Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 18 July 2004 02:32 Go to next message
I've got a Group A (JDM RC spec) front cut from which I've taken all the bits necessary to convert to Group A (W-A intercooler, radiator, hoses, bonnet, guards, bumper and supports etc...).

The importer started it up for me before I pulled it apart. Ran perfectly, no smoke, no noises. Oil was clean, good coolant in all the right places. Cut has 143k on it.

I'm keen to keep suspension parts, driveshafts, uprights, crossmembers, etc for spares for the rally car. I'm also keeping the turbo.

Everything else is left over including engine (obviously less turbo and intercooler), gearbox, standard electricals, dash (although it's pretty crappy) etc.

[Edit...prices added]

Prices as per the following:

Group A engine package including full loom, sensors, AFM, Group A ECU etc missing intercooler and turbo OFFERS?

E151F Group A gearbox including factory oil cooler and lines - SOLD

Front discs and calipers - SOLD

Rear discs and calipers - SOLD

Headlights including actuators (missing trim pieces) - $50 each

Air to air intercooler standard GT4 - $100

ABS and front brake lines (and ecu if they exist?) - $50

Turbo timer - $20

Pedal box and clutch cylinders (for manual conversion) - $100

Dash remnants including climate control panel - SOLD (and a bargain was had there me thinks)

I will have the cut stripped and the parts cleaned in the next few days. I'm in Canberra

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=5625http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=5626

Attachment: Cut small.jpg
(Size: 41.56KB, Downloaded 802 time(s))
Attachment: Cut 2 small.jpg
(Size: 42.68KB, Downloaded 783 time(s))

[Updated on: Thu, 05 August 2004 02:18]

Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 18 July 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i need all of the carbon looking trim pieces off the lights + the centre bit ?

think you can help me out with those bits ?

also has the drivers side air vent still got its little knob bit - i need that too!

Stuart ( fellow Grp a replica maker )

PS - ill PM you about the gearbox
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 18 July 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stu,

Check your PM

Drivers side vent HAD the little knob bit...I'll check if it's still there...kinda popped off when I pulled the dash out...dunno where it landed Very Happy

Cheers,
Matt
juniorjack
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 18 July 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM Sent Smile
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 18 July 2004 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can I ask who you bought that off....it looks really well kept...no didnts etc..

how much was it?

and what r u doing with the old pannels?
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 18 July 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got it from an importer in Sydney...it's pretty straight...there's some container rash on the RF guard and some scratches on the bar, but otherwise she was pretty tidy.

Old panels?? I have some off the rally car but they are pretty ordinary...not really worth much I suspect...and being a JDM GT4 (not a Group A), they are only like normal Aust delivered ST184's...I was going to keep them as spares.

Matt
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 18 July 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh...Classique, knob is intact and in my pocket.

Send me an SSAE and I'll post it to you.

Matt
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 18 July 2004 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget, it has the dash pieces, including Climate Control (and controllers),

The engine package can include all the standard stuff needed to get it going...AFM (including a splinky TRD foam filter!!), relays, loom, ignitor, etc..etc.

The gearbox will include the factory oil cooler and lines.

Has pedal box, clutch for a manual conversion.

Hurry...orders are coming in thick and fast.

Matt

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 18 July 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Been away for the weekend and dude, you've just made my day, and it's my birthday to boot!! pm'd!!
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Mon, 19 July 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what brakes has it got? Aftermarket by chance?
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Mon, 19 July 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Standard front calipers and discs.

I've got rears as well so can do a package if required.

Full set of GT4 brakes (discs and calipers) front and rear...what am I offered?
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Mon, 19 July 2004 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing here sorry mate for the brakes.. .hoping they were aftermarket, there looked to be something red under the wheels in the pics Smile

And you've pinched all the bits I would of wanted off the cut Smile heh

Actually, does the Grp A have a shorter shifter than a ST185 normal model.
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Mon, 19 July 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The red would be a bit of iron oxide Laughing

The shifter is different, haven't worked out if it's shorter yet.

I'll be keeping it though, as it feels tighter than the one that's in it!!

Matt
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Mon, 19 July 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much are you looking at for the Gearbox?
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Mon, 19 July 2004 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$500 for the box with the oil cooler and lines.

You pay for shipping.

Let me know if you are interested as there's somebody else getting back to me.

Thanks,
Matt
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Tue, 20 July 2004 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edit...I've added prices to the big bits...there's still heaps more, but that's what I can think of at the moment.

Thanks to Stu and others for pricing tips!!

Matt
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Tue, 20 July 2004 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm really keen on all of the electrics (ecu, loom, coil, ignitor, afm) and the engine mounts if they'd fit a E153 box.

I'd be willing to pay $500 for these items which would mean someone could pick up the motor for $1000. I also have a spare ct26 which I could throw in.

Edit: Or if you're in Sydney, you could just buy the 3sgte off of me that I bought from Clint (CLG) a month or so ago, and I'll just go get the whole package from Matt.

