Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
3sgte front cut - things to look for Tue, 27 July 2004 03:21 Go to next message
hey guys, im buying a 185 front cut, i dont know a great deal about what to look for in the way of shit being no good, so those out there that have bought 185 cuts gimme some pointers please. just things to look out for, discribe what shaft play is (yes im a noob) yeah just general things like that, things to be cautious of.
cheers
jesse Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3sgte front cut - things to look for Tue, 27 July 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make sure that it has the front calipers, disks and suspension all still there. As you don't want to have to pay for these again.
Check that the intercooler fins are alright.
Clean engine bay, if there is oil everywhere there probally is an oil leak.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 3sgte front cut - things to look for Tue, 27 July 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get them to do a compression test and preferably get them to run the engine in the cut.

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 3sgte front cut - things to look for Tue, 27 July 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look for service stickers such as timing belt replacement, condition of coolant (hopefully it has red), and completeness. Its surprising how many places try to "pinch" bits off these cuts.
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 3sgte front cut - things to look for Tue, 27 July 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks a bunch guys, witzl - where abouts would i look for service stickers? and red coolant? are you talking about that camielion coolant?
SXY184
Regular

January 2004
Re: 3sgte front cut - things to look for Tue, 27 July 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all, havin worked at a import place and i hav bought a half cut myself , i can say look at the kms, mine had approx 67000kms on it,also,ensure that the engine is comp tested and look at results, anything above a average of bout 180psi is great,before you buy/take deliever of the half, get them to remove the rocker cover and check for sludge, 9 out of ten engine that come from japland are a touch sludgy,due to lack of servicing!! andd also the WITZL is also correct , most importers take bit off the half-cuts to sell and you still get slodged for the whole half, when it aint got a guard or a bonnent on it , etc you get the idea!, also check for shaft play in the turbo, cause if the half-cut aint got a turbo timer ya can bet ya balls that it aint been warmed down after driving, well peoples that my 2 cents any more info , ya know where to find me!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 3sgte front cut - things to look for Tue, 27 July 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most of them start and run the cut for you anyway!
SXY184
Regular

January 2004
Re: 3sgte front cut - things to look for Tue, 27 July 2004 10:30 Go to previous message
hey also , shaft play is the turbo shaft is both in and out and up and down ! sorry forgot to add it in my last post ! and most importers who have half-cuts should run them in the car,, you should also be able to see/hear it run !
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TRD supplies in Australia!!!!!
Next Topic:AE86 parts, insurance claim
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 15:43:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045771598815918 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.