Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Old Pac cruise night run 16th?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Tue, 13 July 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wagonist, I reckon thats a good idea. We'll all meet up somewhere at a time everyone is happy with, Thornleigh maccas seems a usual spot? What's everyone think? Then we can all go for a cruise together. Can head out West or up the Old Pac, doesn't bother me really.

I've obviously made a mistake by advertising this. Last year a similar thing was organised and turned out to be a massive success IMHO, but I suppose times change and cops are cracking down more and more.

In future i'll do it more discreetly Smile

So what does everyone think about meeting up at Thornleigh?
  Send a private message to this user    
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Tue, 13 July 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah That sounds cool. I'm keen for a slower cruise up the old pac, with a bit of hamering around corners but only the speed limits on straights. Not after top speed like those commies.

That comment wasn't directed at me was it Steve?? You know the one

Pm Me a time I'll be keen for anything
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Tue, 13 July 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, it wasn't Stitt.

I'm just a bit sick of people who make mods, particularly obvious visual ones, which are either illegal, or not engineered, & then whinge & complain when their cars get defected.

I would also suggest staying away from Thornleigh Maccas, just ask YellowRolla.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 July 2004 23:31]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Tue, 13 July 2004 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've PM'd everyone who has shown some interest in this post.

Hope to see you all there!

Cheers
Joel
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Tue, 13 July 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm ok after seeing Wagonists post maybe my meeting spot wasn't a good one.

Someone else have a good place around this area we can meet? If we are all sensible there shouldn't be a problem.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Wed, 14 July 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It should be cool just don't drift up the street.

Looking forward to putting more names to faces catch you all there
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Wed, 14 July 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It took us 1hr to leave maccas last pac cruise as one cop car would leave but another would enter. Some people worry about defects and if thats the case, maccas is not the place to be!
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Wed, 14 July 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about at the park that is less than 500m down Berowra Waters road.

Its a little Park with a soccer field and a small carpark
Berowra waters rd is about 2km or from the old toll gates on the old PAC

Also you coming Glen???
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Wed, 14 July 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah i have a work function unfortunetly.

normally wouldnt miss it for the world, esp now with new tyres and rims!!

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Wed, 14 July 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luke, mate that is a perfect meeting spot! I'll send an update thats definately the way to go. Please ignore my PM about meeting spot.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Wed, 14 July 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that fagan park?
at this stage i'm most likely coming, as long as i can scab the petty money Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2004 11:03]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Wed, 14 July 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Click here for a map -

http://members.optusnet.com.au/helenfitz/stuff/map 0PCF0KWNTLAZMWYKK.gif

Berowra Waters Road is at a set of taffic lights just before the shops at Berowra.

Cheers
Joel
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Wed, 14 July 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alright, im lost
if i can arrange someone with any sense of direction to drive out with me i'll be there.
or is anyone else driving out from castle hill?

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2004 11:20]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Wed, 14 July 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate hopefully someone can head out with you.. But if it helps here is some instructions..

Get to Hornsby and then follow the pacific hwy past Mt Colah, etc. Just stay on the pacific hwy. You go for quite a while in a 80km zone, then just as you enter Berowra it changes to 60km.

There is a Shell and a Mobile on your left around this area. Go about another 1 km and there is Berowra Waters Road on your left at a set of traffic lights. These traffic lights are the first ones you will come to after the Shell & Mobile.

If you miss Berowra waters road, you'll go through the lights, there will be some shops (chinese takeaway etc) on your left, and the train station on your right.

Cheers
Joel
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Wed, 14 July 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All I have to say is....
on the "Pie in the Sky" corner, GO EASY!

I lost my baby on that corner, I dont want anyone else to have the same happen! (specially since it's a 100km/hr+ corner!)
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Thu, 15 July 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jetsmart, I'll e coming through castle Hill to get there if you wanna cruise together call me

Luke TheStitt
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Thu, 15 July 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any other Hachi Roku's coming????

Oh yeah, apparently it's going to piss down from tommorrow until next Thursday. So if that happens I'm gonna have to can it coz I know I'll wreck my car by trying to drift around every corner!

My mate said he might bring his LowLux too.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 July 2004 01:03]

jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Thu, 15 July 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks luke will do
i'll try talk somsone i know with an 86 to come along too
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Thu, 15 July 2004 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the weather looks great and the forcast is for a clear night Smile so no excuses not to come!

If anyone wants my mobile number send me a PM.

Otherwise, looking forward to seeing you all there!

Cheers
Joel
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Fri, 16 July 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you rekene anyone would mind if i bought my dad along?
his played a big part in setting up the car with me, only fair that he tags along with for the test run?
but if nobody wants an oldie there, no worries.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Fri, 16 July 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, bring him along!!! But will it piss him off if ppl do some stupid shit every now and then?
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Fri, 16 July 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not at alllll....i've heard major hoon stories from him and mum about his driving in his younger days
dad, and mum actually are both ex-racers, he wont mind seeing some hoon action at all, he knows those turbos arent for fuel efficency!
might even enjoy it and wind up chucking a 1ggte into his landcruiser.

Joel, if he does come along, he'll be able to have a drive of my car some time and you can pay me for the diff housing? :):)Smile
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Fri, 16 July 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah of course bring him along! I know my old man wouldn't be up for a 10pm cruise but if yours is, great.

I'm sure know one is going to have a problem with it.

And yes, i'll pay ya for the diff Wink - but don't bring it along with you or nothing, i'll organise pickup later on.

