Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RS1600
Regular

June 2004
cannon mufflers Thu, 29 July 2004 23:23 Go to next message
Has anyone fitted this type of muffler to there 4 AGE powered cars. Do they drone through the car at highway speeds. Can anyone recommend a muffler combo that is great sounding but does not drone through the car.

Regards
Darryl
  Send a private message to this user    
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: cannon mufflers Fri, 30 July 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, I don't have a 4A-GE, but I do have 2 canon mufflers on my 3S-GTE. When you say 'drone through the car', do you mean the resonance of the muffler going through the cabin? If this is the case, I recommend fitting up some Dynamat or other type of sound absorption material. Nod

Cheers.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: cannon mufflers Fri, 30 July 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the mounting material you use also makes a big difference as to how much drone you get.

edit, as for muffler drone, it depends on so many things it's too hard to say this will or this won't.. try one and see... use a resonator as well...

most straight thru mufflers will be noisier than other, more restrictive mufflers... how much noise can you take?

[Updated on: Fri, 30 July 2004 06:08]

pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: cannon mufflers Fri, 30 July 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a 3" cannon (2 1/4 catback) on my 4agze (which would be louder than the 4age) and it reverbirates alot.... you know how if you talk into the back of a pedistal fan it makes your voice go funny? that happens if you talk when im going up the freeway Laughing

Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: cannon mufflers Fri, 30 July 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a 2" cat back system with two resonators (1 big, 1 small) and a cannon style muffler and yeh its a fair bit noiser than wen i had just a lukey box on the back. its particulary noisy at about 3500rpm going up a hill or something like that but at 60k/ in 5th its fine

sitting on 120 in 5th can be a bit loud to. but ya cant have it both ways really

Cheers
RS1600
Regular

June 2004
Re: cannon mufflers Fri, 30 July 2004 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh. Iwas reffering to resonating through the cabin. As it will be fitted to a 2 door with the rear of the car seperated from the interior better than hatches. This may help reduce the resonance.
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: cannon mufflers Fri, 30 July 2004 23:02 Go to previous message
my st162 does is with the stock muffler..from years of research and hard work ive compiled a genius plan, you turn your stereo up so you cant hear it Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Motor running like crap
Next Topic:JDM ECU from st162 import!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 22:04:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056519508361816 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.