Toymods » Tech & Conversions » troubleshooting 4AGZE supercharger problem

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GA22GT
Occasional Poster

April 2003
troubleshooting 4AGZE supercharger problem Sun, 01 August 2004 09:51 Go to next message
hey all,

Please help me out guys especiallyl 4AGZE experts. I have a problem with my supercharger after a night of testing. I was pleased with the result 160kmh easily, however after a night of torture seems like all the power has vanished today, power is like a shitty 1.3 litre carby!! I found out the sc is not working. The green LED in the car does not light up anymore. I ruled out wiring problems cause it was transferred directly
from the front cut. However could it be that the sc oil was dry cause when i pulled out the dipstick, there was no oil on it, it was even below the 'L' mark. Does the sc have a mechanism that automatically disengages the clutch when it senses the oil is low to protect the sc? The sc sounds fine
no rattle or wierd noises.

From the info i got on 4AGZE it said that the sc VSV senses manifold pressure, there is also hoses from the sc connected in and out through the VSV, what do these hoses do actually?
Could these hoses be telling the VSV that oil pressure is low thus causing the VSV not to output its signal to the ECU therefore causing the ECU not to output the negative signal needed by the SC relay (btw where is this thing?)to operated the clutch?.

Last question, what output is returned by the sc VSV? I know there is a 12V+ input How about the white plug with 2 wires at the front of the SC, is it used to operate the clutch?, one wire is 12v+, the other should be negative? if i wanted to direct the current to the clutch i should be supplying "-" to this terminal?

Any ideas guys, how should i come about solving this problem you could see the car here http://www.geocities.com/levinboyz .. thanks

Vernn
  Send a private message to this user    
GA22GT
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: troubleshooting 4AGZE supercharger problem Mon, 02 August 2004 09:11 Go to previous message
OK found the problem........ busted SC relay......... Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FWD Conversion to RWD
Next Topic:MA61 5MEU, generally running like crap?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 22:59:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0031459331512451 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.