Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Stupid me... rant.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Stupid me... rant. Thu, 29 July 2004 03:36 Go to next message
I was driving home from uni today (12:45pm) and this young gino copper pulled up along side me in his unmarked SS Commodore... At first I didn't realise that he was a cop until he started hanging out the window looking at my wheels, then the car, then edged forward to see my front licence plate... I thought ha ha ha you can't get me, everything is above board here, the car is legally lowered and I have insurance and rego...

Well, he pulled me over and took my licence, made me tell him my name and address from memory then wandered off to his car for about 5min.

He came back with a $51.00 fine because the rego sticker on my window was a few months old. I showed him the current one and said I had forgotten to put it on the window but said he didn't care. Mad

I suppose it was my fault for not putting the correct sticker on but it seriously looked like he was trying to find a reason to get me. I was driving sedately and was driving a Cressida. Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stupid me... rant. Thu, 29 July 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sadly most young cops are super-keen pains in the arse - they want to give out fines all day and generally feel big and important. Older cops have gone through that stage and are generally a lot more relaxed.

A young cunstable once busted my brother for public urination - my Mum was driving and he was busting with no shops/toilets/servo's around so she pulled over and he took in a wizz into a bush at what they thought was a park - turns out it was a cemetary and this young dick in an unmarked car pulled over, jumped out the car with his hand on his gun and started running towards my brother screaming "hold it there" and "police: don't move" Rolling Eyes . Long story short he wated to charge him with desecration of graves as well Laughing Luckily his partner was a bit older and had a bit of laugh as he saw the funny side of it.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Stupid me... rant. Thu, 29 July 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol

you were unlucky.

I didn't change my rego sticker till late April this year, and my rego was renewed November last year! Shocked

I even got pulled over for a breathalisation and they told me to "fix my numberplate" (it was slightly bent under my bumper) and didn't even notice my rego sticker.. of the totally wrong colour. .lol
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Stupid me... rant. Thu, 29 July 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I felt like punching the little smartarse... He had this smug look on his face like "I got you, you didn't fool me... I will make cop of the century for this".

I can't believe anyone could be bothered writing up a whole A4 infringment notice for something so petty. Mad

He should have given me some credit for having my headlights aimed correctly, my brakes serviced, no busted globes and near new tyres... My car was UBER roadworthy and he still did me for that. Crying or Very Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 29 July 2004 04:23]

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stupid me... rant. Thu, 29 July 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He's probably fresh out of cadet school with 6 months worth of indoctrination about how great it is to be a cop, and how he'll be a farking super-cop.

What can you really do though? Bugger all! He's a wanker, but sadly that's not a crime.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Stupid me... rant. Thu, 29 July 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I personally think cops should go out looking for people going ape shit in public with knives and guns then constantly picking on motorist. Have they anything better to do?
Toy SX
Regular

April 2003

Re: Stupid me... rant. Thu, 29 July 2004 12:20 Go to previous message
I have to agree with ego-trippin' cops.

The other day I received a warning for jay-walking during peak hour by a cop. The female cop asked me a few rhetorical questions, which I could deal with but then the male cop decided to add in his 2c. He's pretty much said [I]you should be careful 'cos you might get hit during peak hour traffic (and wait for it...) especially when you see all these idiots driving around and talking on their mobile phones at the same time.

At this point, I lost total interest in what he had to say because during that 5 minute "lecture", I saw 3 drivers driving and talking on their phone at the same time. I just thought, why waste my time over something like jay walking (granted I did a no-no and copped it on the chin and was apologetic, etc) and not go up to the people driving and talking on the phone at the same time. This was peak hour traffic and sure the cars were only moving slowly, but still....isn't it more illegal to drive and be on the phone than it is to jay-walk??? It makes no sense.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Driving adventure stories...stupidity? insanity? childish?maybe all three....
Next Topic:Brisbane anyone? Mt Nebo run?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 02:02:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054199695587158 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.