Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Thermo fan on a 3sgte gen II

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
icon5.gif  Thermo fan on a 3sgte gen II Sat, 31 July 2004 07:00 Go to next message
Hey,
Does anyone know much about chucking a thermo fan on the TMIC of a gen II JDM 3sgte? Like how much will it benefit me? I dont think the intercooler gets much air flow at the present so im guessing it would be a decent advantage. Has anyone else done something similar to this? If so how much did it help?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;item=2485479787&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
  Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Thermo fan on a 3sgte gen II Sat, 31 July 2004 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man a few guys on alltrac.net have done this on their St185's, if you go to the site and check out DIY Mods there is a write up on it there, most of them say it helps considerably
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Thermo fan on a 3sgte gen II Sun, 01 August 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
9 inch davies craig thermo fan is your friend ..

Available readily in OZ

OR - thermo fan off a kawazaki ninja ..
both are similar sizes ..

Note though this fan only helps cure heatsoak when stationary or moving at low low speeds - When moving at speed the top mount for its size is very efficient ..

Its a stopgap measure - not a cure ..

If you want a better cure - try frontmounting the same cooler - or start saving for a frontmount setup the likes of a JZA70 core or larger..

I notice the car in the pic is a st162 (?)

if so you could try and source the water to air unit 0ff a 165 Gt4 as it should in theory - bolt in
*edited for clarification *

[Updated on: Sun, 01 August 2004 04:20]

cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: Thermo fan on a 3sgte gen II Tue, 03 August 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im convinced that a fan is the way to go. A front mount is just too expensive and too much effort right now.
Can someone who has hooked one up before tell me how to do it? Or anyone that would know how?
And did you hook it up to a switch or simply have it run all the time while the car is on?
Cheers.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Thermo fan on a 3sgte gen II Tue, 03 August 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what the hell happened to www.alltrac.net that used to be a great GT4 recource, now they have been taken over by this speed toys shit, that was the only place i knew that had a write up on how to fit a fan to your intercooler, but now thats no longer available.

It can't be hard to do though, get the right size fan, make some custom mounts to bolt it down to, wire it into a fuse so that it comes on all the time (I reckon try running it off the key on line or an accessory power line) or make some sort of relay setup running through a heat sensor so its only on at certain temperatures, much harder.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Thermo fan on a 3sgte gen II Tue, 03 August 2004 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a guy who posts as gt4me is selling his gt4 in the for sale forums at the moment and has this mod, pm him maybe
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: Thermo fan on a 3sgte gen II Thu, 26 August 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive figured out how to mount the fan on the top of my intercooler. But i still have no idea how to wire it up.
Can anyone help me out? Considering i want it to be running all the time when the car is on.
Thanks
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Thermo fan on a 3sgte gen II Thu, 26 August 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
find a 12v power sully , then wire it to a SWITCH

you only need it running in stop start or standing traffic - itherwise your scoop works perfectly fine on its own ..

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Thermo fan on a 3sgte gen II Thu, 26 August 2004 10:20 Go to previous message
piggy back it onto an accessory line in the car, I can think of radio line, clock, ign wire (start or acc), thats the best I can offer, otherwise yeah like classique said, then you can flick on all the time and off when you don't need it. Just don't forget to turn it off before you leave the car or your battery could go flat.

Either way I hope you like pulling stuff out an blending wires. Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1G-FE Wiring Diagram
Next Topic:4AF Alternator onto a a 4AC?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 17:18:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01478099822998 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.