Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Fast Car FS/Trade *PICS* SOLD Mon, 19 July 2004 04:04 Go to next message
pics: http://www.pbase.com/kwayzivietnamese/laser

The worst of luck happened to me 2day, the seal in my turbo decided to give way and hence is now leaking oil. Turbo still has pressure and all, its just the seal around the shaft has given way, still drives fine, just that due to the oil leaking out, and high temps of the turbo, smoke appears. (like oil on a hot surface) I dont have the heart to fix it. Thousands and thousands has been poured in2 the car, and it does not disappoint.

QUOTE OF $400 from GARRETT TURBOCHARGERS in Chipping Norton for minor turbo rebuild.

Now its turn for me to go NA probably, so im open to offers or trades.
The specs of the car is as follows:

- Ford Laser 83 Turbo (yes, it came stock from factory with turbo. It was called the White Lightning and only 50 were released in Australia)
- Rebuilt 1.5 turbo engine
- New turbo clutch (brass button worth ova 1k)
- New 5 speed gearbox
- Reco cv's
- Engine has mild head work and cam upgraded turbo (i.e. the works..upgraded valve seats, guides etc to take unleaded/premium)
- Bottom end has also been taken care of, that is cranks, rods etc
- Forged pistons
- Upgraded drive train worth ova 3.5k
- BOV
- Just had a full major service. Filters, oils, radiant, the whole system was flushed and also the replacement of racing platinum spark plugs plus heaps more
- New 2 n half inch mandrel bent dump pipe followed through by 2 1/4 inch zorst system finishing at a 4inch angle tip 5zigen cannon
- k-mac front n rear sways
- Lowered on Monroe shocks
- Just got 1 year rego 2days ago
- New Splitfire boost gauge
- VDO oil gauge
- 2 custom kill switches (1 for electrical, the other for fuel cut)
- Has a custom system setup atm worth hundreds, may consider to remove or leave wiv car, depending on sale/trade
- The list goes on ladies and gentlemen...

This car is one very quick car. It sits well on 5-6psi (which is wot i have it at) and takes about 1 buck for roughly 12km on this setting. It is made to handle 20+psi.
On the current setting (6ish psi) the likes of 200sx, gt4z, r33z, sum wrxz, will be in ur rear view mirror by the end of 2nd gear.

I dont have time for tyre-kickers. If my car is to go, i want it to go through a fast, smooth transaction, where both parties are happy.

Car is situated in the Bankstown area. PM me for further details.

$3k FLAT AND SHE'S YOURS Shocked

Attachment: DSC00783.jpg
(Size: 64.30KB, Downloaded 845 time(s))
Attachment: DSC00785.jpg
(Size: 67.26KB, Downloaded 785 time(s))

[Updated on: Mon, 02 August 2004 09:03]

Send a private message to this user    
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade Mon, 19 July 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit man these are rare how much u want and do u have any pics of inside
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade Mon, 19 July 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont have pics of inside atm.
Im open to all offers and trades.
Make me one i cant refuse and we got a deal.
Otherwise if not, ill just keep n get it fixed.
*shrugs* Confused

[Updated on: Mon, 19 July 2004 11:04]

olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade Mon, 19 July 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill do a few sums and see wot i can afford at the mo
how many k's has it got (even tho its had a rebuild)
is the interior good.
im looking for something with a bit of and fairly reliable as a run about for when i get my license and start building a track/weekend car.
it looks fairly straight is there rust.

anyways ill get back to you.

kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade Mon, 19 July 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the clock its got 253XXXkm showing on it.
The interior is in excellent condition for its age. Black in colour. No rips or nefin. No fading colour. Only issue ic are 2 things
1 - the current dash has sum cracks in it, but i also have a spare dash wiv only 1 crack in which will be thrown in the boot for the new owner IF i sell/trade it.
2 - on the driver side door, up near the window section where the vinyl is, there is a rip which has been tapped up wiv one strip of black electrical tape so that it stops scratching my arm Evil or Very Mad
So far ive talked to a few fwenz n they tell me a basic turbo rebuild (but i only need a seal replaced) will set me bak about 150 bucks at GCG at condell park. Ill prob drop by em 2moz n get a proper quote.
For all i no, i may even end up getting the beast bak to 110% life.
This car is beautiful wen it comes to reliability. Has served me well, and im sure will continue to serve loyally once the turbo is fixed.
Car has brand new heavy duty engine mounts, battery mount etc, basically u can say the engine bay is brand new Laughing
Yeah the car is straight and only has a few pin spot dings.
Yeah theres a tiny bit of rust on the left side a-piller at the bottom. All the other rusts have been taken care of by my cuz who owns a panel beating shop. Rust in engine bay has been taken care of.
If it doesnt go soon i may go ahead wiv the repairs n keep the car. Very Happy
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade Mon, 19 July 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update ppl...
I just got a quote from GARRETT TURBOCHARGERS in Chipping Norton for $400 to replace seals, bearings, blah blah. They wont replace the seal alone, they go we must replace this that this that...just to get more money i believe Rolling Eyes
Nevertheless, $400 is the cheapest quote i got so far compared to GCG's $435 and another place's $450.
If the car doesnt go, i guess ill just get it repaired Confused

olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade Tue, 20 July 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry mate but ive just had a look at wot i have to pay in the next month (1500 speeding fine, uni fee, fone bill) and ill only be left over with about a grand for the next month so im going to have to say no.

