Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 04:40 Go to next message
If anyone has had a chance to pick up the new autosalon magazine (maybe ricer magazine) you'll notice that they are undertaking a project sprinter.

I think this is great exposure for sprinter owners australia wide and it will be really interesting to see what they end up doing with it...

be sure to look out for it at autosalon events and keep reading autosalon mag to see what the modify and how they do it!
  Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great. Just what we need Rolling Eyes Why couldn't they go and get a pos like a Cordia or some crap and completely ruin that instead.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't see much of a problem.. i think its good because of the exposure... people will see there is a market for sprinter and start bringing in more parts... cheaper... + sprinter prices may rise even more for us lucky owners Very Happy
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmm...... There is SOME logic in what you say, but from my experience of Autosalon (very limited), it's just a rice-fest. I can just picture them going into a frenzy of ricing up the poor little thing and making it embarassed to go out on public roads due to it's own hidious appearance. Just imagine the bodykit they will put on it. Crying or Very Sad

I say they should donate the car to someone who wants an AE86 and will actually DRIVE it rather than just trying to make it look positively ghastly.

Poo poo, I say.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PS - It may create more exposure for the hachi roku, but to the wrong type of ppl......
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
according to the article they don't even plan to give it a paint job... they will do it in 'true drifter style' (what ever that means)

i see what ur saying about the wrong ppl... i don't wanna see the hachi go down the same route as silvia's and skylines
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Wed, 28 July 2004 14:51

according to the article they don't even plan to give it a paint job... they will do it in 'true drifter style' (what ever that means)

Exactly the problem. All they are doing it for is the 'look'....

Codswallop. Poor lil' hachi Crying or Very Sad

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry i should of said

from the article
Mods to come:
- Complete Suspension overhaul
- Limited Slip Differential
- Stronger Clutch
- New Wheels
- Race Seat/Interior Mods
- New Exhaust System
- Brakes

seems like an okay list for me (it allready has a 4age)
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just hope they don't fuck the car up completely. Crying or Very Sad
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats all well and good, but whos going to drift the hachi?

bugger all people in aust have the skills needed to competitvly drift an ae86
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Wed, 28 July 2004 15:05

As previously stated, they may be doing all this work to it, but it's for looks mate. I bet it never touches a track.

Think 'Autosalon' - What immediately springs to mind?????
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
o i should also mention, in the letter of the month reply they mention toymods! more exposure!!! lol
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Wed, 28 July 2004 15:05

Are you in Melbourne now ?

Great more wanabees Sad
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Wed, 28 July 2004 15:06

http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/223062.jpg

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Wed, 28 July 2004 14:44

i don't see much of a problem.. i think its good because of the exposure... people will see there is a market for sprinter and start bringing in more parts... cheaper... + sprinter prices may rise even more for us lucky owners Very Happy

true
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i doubt it, i reckon its more likely to make them more expensive and harder to come by, as with parts.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dodgy_Haro wrote on Wed, 28 July 2004 16:54

http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/223062.jpg

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hehehehe..... That, but 1 million times worse.

As for the comments about it bringing higher selling prices - I don't give a rats about how much I sell my car for if the other result is that the majority of AE86's will end up being driven by idiot's with no idea. I would rather keep it on the low-down. Case in point - (I know you may not like it, but this is being used as an example only!) Mazda RX3. It was not as desirable as an RX2 at one stage. Then a handful of 3's came on the show scene with a new style and opened up ppl's eyes.

Now they are all hoarded by *bleep*'s and the average person with a genuine love for the car cannot afford/find one. And if you do have one, you better have it in a bloody fortress and chained to a concrete slab, coz it WILL be stolen. And here's another question - Think of a Mazda RX3 and what image springs to mind???? Yes, not very desirable is it? That's what you will be branded as once they become REALLY popular.
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and i didnt think it could be any worse than that green one with the hideous bodykit that was for sale a while back Mad

why must they ruin it for all of us?
(fine ill quit my bitching Laughing)
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Did you ever think a little harder about it or does your brain not function in these ways???

What other event does Autosalon run??? Drag Combat comes to mind... Maybe it'll go there and atleast drag or they might even take it for some laps around Eastern Creek...
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Wed, 28 July 2004 17:48

Did you ever think a little harder about it or does your brain not function in these ways???

What other event does Autosalon run??? Drag Combat comes to mind... Maybe it'll go there and atleast drag or they might even take it for some laps around Eastern Creek...

Looks like I touched a nerve there Laughing

What can I say?

