Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » 160kw 4AGZE?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
160kw 4AGZE? Fri, 23 July 2004 13:22 Go to next message
I've seen a AE92 4AGZE for sale round my area and writen on the window is 4AGZE, 160kw so I went up and talked to him and he said he had dyno sheet somewhere.
So anyway my question is would that be 160kw at the flywheel or 160kw at the wheels?
And how much difference would an 8 pound pully make rather then the standard pully on the 4A?

I know these questions are probably pretty stupid, but hey I need answers Very Happy

Cheers
Chris
  Send a private message to this user    
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Fri, 23 July 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my guess is the flywheel, it would hve to have had some serious work to punch out 160kw at the wheels.. as for an 8pound pulley kit... well absolutly no difference as they already have one stock.
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Fri, 23 July 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unless it was 160hp, but im 99.9% sure it said 160kw
as for the pully shows ya I know F!@# all about superchargers

Thanks for the help

Cheers
Chris
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Fri, 23 July 2004 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it was 160HP then thats about 120kW which isnt bad. But if it is 160kW, it'd have to have some major shit done to it like chris said....then again, it might be a 4agte Razz
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Fri, 23 July 2004 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It depends on the dyno operator to he can configure a dyno to give false readings just ask the guy at dyno day 9 with the 300zx that had 250rwkw but could only get 180 Laughing Laughing
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sat, 24 July 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing yeah probably did go to some dodgy dyno tester

If it was 160kw at the flywheel how would ya find out the kw at the wheels without spending more money on another dyno run?
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sat, 24 July 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You normally lose about 15-20% going from the flywheel to the wheels, so it'd be about 130kW at the wheels

Correct me if im worng Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sat, 24 July 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a dyno gives numbers at the wheels so if he said he has 160kw at the flywheel that would be an estimate from the dyno run which would say about 125rwkw ish I would say in a FWD.
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sat, 24 July 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats not too bad then, thinking of buying it now but I dont realy know what problems I should look for within the engine
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sat, 24 July 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I talked to the owner again and he said it was 160kw at the wheels.
What type of mods would have to be done to it to get a kw reading that good from it?
And is there any difference in with the top and front mount intercoolers?

Cheers
Chris
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sat, 24 July 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Filter
Zorst
computer
pulley
cams
Other stuff that i can't think of at the moment.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sat, 24 July 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how many psi is the supercharger running at?
ellen
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sat, 24 July 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like another FWD corolla owneer with little idea and his hand firmly wrapped around his little peepee.

A 4agze ( standard supercharger ) with after market ecu, filter, exhaust and a 12psi pully will make 110kw's at the wheels max. Thats with work done on the motor. Usually they make between 90kw's and 105kw's at the wheels.

Anyone claiming otherwise has wanked blind.

Put a 1ggze supercharge on and u might see 120-130kw's at the wheels max.

This is FACT.

Tell him to pull his finger out.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sat, 24 July 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who knows whats actually done to it???

It's possible that it's got 160kW at the wheels... Very possible...
ellen
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sat, 24 July 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its possible my civic has 600hp at the front right tire.

FACT - Its possible he went to a dodgy dyno, they set the rates so it would put out big figures just so he could go tel all his buddys how full sik his mum's shopping trolly is..

FACT - STANDARD 4agze SUPERCHARGES will NOT make more than 110kws at the wheels.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sat, 24 July 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What if it's not a stock sc???
What it it's not even a toyota sc???

I'm not trying to argue here at all man... Just saying that none of us know anything about the car so yeah...

Smile Smile Smile ...
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sat, 24 July 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i dont know shit about it either im guessing it stock 4a by looks but only way I would find out the true kw is to get it dynoed again when I buy it.
DR1FTIN
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sat, 24 July 2004 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could have a sc14 under the bonnet
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sun, 25 July 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well he said it was an over sized intercooler, not the original stock intercooler that came with the engine. Im not to sure but I think that the computer is an after market one. Its running 13pound boost, i would have thought it would have been a bit higher then that.

