Toymods » Members Rides » Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
icon6.gif  Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Sat, 10 July 2004 03:15 Go to next message
Toyota Camry CSX 1989
Gen 2
Manual 5 speed
2.0L EFI

No engine work at current time, going in for bottom end rebuild and gettin some extra work done including a new ECU.

Hoping for a bit more power.

ATM

Rolling Gear:
-17inch CSA Pursuit rims
-215/45/17 Kumho Tyres
-King Springs
-Monroe GT Gas shocks

Engine:
-Genie Exhaust System
-Standard Pod Filter
-Detailed blue pipes and hosing in engine bay

Interior:
-CSX interior, no fading
-Momo Seat covers
-Autotechnica Steering wheel
-Autotechnica Gear Knob and boot cover
-Autotechnica Pedals
-Shortend shifter
-Blue dash lights
-3 x blue interior neons
-5" indiglow monster tacho
-2 x gauges in A-pillar pod

Pic: (interior passenger side)
http://www.sniperz.net/modules.php?set_albumName=a lbum22&id=IMG_1509&op=modload&name=gal lery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Pic: (interior drivers side)
http://www.sniperz.net/modules.php?set_albumName=a lbum22&id=IMG_1511&op=modload&name=gal lery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

In Car Entertainment:
-Alpine Head Unit CDA 9807
-DVD player with 7" tv in glovebox
-Front Speakers - Kenwood 4" Splits
-Rear Speakers - JBL 6-1/2" 3ways
-Cutom Boot Install
-2 x 12" CDT Subwoofers
-1 x Lanzar 1600 Rack Amp
-Oddysey Sealed Battery

Pic: (boot install)
http://www.sniperz.net/modules.php?set_albumName=a lbum22&id=IMG_1513&op=modload&name=gal lery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Exterior:
-White paint
-mirror tinting (its not the best, only good in the right light
otherwise it just looks like dark tint)
-full underbody neon kit (blue)
-clear side indicator lights
-graphics (used to have)

Pic: (without graphics)
http://www.sniperz.net/modules.php?set_albumName=a lbum07&id=IMG_0112&op=modload&name=gal lery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

http://www.sniperz.net/modules.php?set_albumName=a lbum51&id=IMG_0126&op=modload&name=gal lery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Pic: (with graphics)
http://www.sniperz.net/modules.php?set_albumName=a lbum41&id=Secret_Tunnel_Photo_Shoot_17_03_04_5 &op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&am p;am p;am p;am p;include=view_photo.php

http://www.sniperz.net/modules.php?set_albumName=a lbum42&id=Photo_Shoot_in_Bayswater_Industrial_ Area_03_03_04_1&op=modload&name=gallery&am p;am p;am p;am p;file=index&include=view_photo.php

http://www.sniperz.net/modules.php?set_albumName=a lbum42&id=Photo_Shoot_in_Bayswater_Industrial_ Area_03_03_04_25&op=modload&name=gallery&a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;file=index&include=view_photo.php

http://www.sniperz.net/modules.php?set_albumName=a lbum40&id=Trip_to_Lancelin_34&op=modload&a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;name=gallery&file=index&include=view_ph oto.php

Feel free to have a look over my clubs website www.sniperz.net
a perth based car club.
we have all makes and models of cars, some modded, some not.

Hope you like the pics.

Cheers

[Updated on: Sat, 10 July 2004 03:28]

Send a private message to this user    
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Sat, 10 July 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
WHAT AN AWESOME CAMRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those rims look perfect for the car, so does the White paint!!!!
NICE WORK GLENN

Neons aren't usually my thing but it looks really neat!!!!!

Quote:

Standard Pod Filter

What brand pod filter did these camrys come factory with??? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Just having a muck around hahahaha

WildSX
Occasional Poster

April 2004

Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Sat, 10 July 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neat ride man!!
Keep up the good work Smile
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Sat, 10 July 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FARK YEAH! Very Happy THATS SWEET!!!!
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Sat, 10 July 2004 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get it a bit lower, loose the neons and tint the tail lights and i reckon itll too fkn fat! thats wat i wanted my wagon to look like but decided to bail on the project.

keep up the good work dude.
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Sun, 11 July 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers guys,
alot of hard work has gone into gettin it the way it is.

In relation to the pod filter, i only got a 3A racing pod filter, its still performs good, but its only shitty in my books.
Was about to get stainless chrome piping done for the pod filter and get a K&N.
Have got an extra bonnet and have put a ford cosworth scoop on the passenger side, i will then have the pod filter mounted under that. And the bonnet painted black.

All these plans have gone on hold since i did the botom end.
lol

No point in working on a pod filter and piping and custom bonnet if u got no motor.

In relation to the neons,
Im not a great fan of them either, tho i do think mine set my car off at night. As long as they are mounted correct and u cant see the tubes, they seem to look okay. Have them on a switch aswell, so they not on all the time.

My rims, i love them, took a bit of looking around to find a set that matched my car. But they really have almost finished off my car in the looks department.

My next project car i want to look at will be a Camry Wagon SV21
Im gonna do a nice big sound system setup in the back. should look sweet.