I HATE RICE. Evil or Very Mad Razz
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.wankfactor@autosalonae86.abortion.au
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Wed, 28 July 2004 17:57

Rolla Boy wrote on Wed, 28 July 2004 17:48

Looks like I touched a nerve there Laughing

What can I say?

I HATE RICE. Evil or Very Mad Razz

ill second that
the only "rice" i like are cool japanese decals that make NO sense and carbon fibre, if you consider that ricey

hehehe Embarassed
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hopefully they do mod it to look like a drifter, not a hektik Brighton le Sands cruiser, that might just make some people not really notice it, theres been plenty of other drifter looking Sprinters in mags before, plus i think the target demographic of Autosalon magazine, well a majority of them anyway, will hopefully not pay much attention to the project car, seeing as they are fairly expensive to buy in the first place for what they are, plus they arent that fast, so yeh maybe a lot of the readers will just go "whatever" when they see it, especially if its got a track look, and not a bling-bling show-car look.

so lets all just cross our fingers, and hope that no one pays attention to it, except people that respect them and their image, and yeh hopefully Sprinters will stay on the low-down. Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope it looks like this

http://www.j-blood-na.com/img/86levin_bf_01.jpg

http://www.j-blood-na.com/img/86levin_rs_01.jpg

maybe ken streeter/wei(ae86T) should drop them a line for bodykits Wink
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why would they take a "drift car" on the 1/4? Hopefully they do it somewhat tastefully, time will tell i guess.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon they'll do a good job... why is everyone against it sprinter exposure?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Wed, 28 July 2004 18:58

I reckon they'll do a good job... why is everyone against it sprinter exposure?

because its being done by one of the riciest magazines with one of the worst reputations...
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does that mean they CANT do a good job?

i liked what they did with their all motor civic last year... and it turned out with no rice and it had decent performance (for a civic)

they seem determined to make a budget drifter.. i don't see why they will put chromes, neons n shit on it?

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i completely agree shiri, but i think the guys are a little skeptical of an "autosalon drifter"

bit of an oxymoron isnt it>?
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i think is really lame, is how people on here think their interest in a particaular make of car is more legitamate then someone elses, based on, speculation, at best.

i dont know much about them,( the people who run the shows/magazine) and have never bought one of their magazines, or gone to any of their shows, but to put on car shows, and produce a car magazine, they must be fairly passionate about cars.

they also dont completely control the content/direction of late model show cars in Australia either, it has alot to do with the private builders and work shops. but if theyre building a drift "style" sprinter, thats a step in the right direction as far as im concerned.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most drift cars in the oz scene seem to be mostly performance based and little show. Where as the autosalon cars seem to be mostly show, little performance. I guess thats what everyones trying to say.
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Wed, 28 July 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I heard they are gonna build a 1966 Nissan Cedric into a drift car if this one is successful enough.

But dont tell anyone i told you all.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Thu, 29 July 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are doing everything i want to do but they get to start off wit a 4age. pricks. and they have the money Twisted Evil
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Thu, 29 July 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finally a sprinter where it belongs
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Thu, 29 July 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WEll from what i hear they have already bought a kit from Toby Hunt. So all up pretty subtle.
What most of us run really.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Thu, 29 July 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TG wrote on Thu, 29 July 2004 17:54

Rolling Eyes
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Thu, 29 July 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha just stiring the pot Razz

i must say i bought a copy of autosalon mag...
and i must say it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be
100% better than hot4's, tho it isnt saying much
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Thu, 29 July 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TG wrote on Thu, 29 July 2004 17:54

Laughing
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Thu, 29 July 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive only looked at an autosalon mag once and like i always do i go to the tech section first. it contained such quality articles as installing pedal covers which are a MUST when modifying your car Confused
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Thu, 29 July 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It will look a lot like this Commodore and will draw crowds of lads that look like this.
http://www.streetcommodores.com.au/forum/attachment.php?s=6218a3e80a7f69547a753de350a6b25b&postid=304824
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Thu, 29 July 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
westside is de best Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Thu, 29 July 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh thats 2 threads with the same pic...
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Thu, 29 July 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im digging the tail lights on that commodore Laughing

Could this be the que to start production of altezzas for AE86s??

ewwwwwww
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Thu, 29 July 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TG wrote on Thu, 29 July 2004 21:03

westside is de best Laughing

no.. east side iz da best Twisted Evil
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Thu, 29 July 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh Lord... Shocked Shocked Shocked
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Fri, 30 July 2004 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the way that autosalon is trying to go is branch out into other fields of interest in the Car world. When the craze was air bags they built the jumper, the craze at the moment is drifting so of course they are going to jump on the band wagon. They are a business and are trying to make money. They already have Drag Combat, they're bound to come up with a new event for drifting.

