Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » W//O and general Questions on st165?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
W//O and general Questions on st165? Mon, 26 July 2004 14:27 Go to next message
Does anyone know the offset for a ST165 gt4? Very Happy

Cheers

Jeff

[Updated on: Thu, 29 July 2004 10:57]

Send a private message to this user    
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wheel offset on st165? Tue, 27 July 2004 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll let you know when mine finally comes in! It's more than likely the same as an ST162, but I can't say for sure.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Wheel offset on st165? Tue, 27 July 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is, they are the same offset as the ST162, cause afterall they have the same wheels. also their front srut is the same, and thier rear is similar. for those who don't believe me I was told this by a friend who got some aftermarkets 16's for his ST165

39 5*100
Steve_Reynolds
Regular

May 2002
Re: Wheel offset on st165? Tue, 27 July 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excuse my ignorance, but were ST165's available in Australia? I thought it went ST162 then ST185 here?? Any info appreciated.
Cheers
Steve
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Wheel offset on st165? Tue, 27 July 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve,
You are right, the first GT4 sold by Toyota in Australia was the ST185. Quite a few ST165's are now coming in as second hand JDM imports / under the 15 year rule etc.
Cheers,
Mitch.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wheel offset on st165? Tue, 27 July 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
+38 by memory - same as st185
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: Wheel offset on st165? Tue, 27 July 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys, I may have found a set from CVAP(all white with no "oz racing" on them Sad ), Andrew says they are of a st185 and I just want to make sure. OZ WHEELS only have ET53 offset and just wanted to make sure.

Cheers

Jeff
andrewvibert
Forums Junkie

Forum Sponsor

May 2002
Re: Wheel offset on st165? Tue, 27 July 2004 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THe ET53 rang a bell so I had another look at those OZ wheels. They are ET40. The OZ writing has faded.Cheepest freight I can come up with is post at $17.90 each wheel ( 4 packages)
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Wheel offset on st165? Wed, 28 July 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was going to start a new thread with some ST165 questions of my own but seeing as this ones pretty current i might as well just post them here.

1) Does anyone know what size the stock injectors are? I have a feeling they're 440cc but not sure...

2) How does the centre diff-lock work? From what i can gather, when activated it engages something in the centre differntial which causes the wheels to recieve an even distribution of power. Im not sure if its all four wheels or just the front two, or even if this theory is right. It is only based on logic!

Thanks, Tim
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wheel offset on st165? Wed, 28 July 2004 15:02 Go to previous message
There's a bit o' information in regards to diffs lying around on the site, but if you get an early 1986 model ST165 then it was a manual-locking centre diff - which basically means that there is no real 'diff' in the centre, i think of it like a clutch kind of mechanism (only it isn't exactly). The front and rear end are locked so that the total rotational velocity of both front and rear shafts is equal.

That is not to say that the force is distributed equally (please look it up on this site if you don't believe me, I went into this in GREAT length elsewhere).

Now, as for the late 86 to 89 models, they have a viscous centre coupling which varies the torque split according to numerous conditions.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Alarm / Turbo timer Brisbane
Next Topic:Alloy or cast??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 00:52:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048749446868896 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.