Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
crappycorona
Newcomer

July 2004
Toyota Corona Mods Sat, 24 July 2004 09:48 Go to next message
Im new to this field and i was just wondering if any of you guys know much about coronas, like if and how to modify them so they are ...well better, or you guys know any sites on the net that have this kind of information. Im mainly after how to increase engine performance.

It is an:
ST141
4 Spd Manual
2SC engine

Cheers guys

[Updated on: Sat, 24 July 2004 10:04]

Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Sat, 24 July 2004 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a whole heap of guys have done corona mods and are doing thm now too... best thing to do is SEARCH... figure out what exactly you want to do and search for it or just search the tech and conversion section

alternatively you can search member rides and find out who exactly has done mods to a corona and politely PM them and hopefully they will reply to you
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Sat, 24 July 2004 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did some say corona ! Razz

well first how much time and money do you have

if you want to keep the 2s engine which is crap as, buy some extractors, get the engine tuned proberly, service it, the usual things.

Many people have brought 1G-GTE halfcuts which are from supras/soarers.

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Sun, 25 July 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah 1g goes into my rt142 avante nicely
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Sun, 25 July 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 1G-GTE would have to be by FAR the best bang for buck conversion you can ever do in a corona.

You would have to replace the crossmember with an RT142 corona item. Otherwise everything is damn easy.

Just buy yourself a GA70 frontcut, which comes complete with engine, gearbox and everything required to make it go BROOM.

Then you will have 2L, 6 cylinders, 24 valves and two turbos!
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Sun, 25 July 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what sort of xmember do st's have. as there is the st avante which i'm fairly sure has the same exmember as the rt because it too has power steering
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Sun, 25 July 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
St has engine mounts for a 2S-C motor vs 22R-E motor. And as far as my feeble knowledge goes the 1G uses the R series mounts rather nicely yes?

The xmembers are probably very similar, just the engine mounts different
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Sun, 25 July 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no idea about the actual mounts(cut and reweld) but I'm concerned about the xmember shape as you need a front sump for a rt. and note the engine bay is a little smaller than a celica one so you need asmuch room as you can get.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Sun, 25 July 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd say they are similar, since the 2s is a front sump also
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Sun, 25 July 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got the feeling he was asking about modifications to his current engine.

Having owned one of these, I can point out quite simply that the are not and were never intended to be a powerful or inspiring engine. With that in mind, I would probably suggest that you decide (sooner rather than later) if you want to make this car a long-term project, or if you want something else.

If you want to retain the car, you will basically have to look at an engine conversion to make it even vaguely interesting an a straight line.

I assume that, having a Corona, you are on a tight budget. Don't stress, everyone else here probably is too. Most of what you hear is talk, the majority of people don't ever actually do anything major to their cars. What you can do on a limited budget is as follows:

Brakes off an RA60 Celica will bolt straight on with no problems at all - this whole upgrade will cost you about a hundred dollars. If you are a bit more serious, you may want to get the calipers reconditioned and also use slotted rotors and get good quality brake pads too. I can organise you a set of slotted for a good price, as I know of some for sale, so if you decide to go this way any time soon, let me know.

Suspension-wise, the first thing to do is take it to a suspension shop (a good one that has a few race cars out the front or inside, not Midas or a big chain store!) and get them to check it out comprehensively for worn parts. The bits to replace, before anything else, will be the bushes, ball joints, tie rod endds, and other perishable parts. Replacing these doesn't give you much to brag about, but it will make the car a lot safer and will make it respond to other mods better (eg the new brakes you fitted, when you fit new shocks, when you lower it, if you go to better wheels/tyres, etc). Chances are that any play in your steering, squelchiness on the highway, etc, is largely due to bushes, etc being perished. The car IS twenty years old after all!

Now, you can either get the parts and fit them yourself, but this is a fairly major undertaking and I would suggest that any beginner or modest amateur should leave this to a professional. It might cost a few hundred bucks for fitment but it'll be done right and you can't stuff anything up if you don't touch it Smile

Next you can get new shocks and springs (this is something you can probably do yourself with the help of a mate) and this will give you the biggest 'upgrade' - note that while this is the biggest upgrade you'll notice, it really hinges on you having done the bushes etc first.

Next time the car is due for tyres, don't be a tightass. Splurge a little more on the tyres - even if you only get a slightly better tyre it will make quite a difference over nasty/generic "Remington" or "Gemstone" type brands. Chances are if a tyre looks like it's from the 70's, it probably sucks. If it looks like a cool tyre, then it is probably better. Looks aren't everything, but tread pattern can be a clue to a well designed tyre. Money isn't everything, but price is also an indication of that tyre's stature in the model range. Don't bother spending $300 a corner, but an extra thirty bucks a tyre will make a huge difference.