I did have my rear tail lights tinted, but i got done by mr. piggy wiggy for them.
So had to change them back. Doesnt look too bad wid the tint i dont think, but i like both ways.

Cheers guys! Cool

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Sun, 18 July 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks. what u said about the graphics looks better with out them cool neons
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Sun, 18 July 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where did u get ur toyota sticker at the front window
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Mon, 19 July 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Made it myself dude, im a graphic designer and i work at a sign shop, so that explains it.

Cheers, i think it looks alot better without the graphics myself.
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Mon, 19 July 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im about to drop a new engine into ToyCsx and im looking at upin the power a little, im sticking with the 3SFE, but im looking at a reconed engine and a front cut from japan that has only done 50,000km's.

I have been looking at a Microtech ECU to replace the standard ECU, but i have been just told about a Unichip.

Can anyone advise me on what they think would be the better option, or has anyone used these ECU's?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Mon, 19 July 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TOYCSX wrote on Mon, 19 July 2004 20:20

Cheers, i think it looks alot better without the graphics myself.

Dude, I personally think you shouldn't do anything to your car unless it is what you like. I've had the same thing with my car, but i've decided to stick to what I wanted. If you don't like the graphics, or the neons remove them, don't pander to other peoples tastes Smile

Personally, I reckon you'd probably be better off with a Microtech than a Unichip, but having said that, I'd be buying a 3SGE or something more powerful before I lashed out on a new ECU.

icon14.gif  Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Mon, 19 July 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thumbs up mate, awesome car!

Ive got a 88 VZV21 Camry with the 2VZFE V6.
Will have pic up on the 20th of July (Hopefully Smile )

Love the interior, has given me some good ideas for mine.
You should use the V6. Is an awesome engine. Very good power
and sound MAD. Very very deep for a 2.5L!!

Once again man, awesome car. Plz check out mine when you got the time and tell me what you think.

Regard.

Smile

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Sun, 25 July 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn how could i miss this Shocked , Very Nice Man Very Happy , I love the Interior and Exterior, keep up the good work Cool.

Can you help me?, my camry has a smoking problem Confused.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/290000-290999/290592_6.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 25 July 2004 12:30]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Tue, 27 July 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Sun, 25 July 2004 22:23

Damn how could i miss this Shocked , Very Nice Man Very Happy , I love the Interior and Exterior, keep up the good work Cool.

Can you help me?, my camry has a smoking problem Confused.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/290000-290999/290592_6.jpg

Laughing Laughing Evil or Very Mad
Very Happy best Camry burnout ever!!!!!!!!!!!! 10 out of 10 no joke but that thing looks like it would get a fucking lot more smoke then me mates VL! Laughing that VL's a shocker hey and every one says Camrys are crap? well I say, CAMRY POWAH!!!!!! Very Happy Evil or Very Mad

nice burnout mate, good effort Smile
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Tue, 27 July 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see there are still some SV21 peoples around.
TOYCSX ur car looks great, visual mods can look good when done right.
The '21 is a well put together car, if mine was a manual i would be keeping her for longer, instead i have less than a year still im selling up and moving on.

icon4.gif  Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Tue, 27 July 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man,
just a quick question.
how did you mount the neon lights under the dash??
did u cable tie or screw...?? coz mines got a bulge in the trim panels that go under the dash, so the neons can't jus be screwed in. was thinkn of cable tieing then up.??

[Updated on: Tue, 27 July 2004 13:11] by Moderator

TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Wed, 28 July 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah mate, they are screwed up into the dash so you cant see them, my opinion is that neons look shit if u can see the tube, they are too bright and look tacky.

The GLOW is what neons are all about.
Hide the neons as far back under the dash as u can.
Its a easy job.
Basically, i marked where i could put the neon without seeing the tube.
Took the panel out.
Mounted the neon with 2 small screws.
drilled a hole next to the wire, and cut the wire to poke through the panel so it came out the other side (inside the dash)
and then wired it into my power distributer box.

If you need any more info just email me mate.

icon14.gif  Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Wed, 28 July 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx dude, very helpful... Im in the process of trying it now. If I need any more help, I'll email you. Thanx a million.
(PS. I agree...Neon's look really tacky when u can see the tube. especially when they are Undercar and you see the tubes hanging down!!! Yuck!!)

TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Wed, 28 July 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no shit, and if your puttin a set of undercar neons in a camry.
There are perfect hiding spots on the sides and at the back and front. just email me if you need to know anything.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Wed, 28 July 2004 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once again - top Camry Glenn! Very Happy
Some mods done on cars look tacky - but i think your's are done nicely, and really looks the part.
as JCMF said - its all about personalising a car to YOUR tastes, don't worry about what other people think, as long as you like it - go nutz!! Very Happy

I think your car looks awesome anyways - Look forward to seeing it on the next OldSkool cruise!

DAMO
TRD 83
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: Glenn's TOYCSX '89 Toyota Camry CSX Thu, 29 July 2004 09:55 Go to previous message
cant wait!!! Razz Razz Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Benjamin's SC AW11
Next Topic:wiso's ST162/165 Hybrid... GT2!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:24:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053389072418213 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.