Its also done 14.9 in a 1/4mile run

But my conclusion is that he just went to a dodgy dyno operator, but would still have quite high kw/hp reading.

But yet again, what would i know.

Cheers
Chris

[Updated on: Sun, 25 July 2004 07:58]

ellen
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sun, 25 July 2004 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everyone will say this and that... but make sure you come back later in time and say to me - 'you were right'. Thats all i ask.

A standard supercharger on a 4agze will not run more than 14psi max.... most r lucky to obtain more than 12-13. The amount of heat generated at this amount of boost quickly out weighs the benifits. You end up going backwards.

Bigger intercool... yay. That will decrease the intake temps a little and make the running of more boost more effective.

BUT STILL ... as i've said before.. on a non bullshit dyno, with aftermarket ecu, big intercooler, 12psi pully, water spray and even a shot of pullyadick octane boost .. u will see a max of 110 but more likely around 105kw's at the Treads.

Thats the FACTS.

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sun, 25 July 2004 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if he did a 14.9 kW with 160kW at the wheels, then he has to be the worlds worst 1/4 mile driver and on top of that would have to be shifting at like 5000rpm.

Most 4agze FWD corollas do around mid-hig 14sec 1/4 miles. Tell him to take his 160kW and ram it up his rajar. Then ask for guarantee that it has 160kW atw, and then go test it at a reputable dyno shop and ask for a very hefy discount for his misrepresentation of the car he is selling.

160kW at the wheels would require a turbo, no SC running 13psi can acheive that, they have too much drag on the engine.
ellen
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Mon, 26 July 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanku! Smile
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Mon, 26 July 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This page:

http://home.comcast.net/~mr2_sc_dyno/dyno_page.htm

Has a fairly extensive list of real world dyno figures for 4AGZE engines (in mr2). Bear in mind that they are mainly American dynos and as such real a little higher than Aussie ones...
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Mon, 26 July 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree he is blowing shit up your ass i had the 4agze with front mount and pully kit on my seca pulled 108kws at wheels with 145hp. done a 14.9 1/4mile run to have 160kws you would need to upgrade to a turbo like i have just done and would need a half decent turbo to pull them kind of numbers as well.
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Mon, 26 July 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I'm gettin the car as I need one beacause of a crash on the weekend (not my fault) that wrote off my corona, 8g damage.

As for the 160kw I now know his bullshittin me about it but I dont know of any good dyno shops in the western sydney area as Ive never had to use them before, also how much roughly does it cost?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Mon, 26 July 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take the car based upon it's condition, maintenance history and mechanical fatigues - not it's dyno figures.

A dyno run costs around $60 at most places.

CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Mon, 26 July 2004 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the car is actually in pretty good condition: the body has only one minor dint/scratch that can hardly be seen, rust free.
Did have a body kit it was a dodgy shop job and I rather them without bodykits, other wise they look to ricey.

Engine has been regularly serviced since its been put in and only thing that needs to be fixed really is wheel alignment and new front shocks but brought the price down to compensate for that.

So overall im not just buyin it cause of the apparent kw reading and ive looked into everything else that i could think of at the time while i was talkin to the owner (just gota hope his not bullshitin me about some of the other shit as he did with the kw reading)
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Tue, 27 July 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

It depends on the dyno operator to he can configure a dyno to give false readings just ask the guy at dyno day 9 with the 300zx that had 250rwkw but could only get 180

And I have sat there so many times with him and seen this happen!
Quote:

As for the 160kw I now know his bullshittin me about it but I dont know of any good dyno shops in the western sydney area as Ive never had to use them before, also how much roughly does it cost?

Ahmm... Premier Auto, SAS, CAS,... List can go on...
Quote:

Min 1hr... So can you imagine my response when a w/shop wanted $100/hr FOR DRY HIRE? Twisted Evil was the answer!
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Thu, 29 July 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Mon, 26 July 2004 23:37

take the car based upon it's condition, maintenance history and mechanical fatigues - not it's dyno figures.

