Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Genuine offers on ae86 Tue, 20 July 2004 11:44 Go to next message
Hey ,im selling my aus sprinter soon,and i need to know how much its worth realistically,so if anyone can help me thanks for your input and please no offers of $1500- ha ha.
Heres a rundown on it.
1985 aus spec sprinter
body is straight with an ok respray alittle while ago(some rust under rear bumper,but easy fixed,otherwise good)
new front and rear brakes,
Koni yellow adjustables all round and custom rear sway setup
h/d lowered springs,15 inch mags
New Wolf3d v4 running smallport ae92 4age,new exhaust system,four puck h/d clutch.
standard interior ok with obx driver seat and autometer tacho
rego till next year all in good condition with lots new parts.also have heaps of spares incl rwd 86kw and full ae86 shell.
May be selling for change to fc or s13. Confused
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=5697http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=5698

Attachment: smallfront86.JPG
(Size: 14.18KB, Downloaded 1707 time(s))
Attachment: smallest ae86.JPG
(Size: 46.35KB, Downloaded 1688 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 20 July 2004 11:46]

Send a private message to this user    
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Tue, 20 July 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much for the spare 86kw engine?
oneyear
Occasional Poster

November 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Tue, 20 July 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi i can offer $4500,or more depend on any extar!
keep in content then.
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Tue, 20 July 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill hang on to the spare motor until i sell the car as a back up
but ill sell it if ive still got it after then.
I was actually thinking it would be worth at least $7k ?? but then im not sure? what y,all reckon? Confused
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Tue, 20 July 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about the sunroof does it leak, anymore pics.

Cheers

Steve
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Tue, 20 July 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Of course it does ha ha Laughing ,but only when im parked with the nose downhill,and ive got some shims to adjust the sunroof front height .that should fix it good
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Tue, 20 July 2004 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slideways wrote on Tue, 20 July 2004 23:02

Of course it does ha ha Laughing ,but only when im parked with the nose downhill,and ive got some shims to adjust the sunroof front height .that should fix it good

Even when its not raining? It only leaks when its raining right.

Do you have any other pics.

Cheers

Steve
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Tue, 20 July 2004 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what condition is the 86 shell?
rust I am fine with, but is the chassis bent?
what color is it?

how much do you want the shell alone?

thanks.
Sik-7
Regular

July 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Tue, 20 July 2004 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey how much for the spare ae86 shell is it complete with all interior and all body part's ?
mrated
Regular

May 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Wed, 21 July 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check your pm mate
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Wed, 21 July 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The spare shell has no front and motor g/box and no dash and front and rear glass,its fairly straight ,but has heaps of rust in the usual spots..hatch,arches,dog leg etc, would be good for racer/drift project i spose or just for suspension,brakes,blue interior etc,will throw in 2 4ac motors with it if you pick it up! ill post some pics when i get a chance if you like.Dunno what its worth though?
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Wed, 21 July 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres some more picshttp://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=5713http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=5714http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=5715

Attachment: interiorsm.JPG
(Size: 40.28KB, Downloaded 1413 time(s))
Attachment: rear aesmall.JPG
(Size: 31.17KB, Downloaded 1406 time(s))
Attachment: sidenight.JPG
(Size: 32.94KB, Downloaded 1392 time(s))

ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Wed, 21 July 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And heres one of the bonnet,it has pearl blue clear with ghost flames over black.
P.S anyone willing to swap for a cheap fc rx7 non turbo or damaged 180sx just email me or P.M.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=5716

Attachment: flames.JPG
(Size: 37.36KB, Downloaded 1368 time(s))

WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Wed, 21 July 2004 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dood - I been doing quite a bit of shopping for sprinters lately, as one of my mates wants to get one.

Aus Spec AE86 in stock condition are selling for at least $2g ... with that in mind, I'd say yours would be worth around the $5g mark given its mods and condition.... there will only be a few people interested if the price goes higher than this.
At the end of the day - its your car and its up to you how much you let it go for. If you think its worth $7000 then advertise it for $7000 and see how you go?! Luckily you've got the factor that these cars are getting harder and harder to find (especially in good nik) - so you may find a die hard fan that will pay good money for it. Smile

Either way your asking price is out of my friends budget. Bugger! Confused just thought I'd offer some input.

Good luck with your sale!

DAMO
TRD 83
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Wed, 21 July 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Damo,Its good to get some idea of what they are going for,well ill see how much of the planned mods i get done on it before i sell it and then price it accordingly. Smile
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Wed, 21 July 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in victoria u could get 6k easy... 7 if ur patient
put it in trading post
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Thu, 22 July 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good idea
thanks
probably better to sell the car for that and sell off spares separately!
AE86-DRFT
Newcomer

July 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sat, 24 July 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eiii buddy i was just having a look on just jap and they have 2 genuine imported jap spec ae86 levins for 7k each plus rego and engineering.

