Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Mon, 05 July 2004 00:54 Go to next message
Finally got my hands on a digi cam last week n had a chance to take some shots of the car. Could someone please host some pics cos my Optus account is stuffin up. Cheers!

Some specs for the timebeing:
-King Springs standard height
-KYB shocks
-Whiteline Camber kit (yay, adjustable front!)
-Whiteline rear sway bar
-Whiteline bush kit throughout
-Genie 4-2-1 Extractors into 'sports exhaust'
-K&N panel filter
-Blaupunkt Heidelberg HU and 6*9's running off 2CH power coustic amp
-Kicker 4 inch component splits

planned future mods:
-Alarm,immobiliser n central locking
-gen3 3sge with minor work!!!!(my engines bout to blow)
-Gt4 twin spots n new discs all round
-Mr2 LSD or GT4 box
-New paint job in Monza red
-16" rims n lower springs
-Black & red interior to be done by myslef
-Finish off sound system with sub

[Updated on: Tue, 10 August 2004 09:00]

Send a private message to this user    
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Mon, 05 July 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

-gen3 3sge with minor work!!!!(my engines bout to blow)
-Whiteline bush kit throughout

Scared of taking the head apart on your car after all Smile

What's in the whiteline bush kit you got there?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Mon, 05 July 2004 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
additional pic sorry man the only one I managed to get had some email troubles

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/rear1small.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 25 July 2004 10:05]

StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Thu, 08 July 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well its not that im scared more of a Cant be effed thing - il just fix the oil n power steer leak n run it till i can afford the new engine, no matter how shit it is runnin really. Um bushes....lower and upper trailing arms i think, cant really remember but they're all urethane so im not gonna have to replace those again Smile Check out their site for info

http://www.whiteline.com.au/
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
StuC's st162 **NOW WITH PICS** Wed, 14 July 2004 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay guys, here are some pics finally

http://img13.exs.cx/img13/289/3QRTRHFsmall1.jpg

http://img13.exs.cx/img13/4049/enginebay2small1.jpg

http://img13.exs.cx/img13/1954/frontsmall1.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2004 23:09]

dar_sbb
Regular

June 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Wed, 14 July 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clean ride man!

What does the front chamber kit do?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Thu, 15 July 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adds 15mm/12mm negative camber to F/R respectively.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Thu, 15 July 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is your oxy sensor lower down now with those headers (I think I can see the wire for it).

btw - looks very neat in the engine bay. Much better than my car (pre-soon-to-be-completed transformation)
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Thu, 15 July 2004 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oxy sensor on the earlier series of 162s is on the headers, yes, just down and to the right I think..if that makes any sense

just out of view there
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Thu, 15 July 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah just not quite visible in that photo.
Did they move it on the later 162s?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Thu, 15 July 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is on the exhaust pipe directly below where the firewall is
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Thu, 15 July 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dude - dunno if you are interested but I've got a spare set of ST165 front calipers (with shims but crapped pads from memory)? I was going to put them on my car but it seems no one on toymods is after it so I'll just sell my car without 'em.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Thu, 15 July 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are they twin-spots or are they the large floating single?Im after a set of twins so if they are il take em for sure - How much u want for em?
Cheers mate

Oh and yeah the O2 sensor is just out of view - just before the 4-2 join on the headers.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Thu, 15 July 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't know you could get single piston GT4 calipers?! Ghey.

Yeah they are the twin-piston ones...not sure what price though? Will pm ya Smile
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Mon, 19 July 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sO I HAVE MY CAR BACK NO OIL LEAKS...YAY!!! power steering is still leaking tho so i better get onto that and tyres. I took the resonator out of my FLH and it makes a huge difference and also lifted the lid on the airbox. Above 4500 and it freakin roars - cant wait for the Gen3...but thats not till next year...
On the way too an oil catch can, hope it cleans it up a little.

FWDboy, any ideas where ur 165 is yet? and how r those twin-spots comin along? Cheers fellas

TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Mon, 19 July 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC wrote on Mon, 19 July 2004 14:08

sO I HAVE MY CAR BACK NO OIL LEAKS...YAY!!! power steering is still leaking tho so i better get onto that and tyres. I took the resonator out of my FLH and it makes a huge difference and also lifted the lid on the airbox. Above 4500 and it freakin roars - cant wait for the Gen3...but thats not till next year...
On the way too an oil catch can, hope it cleans it up a little.

FWDboy, any ideas where ur 165 is yet? and how r those twin-spots comin along? Cheers fellas

See it did make quite a big difference raising the lid on the airbox, i think u really needed to take the induction resonator to really hear it, but yeah did it increase the noise a fair bit from takin the resonator out for u?

Awesome to hear... Where was the oil leak comin from? My radiator is leaking and pissin me off big time hahaha

Catch up with u soon man
Awesome car!!!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Mon, 19 July 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reseal kit worked a treat on my power steering leak Smile PMed you about the calipers.

ST165 is somewhere out there, it definitely didn't make it onto the last shipment so it must be on it's way still - which is fine by me cause I'm still attempting to tidy my car and get rid of it Smile I'm so lazy atm!!!

Just waiting on a couple of bits for my car still - should aid the 'transformation'...
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Sun, 25 July 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey man enjoying those old extractors, I see you got them fitted, any problems with them, whats your, opinion much gain?
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Thu, 29 July 2004 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The extractors worked well thank Joel, replaced the gasket in the 4-2 join. Has smoothed out TVIS a heap, not as much kick now and it does rev more freely. Although i think there is a slight pinhole leak still, but i cant find it. Maybe its just that i can hear the gases passing thru now, whatya reckon?