Sydney is too expensive! In adelaide, at Blackwood dyno (pretty reputable) it costs $30 for a power run. And you get 2 printouts!! Laughing
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Thu, 29 July 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisellis wrote on Fri, 23 July 2004 23:55

my guess is the flywheel, it would hve to have had some serious work to punch out 160kw at the wheels.. as for an 8pound pulley kit... well absolutly no difference as they already have one stock.

This is true but to get 8 pounds they actually reduced the size of the pulley on the SC instead of increasing the crank pulley size. So you can still fit the 175mm crank pulley as well and run even more than 8 pounds. I have both pulleys (AE92 engine)and I tested it once (maybe with a dodgy Boost Guage but, meh) and got a reading of just under 1 bar which is about 15psi Very Happy
I also worked out that compared to a standard 4agze this pulley configuration has the SuperCharger rotating 1500 more times at 6000rpm.

My car has also been dynoed and makes 175ps (around 130kw) at the wheels. If you want proof check out HPI issue 14 (with a white supra on the cover) at the MR2 dyno day at BD4's. The dyno was shown to be accurate as a stock standard SW20's run matched the quoted toyota figure.

Plus with a couple of issues resolved I might be able to crack 13 second quarter mile runs or get very close!
ellen
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Thu, 29 July 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only one hassle with what u said ben... BD4's dyno does read hi. No doubt about that.. ive seen lots of dodgy figures come from that dyno.

Also your 14.1 is a decent time down the 1/4 mile but with your "130kw's" at the wheels, that should really be a mid 13 without any hassle at all.

I've had mates with 4agte's in celica's and aw11's run mid to low 13's with around 130kws at the wheels.

The figures don't add up Smile

I'd love to see what your 4agze pulls at a Toymods Dyno Day. Those figures are as realistic as ive ever seen.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Thu, 29 July 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I wish I could have gone. F#*@ing work. But I need to get back to the drags aswell I used to have some baffles in the exhaust in an attempt to dull down the loud exhaust. But since taking it out I can feel a bit of a difference (more powah!).
Anyway next dyno day I will be there.

How heavy are your mates cars?
Mine is a bit lardy at 1200kg with me in it.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 July 2004 23:05]

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Fri, 30 July 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
>The dyno was shown to be accurate as a stock standard SW20's
>run matched the quoted toyota figure.

This sounds wrong. as motors never put out at the wheels what the manufactures say for the motor.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Fri, 30 July 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, they then calculated in the drivetrain loss and it came out to match the factory figure at the flywheel. Check out the magazine it does manage to explain it much better than I can. If you can't find it I'll try and fish it out of my collection and host an image of it.
ellen
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Sat, 31 July 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do u believe everything u read in articles??

This whole thread is still a load of ponypoo ... Close it someone!!
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Mon, 02 August 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, i got a GZE in the sprinter, the motor is an AFM onfrom the ae92, but i have the ae101 charger on it, not sure on what psi but i can't be anymore than 9. I fit boost gauge tomorrow. I ran a 15.45 with a g-tech so i can say if it 100% correct, but thats a stock rebuilt engine! only 1600k's on clock, guess kw to be high 80's low 90's at rear, so if this guys got 160 he should be pulling low 14's high 13's.

I know there is a difference and a rear wheel drive can get off the line better. but thats not quick enough for a 160fwkw car!

[Updated on: Mon, 02 August 2004 07:50]

CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: 160kw 4AGZE? Mon, 02 August 2004 12:23 Go to previous message
Well i bought the car cause i was really in need of one, someone crashed into my corona. So im going to fit a boost gauge in it soon as I get some spare money and then take it to get dyno tested. I just need to know of a good dyno operator in the Penrith/Emu Plains area if anyone can recommend of a good dyno operator around there, could you send me the details of the shop.

Cheers
Chris
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Noob questions: gear shifting
Next Topic:What toyotas had low coolant sensors?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 23:21:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078301429748535 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.