Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Crashed the Sprinter...what are my chances of getting it repaied?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Crashed the Sprinter...what are my chances of getting it repaied? Wed, 28 July 2004 04:10 Go to next message
Hey guys, yeah another one bites the dust! Seems to be heaps of crashes latey, add 1 to the tally!
anyway...
The damage is the LH headlight has been smashed to smitherines, the bonnet bent a bit at the front, blinker in the bumper cracked and falling off, front of the LH quarter panel has been bent back heaps, and the radiator support has been bent backwards a bit, and somehow my bumper is fine, just missing a it of paint!
I was just wondering if anyone can please advise me as to what my odds are of them saying "nope we dont wanna fix it", or "yeah no worries have it back to ya in a week or two"?
I have full comprehensive insurance with AAMI.
Thankyou so very much to anyone that can advise me!
Cheers.
-Whitchy-
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Crashed the Sprinter...what are my chances of getting it repaied? Wed, 28 July 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man.....it must be the ae86 curse that is hitting the streets.

how did u crash? own fault?

if it was ur fault just try and source the parts urself, and bring em all to a panel beater who has a jig and knows what they are doing.

if it is extensive damage to the chassis and support panel then definately have it straightened out and aligned.

parts should be a breeze though - *waits for SEXY_16's reply* Laughing
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Crashed the Sprinter...what are my chances of getting it repaied? Wed, 28 July 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by left hand side are you talking about passenger side? If so i have some parts if your after them
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Crashed the Sprinter...what are my chances of getting it repaied? Wed, 28 July 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Think very carefully about whether or not you want to claim on your insurance... I will not claim for anything less than $3000 these days ever since I found out what happens when I do.

I had to claim twice when my car was stolen and when I hit a Camry... Now comprehensive will cost me $2300-$2700 PER YEAR (I am 22). If I didn't claim, after 4 years I will be no worse off financially and there will be no claims on my record.

I am paying $330 per year (3rd party fire theft) and putting the savings in the bank for when I have an accident. If no accidents eventuate then I am rolling in money. Oh, an while you are paying for 3rd party insurance your ratings are improving at the same rate as if you were paying for comprehensive.

Just a thought... a long winded one. Confused
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Crashed the Sprinter...what are my chances of getting it repaied? Wed, 28 July 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What amount is your car insured for? As long as you havent cracked the dizzy or anything major they'll probably fix it. However, they wont bother repairing it if the damage is like 2/3 of the insured price Crying or Very Sad

If they dont wanna repair it, and you want to keep the car, tell them your willing to repair some out of your own pocket. eg you repair the body and they can do the engine Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 28 July 2004 05:24]

WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Crashed the Sprinter...what are my chances of getting it repaied? Wed, 28 July 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, cheers for the advice,
the car is insured for 3k or 3.5k im not quite sure exactly.
There is no damage to the engine...I'm pretty sure, cause it started again straight after the acco, but now it wont kick over?
I am mainly worried cause I know parts are expensive for sprinter and I need a complete headlight, but I think they should be able to fix the quarter panel and bonnet, but if they can't then replacement panels area gonna be a bitch!

Thanks again!
-Whitchy-
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Crashed the Sprinter...what are my chances of getting it repaied? Wed, 28 July 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon the damage will make it a ride off.
So don't claim it on insurance.

Save up, buy a jblood trueno front, and jig out the car, replace the radiator support.

yay!!! Smile
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Crashed the Sprinter...what are my chances of getting it repaied? Wed, 28 July 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, parts are as easy as piss

just speak to Paul (SEXY_16) and you'll be on your way
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Crashed the Sprinter...what are my chances of getting it repaied? Wed, 28 July 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all parts available with panel beater to fix Laughing
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Crashed the Sprinter...what are my chances of getting it repaied? Wed, 28 July 2004 08:14 Go to previous message
you had a kouki front bar aswell?
lucky you didnt root that.
And now you can confirm if the late AE82 lenses fit or not...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:i'm sick of carbs....
Next Topic:ACT 4age tuning
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 10:48:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041449069976807 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.