Down the track you'll have more money and be able to afford an engine swap.. but by then you'll have bit-by-bit built a car that will accept the power you give it Smile
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Sun, 25 July 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will changing lik the fuel pump spark plugs, giving it port and polish and of them things or more will give the engine a oomphh?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Sun, 25 July 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuel pump, no. Spark plugs, no. Port and polish, yes in conjunction with other mods, but on its own it will do SFA.

When it comes to NA mods, there's generally very little you can do beyond extractors and a good exhaust system. Any worthwhile power gains beyond that will be VERY expensive. That's why an engine upgrade is the sensible approach in a situation like this; why waste money trying to modify an engine to be something it was never meant to be? As 7M-Brisbane correctly pointed out, the 2S-C was never meant to be powerful or inspiring - it's designed to be reliable and fuel efficient. If you want performance, you start with a performance-oriented engine and go from there.

[Updated on: Sun, 25 July 2004 14:25]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Sun, 25 July 2004 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Most of what you hear is talk, the majority of people don't ever actually do anything major to their cars

HEY!! Dont you dare be including me in that majority!

The 2S-C sucks dude, badly. Even a 22R-E would be an upgrade in performance!
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Sun, 25 July 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The best thing to do engine-wise is make sure it's running well and that it doesn't break and cost you money just tokeep it running! The things you should look at doing are basic servicing items, it is at least in the state it was designed to operate it.

New spark plugs are about $3 each (so about $12 a set), new oil should cost you in the order of $30-$40 and an oil filter should be about $10. Also one thing to pay particular attention to on these motors is running good, uncontaminated coolant, and making sure the radiator, etc are all in good nick. A good way to check the general condition of your cooling system is to take the top radiator hose off the engine - if this is corroded then you could be up for a replacement engine, but if not then keep good coolant in it and it will go forever Smile

Performance wise you may wish to fit an exhaust and extractors - probably some 4-2-1's and a 2¼" or 2½" exhaust from there back. Maybe run some colder spark plugs, good fuel (eg. Ultimate, Optimax) and crank the timing a few extra degrees... but you'll barely notice it and the thing will sound just plain ordinary. It'll also cost hundreds of dollars and will amke your car hard to insure Confused
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Sun, 25 July 2004 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

HEY!! Dont you dare be including me in that majority!

Not at all, it was more a general comment than anything. That said, Jeremy tells me you have some lovely neons... Very Happy
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Mon, 26 July 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do some searching through the forums, you'll find a bit about your corona, and you'll also know the best people to talk to about it. they'll probly tell you to turbo it or do an engine conversion though Very Happy Laughing
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Mon, 26 July 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuckin' stupid computer!!!! Mad Mad Mad
everybody has already replied, but did the computer tell me that, nooooo.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Mon, 26 July 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeremy had more of a part in those neons than i did!

Just ask him how against thier install i was. I most more concerned with making my car make music for once.
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Mon, 26 July 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sun, 25 July 2004 23:59

The 2S-C sucks dude, badly. Even a 22R-E would be an upgrade in performance!

My 2S-C tromped a 21R-C at the Melbourne dyno day. 22R is bigger but still old tech.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Mon, 26 July 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have my reasons....

Need to make the 21R-C flow Laughing
crappycorona
Newcomer

July 2004
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Mon, 26 July 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers guys, youve given me a lot to think about. I did mean any kind of mod, not just improving what i already have, so thanks. Smile
crappycorona
Newcomer

July 2004
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Mon, 26 July 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would twin carbs be worth a look with my engine? how much of a difference in performance would i see? if any? fuel economy isnt a huge worry
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Mon, 26 July 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no performance increase. The motor has no need for extra fuel, this is cannot use twin carbs to any benefit.
crappycorona
Newcomer

July 2004
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Mon, 26 July 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sun, 25 July 2004 12:59

The 1G-GTE would have to be by FAR the best bang for buck conversion you can ever do in a corona.

You would have to replace the crossmember with an RT142 corona item. Otherwise everything is damn easy.

Just buy yourself a GA70 frontcut, which comes complete with engine, gearbox and everything required to make it go BROOM.

Then you will have 2L, 6 cylinders, 24 valves and two turbos!

how costly would something like this be? and would it still be RWD? Im thinking it wouldnt...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Mon, 26 July 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused

Um... yes, it would still be RWD. Changing the engine and changing the driven wheels are two very different things!
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Mon, 26 July 2004 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for a 1g conversion i'll say you'll be looking at around 3000+ if you doing everything yourself or a hell of a lot more if you getting a mechanic or someone to do it.
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Mon, 26 July 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from all of the places i've seen on the web and in magazine ads, you can get a 1g half-cut pretty cheap. less than 2 grand. although, wiring on a 5m-e is a cunt so a 1g can't be any better! anybody wanna buy a cressida???? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bank on spending pretty much 2k on a halfcut. and you will have to hunt one down, $1000 on a exhaust thats your 3k spent.

