Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » FS: Nice 162, ** SOLD **

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: FS: Nice lil 162, Offers, with 74.8kw's of raw power ! Sat, 10 July 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey steve hows $3700
  Send a private message to this user    
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: FS: Nice lil 162, Offers, with 74.8kw's of raw power ! Sat, 10 July 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice St that , Nice Grill too , very neat car .
Good Luck With the sale Steve .

Sounds like you need a sleeper
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: Nice lil 162, Offers, with 74.8kw's of raw power ! Sat, 10 July 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate just bout a 20v t25 in a ae71, with a full sprinter setup, and he lets me drive that, I NEED A MA70 !!!
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
FS: Nice 162, Offers, with 74.8kw's of raw power ! Tue, 13 July 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump bump.......
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: Nice 162, Offers pls...... Wed, 14 July 2004 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and here we go, back up top...

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=5543&rid=417&S=c17e2b26dcec6e28b22f99f8a778f93b

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=5542&rid=417&S=c17e2b26dcec6e28b22f99f8a778f93b

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=5541&rid=417&S=c17e2b26dcec6e28b22f99f8a778f93b

Attachment: exhaust.jpg
(Size: 78.59KB, Downloaded 203 time(s))
Attachment: engine bay.jpg
(Size: 70.08KB, Downloaded 200 time(s))
Attachment: rotors.jpg
(Size: 67.88KB, Downloaded 193 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2004 17:26]

DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: Nice 162, With New Pic's,Offers...... Sun, 18 July 2004 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump again,
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: FS: Nice 162, With New Pic's,Offers...... Tue, 20 July 2004 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i had the money right now i would by it. compared to all the others on carsales its like the only resonably priced st162 sx there.
who knows in a few months ill be ready to start a project on my next car (hopefully st162)
were abouts are you i might come past and have a looksee.

Smile
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: Nice 162, With New Pic's,Offers...... Wed, 21 July 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just up on the north shore, gimma call if you want to come by and have a look,
steve
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: Nice 162, $6,700 must sell for next car ,Offers...... Fri, 23 July 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
priced dropped, sick of ppl wasting my time with this, and want to move onto my next car, any1 interested ? price neg depending on parts that go with it....
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: Nice 162, $6,700 must sell for next car ,Offers...... Sat, 24 July 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump again
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: Nice 162, $6,700 must sell for next car ,Offers...... Mon, 26 July 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: Nice 162, ** SOLD ** Wed, 28 July 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car is now sold, some1 who appriciated what it was showed up with the cash, and she now resides in the WA. thanx every1 for the help and words, look out for the new ride in the next few weeks.....
steve
psyche
Occasional Poster

December 2003
Re: FS: Nice 162, ** SOLD ** Thu, 29 July 2004 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know whether this is the right stage. So if the following comments are out of line or inapropriate plz contact me. This is a sequence of events that transpired in my vail attempts to purchase a car:

1 mth ago

I contact devil rolla, initially to enquire about price and details of this car. I show some interest and we have lenghty discussions about celica's/imports i.e mostly cars. Overtime it becomes apparent that this car is what I'm after and i communcate with Steve often via the net. He gives me details of the car and I updated him with my movements often.

I'm located in Victoria and the car was in NSW hence the obvious problem.

I work interstate during the university holidays. So over the next several weeks I continued to communicate with steve and let him know when I'd be travelling interstate so as I could view the car.

Week of 20th July

I fly up to sydney and inspect the celica on the wednesday. Taking it for a test drive doing the usual sort of run through. I let steve know that I would want a mechanical test on the car if i would purchase it.

Over the next 3 days negotiations occur as to the price of the car and what the sale would include i.e spares. I fly back down to melb on 23rd.

Sat 24 july

We come to an agreement on sat 24th July. Price is finalised as are preliminary details. It is made known I would want an inspection on the vehicle if this is passed I would obviously purchase it.

Monday 26th July

I arrange it with the NRMA to conduct a mechanical inspection on the vehicle at my expense. I email steve several times to let him know details.

4:57pm - I decide to ring steve to ask when a good time would be for the mechanical inspection that i had arranged. At this moment he makes it known to me that another potential buyer has shown interest in the vehicle and offered the same money I had and was offering a hefty deposit on the spot.

Basically what transpires is that he would sell the car to the 3rd party unless I paid a deposit to the value of 15% of the purchase price that night. This all unbeknown to me 3 minutes before the close of business.

A deposit had never been spoken of previously as I had been under the impression that after he mechanical inspection I would be prepared to pay the amount in full or the deposit. Basically whatever was required of me.

I contact steve and let him know my situation and wish him well with the sale.

Now nothing Steve did was striclty dishonest or against any contract we were under. However I believe it was unethical and utterly appaling that he would sell the car to someone else under these circumstances.

I had flown up to sydney, inspected the car, we had agreed on a price and I was getting a mechanical inspection done at my expense. Basically I believe I had proved my own good faith.

Yet Steve sold the car to a 3rd party because I could not produce a deposit after the close of business on the monday night.

I bear steve no hard feelings and found him to basically be a good bloke who just wanted to sell his beloved car. However what he did was wrong and totally belied the faith and agreement I stupidly thought we were under.