but anybody who wants a turbo car with a difference BUY IT cos they are cool can haul serious arse and are different to pretty much every other turbo car
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade Tue, 20 July 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NP Olihaub
Yup as he says, this car is unique and it does haul sum serious ass Very Happy
Open to offers...no need to be shy people Smile
GimiX
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade Tue, 20 July 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there any stero in the car ??
What kind of car are u looking for in a trade ?
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade Tue, 20 July 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM sent Gimix.
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *UPDATED HEAPS MORE PICS* Wed, 21 July 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just uploaded sum more pics people.
Viewable at:
http://www.pbase.com/kwayzivietnamese/laser
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *UPDATED HEAPS MORE PICS* Thu, 22 July 2004 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For those who make a serious offer, i may arrange a 30minute viewing and driving demonstration on one day within the next week.
Open to offers people...
Hot Celica
Regular

March 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *UPDATED HEAPS MORE PICS* Thu, 22 July 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as a point of interest mazda built the motors used in turbo lasers, alongside the mazda familia
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *UPDATED HEAPS MORE PICS* Thu, 22 July 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I took a factory KB laser turbo for a drive once. I was under the impression all factory turbos were white and with 4 doors? This looks like a S pack? (it even has the twin carb badge under the S) which therefore would not make it a factory turbo?
Correct me if im wrong, I dont know much about these cars, just an observation.
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *UPDATED HEAPS MORE PICS* Thu, 22 July 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Skaney, yes from the factory they were white but were released in 2 types, both 2 n 4 doors.
This car was originally an S pack, but was upgraded to the white lightning. That is engine is from white lightning.
Other diff btw a white lightning n the S pack is the white lightning came wiv a mofo body kit, had diff suspension (this ones upgraded newayz) and the seats were diff. Other then that its pretty much the same.

If you're thinking about the engine number n chasis number issue, on the rta records n all, the car is registed wiv the turbo engine and the engine number and chasis number match. So there's no shonky business going on here.

This car is really decieving and an ultimate sleeper. Ppl pull up at the lights, and think its a riced up carby. By third gear most are like Shocked

Ne offers ne1?
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *UPDATED HEAPS MORE PICS* Thu, 22 July 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I thought so.
Thats probably better, makes it more of a sleeper being an S pack. My first car was a KB S for $450, that was fun in the day Smile
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *UPDATED HEAPS MORE PICS* Thu, 22 July 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy
Open to offers...
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *UPDATED HEAPS MORE PICS* Thu, 22 July 2004 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Around how much are you after?
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *UPDATED HEAPS MORE PICS* Thu, 22 July 2004 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hotrolla wrote on Thu, 22 July 2004 23:23

Around how much are you after?

Idealistically, i wouldnt mind an offer around the 5k-ish mark.

But im open to offers, and if sum1 offers a price/trade that is not ridiculous, i will let her go.
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *UPDATED HEAPS MORE PICS* Sat, 24 July 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheap fix ppl, only $400.
Ne offers?
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *PICS* NOW WITH PRICE! Sun, 25 July 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok people, i've decided on a price im willing to let her go for by the end of this week.
If i dont get it, ill most likely fix her up and keep to drive.
Ur chance to grab a bargain b4 end of this week.

$4K Shocked
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *PICS* NOW WITH PRICE! Mon, 26 July 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant believe u have sold this yet Shocked Shocked
bump
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *PICS* NOW WITH PRICE! Mon, 26 July 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing not to mention how many forums its for sale on!!! Very Happy
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *PICS* NOW WITH PRICE! Tue, 27 July 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump.
xplict_ae82
Regular

On Probation

June 2004
    wats dat
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *PICS* NOW WITH PRICE! Tue, 27 July 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5k for that?? Laughing
thats a pretty ugly car man
id rather buy a rx7 s2 than that
but i guess its a alright car for 15 year olds to thrash but they cant afford 5k better make it $140 then you might find a buyer that will make a nice home for it,luv the paint job Laughing Laughing
good luck
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *PICS* NOW WITH PRICE! Tue, 27 July 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha yeah it may be ugly, but it goes orite.
Pretty sure ud be amazed at wot it can do.
Hehe the paint job is perfect...let the pigs fink its grandma's vehicle for grocery shopping Laughing
Neva been pulled ova in it... Very Happy
Newayz, gonna sell it. Not 5k bro..its 4k...but if i dont sell ill prob keep n fix.
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *PICS* NOW WITH PRICE! Tue, 27 July 2004 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont worry man he just dont know wot ur car is
u should pull up next to him at a set of lights a educate him Evil or Very Mad
Laughing just jokes Laughing
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *PICS* NOW WITH PRICE! Tue, 27 July 2004 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe itd be a good education scare...with an expression similar to Shocked
Very Happy Good price ppl, grab urself a steal.
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *PICS* NOW WITH PRICE! Wed, 28 July 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *PICS* PRICE DROP $3K!!! Sat, 31 July 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$3K Shocked
jpower
Regular

February 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *PICS* PRICE DROP $3K!!! Sat, 31 July 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rip off
bstjunkie
Regular

July 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *PICS* PRICE DROP $3K!!! Sat, 31 July 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats gotta be the fastest 3k package ive ever seen if its all what you say it is to be . If i was after quick car around that price id take it. Good luck!! Smile
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Fast Car FS/Trade *PICS* SOLD Mon, 02 August 2004 09:04 Go to previous message
GONE
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB: 4AG ae86 sprinter
Next Topic:WANTED: any small turbo car under $5000
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:09:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063731670379639 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.