Cheers mate
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Thu, 29 July 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Stu - I'm fairly sure that my GT4 will be coming in soon - I've got enough cash together to get it even without selling my ST162 straight away - so yeah those calipers + good pads will be on their way soon!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Sat, 31 July 2004 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bet you I can pin point it for you, try where that little egr stuff comes off the side, I had a constant (although small) leak coming where those 2 pipes join, you may have to see about getting a gasket made for it. or blocking it altogether Rolling Eyes you didn't hear that from me Rolling Eyes nahh don't do that
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Sat, 31 July 2004 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but yeah they do make it able to actually hear the gasses flowing, extractors for you.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Sun, 01 August 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it was an exhaust leak, I'd imagine his engine bay and his rocker covers would look ALOT worse than they do in that photo. You can get a new gasket for that EGR pipe for $27.50 but it has to come in from japan if you want genuine parts. A paper gasket is definitely no good, has to be a metal one - pref. a slightly pliable metal. (don't even bother with paper/carboard it'll blow within about 10 kilometers)
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Sun, 01 August 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
p.s. without EGR you will shorten the life of your catalytic convertor.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Sun, 01 August 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It already has a metal gasket between the EGR pipe. Il recheck it but im pretty sure that that is not it - gonna have to put it on ramps n rev it, shit its gonna get hot under there.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Tue, 10 August 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

-Now with Kicker 4 inch splits up front. These make a huge difference to the sound stage.
-On the way, alarm,immobiliser n central locking. Awesome, il have some security!
- Phillips Vision Plus globes (3500K)
-Oil catch can
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Wed, 13 October 2004 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now have Sprint Hart 15*7 race rims.mmmmm, lightweighht!

Heres a pic on

http://img40.exs.cx/img40/661/newwheels.jpg

it needs new tyres, lower profile coming and yes, it does need a bit of lowering, so go ahead, tell me how i should be off-roading!

Next, twin spot calipers,alarm and my interior being finished off.

Cheers
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Wed, 13 October 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice job with the wheels - pseudo-rally style! Very Happy All you need is the fat red urethane mudflaps all-round. Wink

Keep the good work going.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Wed, 13 October 2004 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Farking sweet mate..
This car is very nice.. Been in it a couple of times, very smooth power response.... handling is beaut too...

Wheels look VERY NICE... I like it with a bit of decent rubber on the edges... Got a nice rally look to it.. Personally i'd leave the height as is coz i reckon it looks shit hot and u already got good springs etc.. But see how u go it will look awesome either way!!!
Little1
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Sat, 16 October 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree StuC, your car is very very awesome....and it handles very well! Very Happy

It will look great when you re-spray it (orange was it..or green?)

by the way... dont i know that beach?! Rolling Eyes
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Mon, 24 January 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update peeps,

today i put in the rest of my sound. i now have
-blaupunkt 6*9s in MDF tray running off 2ch power coustic amp

4ch avalanche amp running
-4" kicker splits up front (might go to 6.5" later, $ permitting
-10" MTX sub in 30ltr sealed box.

I also put my interior back in last week, which makes the car so much quieter, but i havent finished spraying it.The rear trim is black and bits of the front but they will be sprayed soon(have no time and cant be effed)

New tyres went on the morning of New Years Eve and they work great.

Next mods are to get my central,alarm and immobiliser installed-cant wait
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Mon, 24 January 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NICE mate!!!!

I love ya sunroof... its glass isnt it?
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Tue, 25 January 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, tis an aftermarket glass sunroof-which is good coz it wont rust! Still need to get my twin spot gt4 calipers on, probs on Thursday i guess-im going out to play in a DIY wreckers so im gonna see what little goodies i can turn up.Anyone need anything?

Im also negotiating for a set of black SW20 seats.Anyone know if i gonna have probs fitting to my car?THey are reclinable arent they? meh, i'll see.

Cheers guys
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Thu, 27 January 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Went out to the wreckers but there were no 162's available for me to pick through which sucked.There was one selling as a whole and it had a loom for a set of foglighhts that i have and needed but the pricks wouldnt separate! Managed to get myself a leather gear knob from a corolla tho, so, not a complete waste of time.
Alarm and central goes in tomorrow, im really looking forward to keyless entry!
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Tue, 03 May 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where/how/how much did you get that glass sunroof for?!

I wouldn't mind looking into one of those, as mine is rusted, and i would like to avoid it coming back...
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Tue, 03 May 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work, cant wait to see it in the flesh and go for a ride, should organise a small st162 photoshoot oneday, Very Happy
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: HERE IT IS FINALLY----StuC's st162 Tue, 03 May 2005 10:24 Go to previous message
Well Matt, the sunroof came with the car so i have no idea how mujch and where but i hear you can get them installed for about 1K from new.

There are gonna be no more mods for this one guys as im trying to work on my other one(the series 2) Thats getting a rebuilt motor with work(workin on it atm) and all of the good shit off this one.So when im done this will be back to stock apart from 4 standard height king springs and nolathane bushes.

So if anyone wants it, im gonna fix up the paint on the roof, bonnet and RLQ, finish the interior and get it running well.Its got a new clutch and power steering pump so theres the exy bits gone.Always serviced every 5000km yada yada yada.

Anyway, i'll let you all know whats happening with it.

catcha guys
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:boogs ke70 sleepa
Next Topic:J's TA22 Next Progression 4wd 1uzfte
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 17:10:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073959827423096 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.