 2 have what the costumer wants
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how do u like your pie? Sat, 24 July 2004 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man wrote on Sat, 24 July 2004 14:33

and yes i have always thought about opening a shop but want evey thing my way but u cant have that u have 2 have what the costumer wants

They want you to put on a hotdog suit?
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: how do u like your pie? Sat, 24 July 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As long as the padstry's blind baked first so it doesn't go soggy.
Then the gravy has to be real, not gravox. So prep your beef (could be rude) and use as a gravy base. Finally use good beef FFS a good combo of chuks that flake aart and gravy that doesn't run out everywhere.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how do u like your pie? Mon, 26 July 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For chicken, a really nice thick gravy-like stuff....

But yeah, regarding the beef... NO ENTRAILS! I'm sick of finding little bits of intestinal tubing and crap like that. And beef chunks that are tough and chewy, rather than tender and succulent.
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how do u like your pie? Mon, 26 July 2004 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
craig...
I not sure anyone one actually bought pies that day, i'm pretty sure that we were all very full from the great BBQ and lollie shop.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how do u like your pie? Mon, 26 July 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lobethal Bakery in the Adelaide Hills, SA has the best chunky steak pies I've ever had (ie melt-in-the-mouth pastry, nice gravy and tender steak - not mixed cubes of various animal meats). All their other pies are great too...

Made by a German family who only recently decided to start trading on a Sat, and NEVER open on Sundays (against their religious beliefs).

Mmmmmmm .....pies.... Smile
jaikat
Regular

June 2004
Re: how do u like your pie? Tue, 27 July 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best pie I've had recently is at the Chittaway Bake House on the central coast. I'm really fussy, don't like the idea of eating camel. Their pies have chunks of beef and not a sloppy or too thick gravy. You'd have to try one. Plus they had a good range.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: how do u like your pie? Wed, 28 July 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
had a nice pie 2 day from a place in campbelltown called "Stockade pies(made before your eye's)". A very cool little shop on Queen St where they make the pies on a bench behind the counter. It was a nice division of pastry and real beef and gravy, I also had bacon and cheese in mine. First time I've had a pie that has nice flakey pastry on the top and the bottom. They only sell the pies but they seem to do it well.
jetspeed
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: how do u like your pie? Mon, 09 August 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love going to our 24 hour servo and getting stuck into a pizza pie after i night on the town Surprised <-------face looking like that all the way
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: how do u like your pie? Tue, 10 August 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best pie places

1. The Bird in hand Inn (in pitt town). most ppl never have or never will go there as its about 15 thousand hours to get there (and thats from kellyville!!), but they make an awsome pie where they cook a beef stew with carrots potatoes mushies etc and then jam it in some pastry pour gravy all over it and serve it with chips. the best pie ever. but costs $12

2. cafe de wheels. nuff said

3.Kellyville BP Shocked .after getting shithouse pies here for years and years i have finally discovered that the reason is that they only cook their pies once a day. at 2am. so if your watch says 5am or later dont bother, if on the otherhand you are coming home from the mean fiddler after a night on piss nothing tastes better.

i go to unsw and i've got about as much chance of getting a decent pie there as i do of acually understanding the multidimensional calculus course i have to take this semester
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: how do u like your pie? Tue, 10 August 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chicken pies suck balls
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: how do u like your pie? Thu, 12 August 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pattches pies in mascot seems pretty good.

the good old 'windang pies' in woolongong isnt bad either
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: how do u like your pie? Thu, 12 August 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like smith's family pies! my mum used to work there and they even crack fresh eggs into the pastry b4 cooking!
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: how do u like your pie? Thu, 12 August 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what are smiths family pies? ive never heard of them

chris
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how do u like your pie? Thu, 12 August 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pie in the Sky are teh best PIes in de world........Then shakspheres pies....... Very Happy
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: how do u like your pie? Thu, 12 August 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith's family pies are tasmanian gourmet pies. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm http://www.riverbankcottages.com.au/guide/food/o_s .htm

People come from all over the world to try them

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2004 13:42]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: how do u like your pie? Fri, 13 August 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRS MACS pies all the way, the big country is the foschizziledizzle! Very Happy
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how do u like your pie? Thu, 19 August 2004 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heatherbrae Pie shop Rocks to.
Great pies, all the flavors you could think of, (my favourite has to be there lamb pie Rolling Eyes )
then a nice selection of cakes,tarts,donuts..
Mind you there Coffee leaves alot to be desired.
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: how do u like your pie? Tue, 05 October 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a awesome pie shop in crows nest across from the "Oaks" pub... i had a satay beef pie, big chunks of steak. Best i have ever had. Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: how do u like your pie? Tue, 05 October 2004 03:14 Go to previous message
Best pies Ive had are in small countyr bakeries. The best would have to Be in DORRIGO inland from coffs harbour, They have a wood fired bakery that makes some of the best pies ever, pizza pies with cheese bacon etc in them, they have almost any variety or combination you can think of
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:p2p program
Next Topic:Google
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 16:49:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013206958770752 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.