Cheers
Joel
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Fri, 16 July 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should be a nice clear night

I will be there I'm keen as, Will have the wagonist as a passenger, got new rubber on the front yesterday and with the re bushing and the new shocks it hammers.

Last night took the old girl for a blat thru the cruise that the wagonist suggested and it does like the twisty bits.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Fri, 16 July 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There needs to be some sort of coding for every route/destination.

eg. Old Pac = OP or OPC, there are existing connotations such as 'The old Road' and 'The Usual'

AND
Meeting spots...
Thornleigh RTA/maccas (although the latter is becoming somewhat a stupid place to meet nowadays) = the Thorn or just 'T' or 'T1', 'T2' for example.

I know the honda boys smartly and discreetly do it.

PM is the only way.

Just create a thread with title 'Usual run, T1 meet'

and PM the thread starter for all interested parties, using the main thread for just general chit chat.

and speaking of shit that has happnd at the Old road, i just found out my mate with a DC5 rolled his car doing a run the other night - he admitted it was a speed that was out of his usual capability but walked away with minor scratches. He said the first thing he saw after the crash was the moon Rolling Eyes

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Fri, 16 July 2004 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audioslaver - yeah that is all quite true.

I was thinking even a website with a password, so just say whos up for a cruise PM me and then give out the password.

Website would have meeting places, times, route etc.

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Fri, 16 July 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah that is also a good idea, but keeping in mind even 'they' might seep through.

Coding works well, as it is quick and convenient, as long as everyone gets the jist !
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Fri, 16 July 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it'll be harder than that to make a fool proof system, how do you know im not a coppa?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Fri, 16 July 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The title suggests u will all b driving around listening to old 2pac cds.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Fri, 16 July 2004 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hope you all had fun guys - Sorry I had to sit this one out but I've been sick and probably would've fallen asleep! lol
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Sat, 17 July 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jessetamsett wrote on Fri, 16 July 2004 17:25

it'll be harder than that to make a fool proof system, how do you know im not a coppa?

True. Hell the PM idea isnt fullproof. You could be PM'ing coppers. The only real way to make it full proof. Is to have a few of these 'events' and see who is turning up (in accordance to their toymods name) and then in future only pm them after they reply in topics and new/unknown people shouldnt be informed..

But its never full proof. *hint* be on the lookout for the guy named Brian, he drives a green eclipse... and lays down pink slips
Laughing
Fieryisles
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Sat, 17 July 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good cruise guys Smile its a nice drive along the op. I think the cold weather might have scared a few ppl off though Razz
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Sat, 17 July 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i had a ball
thanks for organising it joel
and cheers for the ride Very Happy

definately count me in for the next one
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Sat, 17 July 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I couldn't make it dudes.... Was still at Homebush at 9:45 Rolling Eyes

Hope it was fun. Thank god weather forecasts are wrong 90% of the time!
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Sat, 17 July 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was a great night Cool i had a ball in my gazelle Evil or Very Mad (even tho it isnt a Toyota Rolling Eyes )
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Sat, 17 July 2004 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all, glad to hear everyone enjoyed it! I sure did Smile

Lately been spending too much time working on the Celica and not driving it enough, so was unreal to get out and have a good fang.

Thanks for all those who turned up, from the feedback sounds like we should organise another one soon. Maybe Wagonists suggestion next time?

Cheers
Joel
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Sun, 18 July 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry guys car was getting a new clutch and I didn't manage to pick it up till Saturday morning. Sounds like you guys had funt, thanks to TurboRA28 for putting the hard yards in to get it organised.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Sun, 18 July 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Joel for the getting that cruise off the ground.

I had a blast good o see what my old girl can do around bends now with all the $$$$$ i spent on suspension.

As usual I was in the minority, only 6 cylinder, only 4 door, only wagon. But hey i'm used to owning the crown.

Was great fun trying to follow the Ra28 and Gazelle into bends. Trying being the opprative word. I need brakes now!!!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Sun, 18 July 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was gunna cruise up late
but i got stopped by the cops right ouside thornleigh maccas
and then they followed me up to the lights and then onto the highway....

so i though fuck that and went home

soz fellas hope you has fun
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Sun, 18 July 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best wagon ive ever seen Surprised
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Sun, 18 July 2004 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i must say it was heaps of fun even being passenger in the gazelle. ill definateley bring my rolla down on the next cruise and try and keep up thru the twisties. i just gotta stick the new engine in and its all good Very Happy .
i definateley agree on the stitts wagon ghost buster style Cool very cool
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Sat, 24 July 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the comments on the car guys, ill finish it soon.

If you think it looks good sitting still ask Fieryisles what it looks like drifting, put one in for the terrigal locals on our lap as we left. Man is it good fun

see you all around
Fieryisles
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Sat, 24 July 2004 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, nice car, pity i wasnt watching the drift from behind, would have looked alot cooler Very Happy
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Sat, 24 July 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woo-hoo! Stitt the Ghostbusting 7m Crown wagon drifter!

I'd actually like to be riding in the dicky-seat when that happened... help put some more weight over the rear wheels, but what a ride! Surprised Evil or Very Mad
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Sun, 25 July 2004 07:30 Go to previous message
Andrew you will have to wait til I'm turbo, It doesn't spin the wheels with 3 ppl in it so I dobt it will with someone in the dickie seat
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SYDNEY ROLLA CLUB CRUISE TO NEWCASTLE THIS SUNDAY 25TH JULY
Next Topic:is tonights meeting still on?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:01:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011591911315918 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.