Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Thu, 29 July 2004 08:00 Go to next message
Ill let this excerpt from my project diary speak for itself:

Quote:

Yesterday, i phoned up regarding availability of the ARP bits to their distributor here in Australia. After being fairly rudely asked to hold i was then answered by another person altogether who asked in a bored fashion what i wanted. So i asked for availability of the head studs and flywheel bolts. Now the head studs were ok, as i had the part number for that set, but actually getting information about the flywheel bolts was the hard bit. Firstly i was bluntly told that i didnt need ARP bolts for a "small piece of Jap s**t", then i was told that they had some, but i didnt really need to bother for something which "wouldnt make more power than a mouse". After finally getting the part number out of the guy i asked how many bolts the pack contained, and was told that it contained six, because thats all there were on any revision of the 4A engine. After telling the guy that they came in 8 bolt configuration too, i was told that if i wanted to argue that i could "f**k off back to ching chong land". At this point i seriously got jack of this guy's insulting manner and hung up on him.
So off i trundled down to Bursons to order the ARP bits, with my new found part numbers, and my Exedy flywheel. And today i went back to pick up all the bits. And look what i found:
http://www.dysfunction.ws/albums/Sprinter/DSCF0002_008.thumb.jpg
Oh my goodness.... would that be an 8 bolt pack.... just maybe.... 8 bolts.... gee how hard is it to count. /sarcasm

Anyone had similar experiences?

[Updated on: Thu, 29 July 2004 08:57]

Send a private message to this user    
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dealing with Rocket Industries Thu, 29 July 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We waited over 4 months for a set of Mini head studs to be told they didnt want to order them. I suggest getting them sent from the us. They will probably be cheaper and will definatly be quicker. They are one of the most hopeless parts suppliers in Australia.

Brad
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Dealing with Rocket Industries Thu, 29 July 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you should take away the name of the company man, even tho they suck

the moderators get all "legal paranoia" about defamation on this board.
crayz legz
Regular

January 2004
Re: Dealing with Rocket Industries Thu, 29 July 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takai wrote on Thu, 29 July 2004 18:00

Ill let this excerpt from my project diary speak for itself:

Quote:

"small piece of Jap s**t"
"wouldnt make more power than a mouse"
"f**k off back to ching chong land"

Anyone had similar experiences?

Did he really say that stuff?
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Thu, 29 July 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recieved the bolts today, so not a long wait.

And also im not in the habit of fabricating things other people have said. So thats a conclusive yes.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Thu, 29 July 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/images/custom_avatars/443

FLCL!

Very Happy
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Thu, 29 July 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RI would be the biggest fuckwits on the face of the earth.

If it isn't V8 they don't want to know. Pure and simple. I enquired about an inlet manifold to be told I didn't know what I was talking about, Range Rovers done come in V8 (this is when i was working at rover and they only every came in V8 except for <100 diesel imports)

Then about a year ago I was told a similar thing about another manifold that was unavailable as it wasnt made, then I gave them the part number and was told that it still didnt exist, even when i said I go it from ther website.

Import is usually cheaper & far less painful.
Hot Celica
Regular

March 2004
Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Thu, 29 July 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also had bad exp with RI, they wernt THAT rude to me but had same attitude towards jap cars, another time when i scored some autometer gauges and said it was for a v8 commodore i got the impression they wanted to bend over backwards!

...any business is good business ? Confused
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Thu, 29 July 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for any ARP products i get them from speed pro in dandenong great guys will help out on any make
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Thu, 29 July 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that
Ill keep it in mind.
Managed to get the guys at Bursons to deal with them, and got it ordered in.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Thu, 29 July 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive had nothing but the best experiences with RI...

seriously, i couldnt say enough good things about their tech advice and customer service. they sourced parts internationally for me, and then gave me mates rates on the odd bit too.

plus, at one WISD test and tune, they had an open pit, and the guys were more than friendly, happy to chat whilst i jizzed my undies..
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Fri, 30 July 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be sending a letter / email / fax off to ARP and tell them of your experiences with this particular distributor.

If ARP care at all about their customer's satisfaction, they will contact the distributor and will put a rocket up their arse and make them realise that ARP cater to most makes and models and not just V8's.

pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
icon14.gif  Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Fri, 30 July 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very good pun southo!!!
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Fri, 30 July 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Never dealt with them but maybe they are sick of the jap cars beating them.Or there is a huge mark up on the V8 stuff and they only see the easy money not repeat customers who will buy the jap stuff if they are looked after.
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Fri, 30 July 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Racial Slurring SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE! Go there crying, RACIAL DISCRIMINATION!!!!!

Free ARP stuff for life!!!
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Fri, 30 July 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have never dealt with them, but i have only heard good things, then again i have only heard thru their big customers.

call performance wholesale in brissy
or VPW mail order
or summit racing
or jegs mail order
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Fri, 30 July 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have to deal with the pricks every week almost without fail. i hear ya though, very narrow minded, very rude.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Sat, 31 July 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As for the racal slur bit. I have no idea why they said that.
While i may be 1/2 Chinese, i have lived all my life in an English speaking country, and havnt spoken Chinese or Japanese since i was 4.
I find it really funny that they discriminated over a purely australian accent.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Sat, 31 July 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RI do stock a lot of parts... it wouldn't be possible for a salesperson to know all of them.

Also RI is really a wholesaler so I am sure they get the shits having to help millions of people who can't buy from them anyway.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Sat, 31 July 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can someone PM me the name of the company please?
cant think of anything that is RI
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Sat, 31 July 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i deal with them at least once a day at work, cant say we have had any problems with them other than having to pay freight to get our bits n peices up..
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Sun, 01 August 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sat, 31 July 2004 14:10

can someone PM me the name of the company please?
cant think of anything that is RI

Read Southo's post.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Dealing with R****t Industries (ARP Distro) Wed, 04 August 2004 10:13 Go to previous message
Or just look at the subject of the first few posts.

But seriously... there are "some" dumbarses working for every company... don't let one persons experience with one sales dude stop you from using these guys.
They have some very knowledgable and helpful staff and just remember when you are talking to them that they are helping you out with no real benefit to them as they are a wholesaler and can not sell to the average car enthusiast off the street.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Legal Gurus
Next Topic:Toyota Japan 2004 Lineup ** Lots of PICS 56k go zzzzzz**
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 21:05:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069570541381836 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.