I put my 1g which i already had in my corona, spent 1000 on exhaust 450 on clutch. another 350?! on bits and pieces. still have a few things to do but like sway bar another 3-400 and diff(lsd) oh and the brakes i got for free. but that could be another 50-100 depending what a wrecker wants. it all starts to add up quite quickly.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and forgot the $100 for the oilpan and pickup.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe - i got $50 and a case of beer. What model?

CrappyCorona - Basically if you have $5000 you will have this conversion pretty much covered. I have already sent you a PM regarding this (would help if you filled out your location too buddy).

Wiring is easy if you know what you are doing.

Bugman - get a new avatar ya bum!
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing it's an mx62, pretty much standard. i'm in the process of respraying it black. i just advertised it in cars for sale section. i'm in tasmania, by the way.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sniff.. memories
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

for a 1g conversion i'll say you'll be looking at around 3000+ if you doing everything yourself or a hell of a lot more if you getting a mechanic or someone to do it.

Spot the guy who's never done an engine conversion Confused

You won't even get it done for close to that. Things add up very quickly and I wouldn't expect much change from five grand on a DIY job. This guy doesn't seem to have much mechanical knowledge, so I'd suggest he would have to pay someone, so maybe another two grand on top of that.

A Two grand half cut is $2100 by the time it's delivered. YOu need new oil, coolant, plugs, filters, etc so you're looking at another $150 there. Exhaust system is a grand, fuel system another $500, intercooler piping is a few hundred bucks and I'll assume he would just run the stock cooler. Engine mounts, sump & pickup modifications, custom tailshaft, wiring............
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
use the rt142 fuel setup. once again. its a corona part the wrecker will have shite loads of em
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Absolutely, that's what I used in my 1GGTE conversion, but to be honest I would be a bit sketchy about running a modified turbo engine on one (not flow, age) and would probably recommend using the RT142 tank with a new fuel pump of some description.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would not a 7mgte or similar pump work?

Shite, even my tightarse 4age conversion cost close to $3000 copmlete.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The first thing I would mod if I owned a Corona is the song "My Sharona" by The Knack. I'd drop a "My Corona" conversion into the chorus and do lots of laps around the block with it pumping out of the stereo.

Heaps cheaper than a 1g-gte and the car would be cooler as well, coz it has a song about it.

7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

would not a 7mgte or similar pump work?

Yes, but I don't see any problems with the output of the Corona pump - they are probably the same part number anyway! They definitely look exactly the same.

The main concern is still age, so an MA70 pump is still 15+ years old...
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there any motor that will bolt direclty in place of the 2sc no turbos or stuff that will make it hard 2 insure ?
I have the same motor in a different car and would like more power but not so much that it will blow diffs and things like that. Juyst enough power for a decent burnout and to win a few drags . Very Happy
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Tue, 27 July 2004 14:09

not so much that it will blow diffs

Mookie wrote on Tue, 27 July 2004 14:09

enough power for a decent burnout

Spot the contradiction.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Huh ?
I assume that say if u r doing a 2 wheel burnout in 2nd gear it's like cruizing along normally in 2nd ie the stresses placed on the drivetrain. Naturally this is after the tyres have broken traction
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROTFLMFAO Laughing

No, you assume wrong. A burnout is probably the most stressful thing you can subject your car to! Have you ever been to a burnout competition? Noticed how many of the cars go pop?

[Updated on: Tue, 27 July 2004 04:34]

M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most go pop because the engines get over revved and overheat.
Not due to drivetrain problems.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Tue, 27 July 2004 14:31

Huh ?
I assume that say if u r doing a 2 wheel burnout in 2nd gear it's like cruizing along normally in 2nd ie the stresses placed on the drivetrain. Naturally this is after the tyres have broken traction

Don't bother mate. Just cut sik with the 2S doing single spinners. Everyone loves them.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I broke my diff doing a ronnie rollback coming out of my driveway .
My car will drop a double banger as long as both tyres r the same and on the same surface.
Who doesn't love a burnout anyway ?????
So back to the subject is there a motor that is an almost direct bolt in ????
Cuz i don't have the time,space or the patience 2 do something major.

Oh and is 7500 a good redline 4 this motor or should it rev out more ????