Matt, is there any chance I could get a photo of the engine mounts so that I can verify that they'll fit the E153 box.

Cheers,
Dave

[Updated on: Tue, 20 July 2004 23:48]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Wed, 21 July 2004 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have Pm re the box mate Smile
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Wed, 21 July 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM sent
juniorjack
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Wed, 21 July 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM's Sent
tortfeaser
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Fri, 23 July 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just want to know how you got rear calipers on a front cut?
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Fri, 23 July 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got them separately.

Gearbox appears sold at this stage.

Matt
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Fri, 23 July 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interested in the instrument cluster surround... the bit that has the drivers vent on the right and houses the climate control bits...
I assume this is the bit you want $50 for.

If its undamaged I'll give you the $50 for it

I wouldn't mind coming down to canberra sometime as there is heaps of little clips etc. that I wouldn't mind grabbing off you.
turbocaldina
Regular

July 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 25 July 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you still have the front discs and how much
bubs
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 25 July 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that $50 for all the left over dash pieces?

if so might be interested
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 25 July 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs...undamaged, so it's yours...as to the clips, knock yourself out...see you soon!!

Turbocal...discs are there. I was doing a package of discs and calipers...$200. Discs only, $100

Bubs...see post from Toobs...he has first dibs.

Matt

turbocaldina
Regular

July 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 25 July 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are the discs in good nick still as in no cracks and not to much wear
bubs
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 25 July 2004 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dynomatt wrote on Sun, 25 July 2004 20:14

Toobs...undamaged, so it's yours...as to the clips, knock yourself out...see you soon!!

Turbocal...discs are there. I was doing a package of discs and calipers...$200. Discs only, $100

Bubs...see post from Toobs...he has first dibs.

Matt

No problem missed his post

I am mainly interested in the centre console and the cup holder / surround although it looks to have a double din stereo from the pics?
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 25 July 2004 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Discs appear in good nick, but haven't looked closely. I'll do that tonight and let you know.

Bubs, it had a double din stereo and somebody else has asked about the cupholder but there wasn't one. The rest of that section was damaged when they took the stereo out. Sorry I can't help you there.

Matt
bubs
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 25 July 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thank you for the reply
turbocaldina
Regular

July 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Thu, 29 July 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would you organise frieght to the gold coast for the discs and how much
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Thu, 29 July 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can take some close up photos of the discs if you like...let me know via email and I can send them to you.

Freight to Gold Coast...I'll let you know. Can't imagine it being much more than $50...although they aren't light!!

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Thu, 29 July 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.austpost.com.au quotes $15.40 to send a 10kg package from canberra to the gold coast.

Matt: I picked up almost everything I needed today off monz23q, so I don't need your electricals or mounts anymore. Thanks a heap anyways dude, especially for taking those pics, champion
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Fri, 30 July 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much do you want for the p/steer pump and rack?

very interested, mine is just about goooooooooone.
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Fri, 30 July 2004 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And that front bar aswell, a much more open space for my new intercooler to breathe!
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sat, 31 July 2004 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PS Pump and rack $200 (what I paid recently!!) plus freight
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 01 August 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Updated things...

Matt
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Mon, 02 August 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Engine package is still available. I've had lots of interest in the loom and ECU separately, so if I can't sell the package by the end of next week, then I'll split it up. Those who have PM'd me know who they are and will be contacted first.

Matt
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Mon, 02 August 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt,
PM'd you.
Thanks,
Mitch.
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Thu, 05 August 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not many things left now...

At this stage the cut has been 80% stripped and is due to get to the dump this weekend.

Matt
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Fri, 06 August 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are those your rims on the halfcut.
I'm trying to find some 15" rims to clear the ST205 brakes on my Caldina.
I officiate at a lot of rallies (aparently I've got enough experience that I'm wanted as Assistant Stage Commander at the upcoming Premier Rally)
I've spoken to Neal Bates as I've got exactly the same brakes as his Corolla rally cars about buying some old rims off him, but no luck so far.

I've got some old 15" rally tyres at home which I used to use on Camry steel rims.
If you don't have any old rims I could buy off you, do you know someone who might?

Cheers
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Sun, 08 August 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah they are my rims...Compomotives.

Neal runs OZ wheels I think.

Not sure what fits under around the 205 brakes...at one stage, you couldn't fit 15's which is why Simon did an event in a 205 with 16" rally tyres...very rare.

Andrew Vibert from CVAP has a set of OZ 15's which he had for sale...you could try and see if they fitted.

Matt
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 Group A Front Cut bits (JDM) Tue, 17 August 2004 03:37 Go to previous message
Updated again.

Mitch...haven't heard from Phil...PM me.

Willing to consider splitting loom and ecu from engine. Proposed prices are:

Loom and ECU and sensors $600
Group A Engine bare $900

Or separately
Group A ECU $350
Loom $150
Coil/ignitor $100
Misc other sensors and relays $100

Matt

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2JZGTE Wiring loom and Ignitor