Nothing I have mentioned above is a lie nor a misrepresentation of what occured over this last week and mths. Steve can't even try to deny this. It has left me disheartened and at a loss as to why someone would conduct themselves this way.

To you on these boards he is a mate and enthusiast to me he's now the same as every other person who has dicked me round when I try to be honest when buying cars.

Adam

[Updated on: Thu, 29 July 2004 15:11]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: FS: Nice 162, ** SOLD ** Fri, 30 July 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude

I am a mate of Steve's and offended by your post.

You did not fly to Sydney just to look at the car, it was convenient for you, and yes, you made an effort.

You "negotiated" for a price far far below the asking price, and then said you would want it further "negotiated" pending mechanical inspection. Trying hard to offend the seller it seems.

You did not call back the evening after your inspection, like you said you would. For me, lack of interest is indicated by lack of contact.

You don't know Steve. I spoke to him regarding your behaviour right before he sold it, and he really felt like you were stuffing him around, and trying to basically rip him off and take the car for less than it was worth.

The car was sold for more than you were offering.

Mis-understandings can be a pain, and I am sorry you didn't get the car.. it is a very very nice specimen, but keep your eye's out, there are lots of nice 162's out there if you wait for them! Wink
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: FS: Nice 162, ** SOLD ** Fri, 30 July 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About time steve Surprised and psyche just for next time you should always put a good deposit on a car that your interested in.
Its also unfair on steve if you back out on buying the car and steve tells all the other potential buyers that the car is sold he will never sell his car that way just put yourself in his position at the time.
psyche
Occasional Poster

December 2003
Re: FS: Nice 162, ** SOLD ** Fri, 30 July 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just tried to relate what happened in my knowledge. I always tried to be honest with him in discussion relating to the vehicle and i never deliberately tried to stall or lie.

I did contact steve the day after inspection as I said I would. Inspection was conducted on the Wednesday and I rang to let him know my position on Thursday evening around 6:30pm. plz get your facts straight before accusing me of certain things.

In regards to the mechanical inspection I did not want any further discounting of the car. Just I meant that if it did not pass obviously we would have to discuss why, I thought this was made clear. I made every intention known that I would buy the celica.

I would not pay several hundred dollars for an inspection on a vehicle if i had no intentions of buying it. That me travelling to sydney was convenient I'm not sure what you mean. As I said in my original post that I would be working interstate and at that time I would travel out to inspect the car.

I was always very open about prices and what I thought his car was worth. If Steve was not happy with the price I was offering that is fine, but he and I agreed on that price. At no point was was he forced to sell the car to me at a price he was not happy with.

Furthermore I was not aware that car the car was being sold above what we had agreed upon, this was not communicated to me.

As this is the case I understand Steve would be under no obligation to me other than to let me know so I could have matched/beat that price.

I was not having a go at steve personally and really I'm not here to have an arguement about it nor did I want to offend him or anyone else. I do not know steve as you do, I only know the circumstances and immediate contact which I have had with him.

I'm glad that steve sold his car after trying for so long and wish him well with his search for the Supra.

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: FS: Nice 162, ** SOLD ** Fri, 30 July 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am sorry for your experience mate, I am

Good luck finding a nice 162 or whatever you go for.. the 162s are great cars

Steve was very very very very very very keen to sell the car, so I highly doubt that if he had thought you were going to buy it for sure at a good price, then he would have gone behind your back. What would be the point?

If you are going to buy something, say so! put a deposit down! you gotta do something.. otherwise it's anyones game
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: Nice 162, ** SOLD ** Fri, 30 July 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are, the backlash...
basically adam, if you were interested. leave a deposit, be it 200 or 1000, by offering me 5800, was a slap in my face, for the month and abit of talkin and pictures i had sent you. Now, selling a car behind ur back, i have no obligation to you, Period ! you wanted the car, do things asap, the so called 3rd party, had a deposit and the full price to me within 12hrs. TO ME THAT IS A COMMITTMENT TO BUY A VEHICLE. not leaving me with 2/3 days between contact. so basically, no deposit, no obligation. i was not in it for a bidding war, i wanted the car gone. i wish you all the best in your future purchase's. In no way have i attacked you in any of my post's, i was willing to let this slide as the vehicle was gone, you i guess wanted to air ur opinion, and this is a forum so you are quite welcome to.
thats really all there is to say.
steve
garage13
Regular

August 2004
Re: FS: Nice 162, ** SOLD ** Mon, 02 August 2004 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents as a mate of psyche's.

This maybe offensive but what the hey cars already sold no harm done, should be an OK read.

I think what happened was for the best. I can't believe this bucket would be worth 6k lol. It doesn't have many mods.. (sorry i come from turbo s13 land where there are so many mods available they are usually worth more than the actual car lol)

psyche, you gotta go get yourself a real car, rwd turbo. similar price, and a hell of a lot more entertaining. 7k xdrift sil80, 89 model mk3?... not the sleek hahaha...

Good luck to all the parties involved.
Cheers.

DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: Nice 162, ** SOLD ** Tue, 03 August 2004 08:30 Go to previous message
one mans trash is another mans treasure.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WANTED: TA22/RA23/RA28 celica
Next Topic:WTB Stock Sprinter
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:45:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086829662322998 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.