I think ur pushing for n e thing above 5k...
If u intend on dropping the price, pm me because ive got a mate that might be interested.

P.S Nice car by the way and good luck with the sale

Cheers Smile
JDM-086
Regular

March 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sat, 24 July 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id have to agree with ae86-drft and WA_TRD_83
none the less nice ride, may b wat im after
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sat, 24 July 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i see stock ae86's going for 4k almost once a week... asking another 2k for one allready with a 4age and lots of other goodies isn't unreasonable...

if i had this, i wouldn't let it go for under $6000
JDM-086
Regular

March 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sat, 24 July 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well thats your opinion. but think for an extra 1k you can have a 4age bigport lsd disk brakes and all the extras of a geniune ae86 and you dont have to worry about possible poor engine transplants its all genuine and ready... i dont know thats just my thought im not baggin this car or anythingi actually like it i may make an offer. i wanna c it but he so bloody far away Very Happy
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sat, 24 July 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those hachi's at just jap are covered in rust and are quite rough. Thats why they are $7k.
Nice car mate.
Cheers
MegZ
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sat, 24 July 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shay, im still interested mate. is the car running yet?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sat, 24 July 2004 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol JDM-086 u STILL dont have an 86...

whatever happened to ur supposed 10k budget? Razz
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sun, 25 July 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not worth over $5,500 IMHO i sold my AE86 which was alot better than that for $6600, just cause its white with black bonnet dont count for sqwat unless your a fool,if its an not an original non aus spec one, its not worth more than 7K unless its turbo'd or you've spent more than 10K on it, sure harder to find but that means nothing when you can import genuine for a touch over 7K, good luck though should get 5.5-6.5K for it looks alright:)
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sun, 25 July 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's really no use speculating how much this car is worth not unless we actually see it.

It's pretty pointless using a bad example of a JDM (at a suspicously cheap price) as the basis for comparison on all local sprinters (regardless of whether its clean or not).

my 2c.

But at the end of the day, a car is only worth how much someone else is willing to pay for it.
Let potential customers come and see it, and let them decide. I think it's unfair on the seller that we try to hinder his sale.
JDM-086
Regular

March 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sun, 25 July 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer im sprinterless that 10k feel thru i was going halves with my older brother but its me on my own now so ive got 3k to my name lol im looking for a sprinter now just aus spec i may be able to borrow more if its an exception deal... but ye..
i wanna hear from the seller man see wat he wants for it coz at the end of the day its his call
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sun, 25 July 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Sun, 25 July 2004 02:08

No No No
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sun, 25 July 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey slideways what are the size and width of those wheels and rubber? they look great.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sun, 25 July 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOPDIS wrote on Sun, 25 July 2004 10:48

not worth over $5,500 IMHO i sold my AE86 which was alot better than that for $6600

stop being a tool
ive seen worse than this go for 6
nice car mate
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sun, 25 July 2004 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 25 July 2004 23:03

not worth over $5,500 IMHO i sold my AE86 which was alot better than that for $6600

stop being a tool
nice car mate

ha ha ah you make me laugh little man! Do you understand what IMHO means? "In my honest opinion" thats my opinion! i'm not going to point out what i think is wrong or dont like!

But i find it hilarious that every sprinter 4 sale thread turns into a shite fight on these forums, the exact reason myself and many of my friends NEVER sell anything on here! get over yourself! nuff said!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sun, 25 July 2004 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sun, 25 July 2004 16:22

Arch wrote on Sun, 25 July 2004 02:08

No No No

what? he did have 10k to spend at one stage, so i was just wondering why he hasnt yet aquired one. 10k puts u in the ballpark for most of the good sprinters sold here...

chill garth, chill Wink
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sun, 25 July 2004 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOPDIS wrote on Mon, 26 July 2004 05:46

Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 25 July 2004 23:03

stop being a tool
nice car mate

ha ha ah you make me laugh little man! Do you understand what IMHO means? "In my honest opinion" thats my opinion! i'm not going to point out what i think is wrong or dont like!