[Updated on: Tue, 27 July 2004 05:35]

7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you for real?? Shocked

Please, make the bad man stop! Laughing
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Tue, 27 July 2004 15:34

I broke my diff doing a ronnie rollback coming out of my driveway .
My car will drop a double banger as long as both tyres r the same and on the same surface.
Who doesn't love a burnout anyway ?????

You are a classic Mookie.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7M
What did i do?
I think u might b mocking me Laughing
There is a massive change i said something stupid and not noticed yet cuz i don't understand the replys.
Oh and do u guys thing "crappycorona" could swap in a celica 5 speed gearbox as a mod??
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Tue, 27 July 2004 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1000 for an exhaust system Confused

i can get a GA70 halfcut (well everything out of a GA70) for less then $1300 since it's my friends, free towing (friend), friend to do wiring, havn't asked anyone about an exhaust system but would think it's cheaper knowing a friend in the business.

RT142 Corona TailShaft (if st141)
RT142's Surge tank,Lines & Pump (if st141)
sump
oil pickup
engine mounts
brake upgrade
FOOLY SICK sticker across the window Razz

what else ya be needing?
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Wed, 28 July 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
intercooler piping I spent 100$ on 2" pipe and made my own and had some high pressure 2" hose for the connections so I'd bank on atleast 100-200 there depending.. someon people go to importers and try score free/cheap factory cooler pipes but I ran my 2" pipe through the factory holes behind the headlights.

radiator.. currently I'm running a modified standard one with the outlets moved and it'll be fine for winter and engineering but come summer I'll have another solution for this. oh dont forget thermos.

custom clutch line, I used a braided line but you could just have a new one bent up. you need to remove the old one as the rear turbo is that far back it almost hits the firewall right where there is a stupid looking fitting for the clutch line(no idea what it does)I had this from when I put it in my celica, cost 100$

you'll need something to control the thermos

I moved my battery to the boot, so needed cable and fittings for the cable(I spent 30$) a batter box(20$)

power steering lines, if you have them. I got away cheaply with a $6 length of hose and one fitting being changed think it was $20. (completely custom work can cost lots for p/steer, so just pull out what you have and thing how you can get away with the most minor mods, mine is not super neat but it's all under the afm and inlet pipe anyway you cant see it.

with the exhaust, if your using a p/s model you have trouble getting round the steering knuckle/joint but it can be done.

accelerator cable. the rt142 is too short I used one from a mx62 I think (25$) and was a headache cos it was slightly different, was easy once I got the shits and cut down the mounting bracket.

fuel lines. they come out in the engine bay on the wrong side. but the rt142 does have a larger supply(good thing) I reshaped my one and came out on the passanger side. but i needed to buy some longer efi hose to reach them.

that'll do for this session.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 July 2004 02:08]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Wed, 28 July 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everyone thinks they can do engine conversions on the cheap, until they actually try that is! Very Happy
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Wed, 28 July 2004 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess the only way to find out is to do it yourself Very Happy
jhalmers
Regular

July 2004
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Thu, 29 July 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey im new my names john and i was wondering if any of you had the song my sharona could you's meet me on msn and send it to me.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Thu, 29 July 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 28 July 2004 10:12

Everyone thinks they can do engine conversions on the cheap, until they actually try that is! Very Happy

Come on Norbie. Both you and I can attest to the fact that a conversion costs only as much as the halfcut and a tank of petrol.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Thu, 29 July 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry GT I forgot. We worked out that formula some time ago as I recall!

No wonder so many people are doing engine conversions these days. Smile
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Thu, 29 July 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could always attack the front of your car with a chainsaw and weld the halfcut on Razz

p.s. not to be taken literally Very Happy
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Thu, 29 July 2004 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=jackel wrote on Thu, 29 July 2004 22:06]you could always attack the front of your car with a chainsaw and weld the halfcut on Razz

why didnt i think of that Very Happy
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Thu, 29 July 2004 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've seen it done Confused not the smartest of things Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Corona Mods Thu, 29 July 2004 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i know my 4age conversion only cost the $140 the motor cost.. Rolling Eyes

Want an idea? Click on the pimpboy link in my signature and READ.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota Corona Mods Fri, 30 July 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I have a RT142 and have recently fixed suspesion and have found a great improvement and eliminated almost all body roll. Also lot safer in wet. For this I bought Heavy Duty Dobinson springs form whiteline $320. Monroe Gt GAs front struts and Kyb rear shock $260 for shocks.
I have since got new tyres and the grip level has increased phenomonly. The car is fast enough as it is, I raced my friends XR6 auto and he could barely keep up.
Fix suspension first and then go about performance mods.

PS 22re are not gutless and theres always something funny about kicking people's arses in a stock looking corona.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:power steering, windows, locking for RA40
Next Topic:sprinter guys
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 12:57:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074079036712646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.