Autosalon likes doing things that haven't been done, the jumper, what sane person would do that if it wasn't for a show. Yes before everyone goes telling me that the sprinters have been made in to drifters i know they have. Their other option was probally a 180SX or something like that, which has been done a bit too much.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Fri, 30 July 2004 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
n0rth sid3 is f0000000ly sick Br0
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Fri, 30 July 2004 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draza wrote on Fri, 30 July 2004 12:14

the way that autosalon is trying to go is branch out into other fields of interest in the Car world. When the craze was air bags they built the jumper, the craze at the moment is drifting so of course they are going to jump on the band wagon. They are a business and are trying to make money. They already have Drag Combat, they're bound to come up with a new event for drifting.

Autosalon likes doing things that haven't been done, the jumper, what sane person would do that if it wasn't for a show. Yes before everyone goes telling me that the sprinters have been made in to drifters i know they have. Their other option was probally a 180SX or something like that, which has been done a bit too much.

They've allready done a 180sx before (or was it a silvia??). It was promotion for a game. The car was orange if i recall correctly.

PS. if im wrong ignore this post as im bloody tired.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Sat, 31 July 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sat, 31 July 2004 07:42

They've allready done a 180sx before (or was it a silvia??). It was promotion for a game. The car was orange if i recall correctly.

PS. if im wrong ignore this post as im bloody tired.

Yeah dude... That was the Midnight Racing 180SX (or something like that)...
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Sat, 31 July 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
..... Crying or Very Sad

Get ready for a HUGE influx of 'im a sick drifter' on forums, at your local maccas, out the front of highschools, comming to a street corner near you!

I realize some people on here dont like the IDA crowd (I have no problem with IDA). But I really think the worst is yet to come. When it reaches more of a mainstream... IE What i mean is you'r going to see the current crop of people in lemon green swifts etc having 'sik drift mods' 'because im a sik drifta bro'

Then ABC will pickup Initial D and broadcast it. That will be the final nail in the coffin...

least our sprinters will be going for $10,000+ Smiley =
Not that I'd sell.

[Updated on: Sat, 31 July 2004 03:31]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Sat, 31 July 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im a full sik drifter too
cause i drift sickly
crayz legz
Regular

January 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Sat, 31 July 2004 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on the topic of 'fully sik driftin'. did any 1 see the thing on chanel 9 a lil while ago about some chick and her friends hoting up cars in qld? she was also "drifting" in her 180sx convertible on a wet track. it was very pathetic and her car was gliter pink Laughing her boy friend has a matching car in gliter green...
crayz legz
Regular

January 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Sat, 31 July 2004 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Thu, 29 July 2004 20:16

It will look a lot like this Commodore and will draw crowds of lads that look like this.
http://www.streetcommodores.com.au/forum/attachment.php?s=6218a3e80a7f69547a753de350a6b25b&postid=304824

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

r those spinning rims or spinning hub caps?

[Updated on: Sat, 31 July 2004 14:49]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Sat, 31 July 2004 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe you'll find those cars on the www.boostcruising.com (.au??) forums. Laughing
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Sat, 31 July 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wouldnt surprise me if they had big drift king stickers down the side of her pink 180
crayz legz
Regular

January 2004
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Sun, 01 August 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

wouldnt surprise me if they had big drift king stickers down the side of her pink 180

no its drift queen
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Sun, 01 August 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
going too far is when the FWD cars are advertised as fully sick drifters.

there will always be ppl that want there car to sparkle. I would rather ppl to look at my car for what it is not what colour it is.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Sun, 01 August 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha i was gawked at by some guys in the autosalon civic on thursday nite. lol.

i have a client in the same building as the magazine hq is at.
always seee their ricey hondas sitting around. occasaionally a nice car is parked around.

lol and they always gawking at my car there too

haha. their car should be interesting.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Autosalon's Project Sprinter Mon, 02 August 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
i feel for you serious sprinter Enthusiasts. my local area has some serious wacko sprinter owners

one is blue with silver flames all over it, stocko rims lowered like 3 inchs, and a huge aluminium spoilier.. and wait for it a 4ac

another is a yellow one with what looks like plywood body kit,

i feel bad enuough that i share the same manufacture with them let alone model

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Need help
Next Topic:gold sprinter FS from hot4s
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 05:40:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088741779327393 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.