But i find it hilarious that every sprinter 4 sale thread turns into a shite fight on these forums, the exact reason myself and many of my friends NEVER sell anything on here! get over yourself! nuff said!

no doubt.. but its the wording you use that makes you look like a tool.
"my sprinter was much better than this and only sold for 1k extra" sort of thing
now if you had said "my sprinter with a few more mods on the list went just for a little bit more" would have been better

anyway.. back to sale
JDM-086
Regular

March 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Mon, 26 July 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wheres the owner? i want him to set i price because every offer seems to be ridiculous according to these people
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Mon, 26 July 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI im baaack
sorry it took me so long to reply, guys
been flat out gettin this wolf3d up and ready,its takin a lot more setup than i had hoped, but its lookin good and just needs a couple more weeks fiddlin and fine tuning.Thanks a lot for all your input ,its been really helpful and i appreciate all your feedback.
I think the best thing for me to do would be to post again when i want to sell and its finished,then ill come down to melbourne and give all interested in it a good look over it and testdrive etc and then see what im offered.
btw ROBra40 the tyres are 195/50/15 and 205/60/15 on back
Smile
8t6panda
Regular

May 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Mon, 26 July 2004 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice ride.looks cool

but i think ur asking for a bit much,igot my genuine 86 coupe with 4agze for 7k in great shape,hope u get the right buyer tho.
JDM-086
Regular

March 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Tue, 27 July 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey make sure you post when that happens because if you come to melb id like to see it coz i would never be able to go down to where you live... Very Happy
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Tue, 27 July 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM sent
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Tue, 27 July 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep ill post when im driving it down to melbourne next,currently looking for wideband oxy sensor for tuning the wolf and af ratios.so wont be too long.
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Tue, 27 July 2004 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

eiii buddy i was just having a look on just jap and they have 2 genuine imported jap spec ae86 levins for 7k each plus rego and engineering.

I just read this part.
IN VIC:
$7,000 for the car
$1,000 - $2,000 For intrusion bars, tyres, etc and Engineering
$33.00 transfer fee
$522.00 for Registration
$320.00 (aaprox) for stamp duty.

APPROX COST: $9,375.00

CONGRATS. you just went and spent around $10k for a JDM sprinter which is around the ball park for these.

I would say that around $6,000 is a reasonable price for this car. But thats only speculation because I have not seen this car.

Good luck with the sale. When it is for sale.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Wed, 28 July 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm interesting.

not to mention the high insurance cost and difficulty of insuring an import
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Wed, 28 July 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So really,

anyone who states "That JDM ae86 is really expensive, I can get one for X amount of $. yes, cost you $4000 in japan. $10k onroad here. Laughing
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Wed, 28 July 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theoretically, if you get given a for free car in japan, by the time it gets here and on the road, it's a 5k car...
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Wed, 28 July 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theoretically.. depending on what car you are given. If its a car that requires full compliance. If it is modified and does not fall within the 15year rule etc etc.

Cost of compliance depends on the car. so could cost you anywhere between $5000

Shipping with insurance = $1400 approx
If 15 year then 1000 - 1500 for compliance + engineers

So all up close to say $4k on road..

for a car requiring compliance could be an extra 2 - 3k ontop of that.. labour etc etc. gets expensive. But thus why cars are cheap in japan for us to BUY BUY BUY.. Its getting here and onroad which screws it.
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sun, 01 August 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so whats the price on this thing...
bernie_wsl
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Sun, 01 August 2004 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=5931
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Mon, 02 August 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill take $6500 for it with all my spares including 86kw motor and rolling shell and ae82 twincam car in good condition,but be quick before i sink more money into it or become too attatched to it Laughing
JDM-086
Regular

March 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Mon, 02 August 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much for the car no spares (its got a 4age in there already doesnt it or still a 4ac?)
mrated
Regular

May 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Mon, 02 August 2004 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check your pm mate
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Tue, 03 August 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As the car sits at the moment its $6500,with or without the other cars,if i was to drop any off the price i would want to keep the wolf 3d ecu as its just cost about $2000 to set it all up and get the 4age in and runnin.im not desparate to sell,but if someone wants it now they can have it for that,coz ill probably just waste more money on it the longer i have it.One of my mates just offered me $6000 as is with no more mods or rwc,for just the car and a spare motor ,but ill see if anyone else is keen first.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Tue, 03 August 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump good luck... if u wanna sell the spare motor sepretly let me know ill pay good money fo rit

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2004 08:38]

The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Wed, 04 August 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id take it your not intreasted in a swap + plus cash adjustment of $2000?
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Wed, 04 August 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry wombat,but ive spent way more than that,just getting the 4age and wolf3d into it,not to mention the suspension as well,so id be back to a standard sprinter with less mods and money,but thanks for the offer dude Smile yours looks pretty clean,does it have 4age or 4ac?

P.S if anyone has an fc rx7 with a blown motor or a cheap auto non turbo fc ill swap with cash adjustments
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: Genuine offers on ae86 Thu, 05 August 2004 05:59 Go to previous message
4ac at the moment but not for long (ready to drop supercharged engine in muahahahaha Evil or Very Mad) my car is for sale but untill i get the right price for it im just going to keep working on it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mazda RX4 13B Turbo $6000
Next Topic:FS: 1999 TOYOTA CELICA SXR
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:44:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008997917175293 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.