Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2UZ potential??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
2UZ potential?? Tue, 24 September 2002 08:58 Go to next message
Why has so much work been done on 1UZs but 2UZs never cop a mention??

A friend is looking at an engine conversion and to him a 4 litre is not quite big enough, so he likes the 4.7 litre 2UZ. Anyone have any experience with them? Do they have the same potential for serious power as a 1UZ? And price isn't too much of a problem for this guy, he understands whatever he does will cost serious money.

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2UZ potential?? Tue, 24 September 2002 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well... the best 1uz (out of the gs/ls/sc400) puts out better figures than the 2uz ... which is probably why so many people go for the 1uz instead (plus availability)
if he's looking for power... just point him toward the twin turbo 1uz.. that's a good way to spend money
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2UZ potential?? Tue, 24 September 2002 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if he is going turbo or supercharged route then the cast block of the 2UZ might suit him better than the alloy 1UZ.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2UZ potential?? Tue, 24 September 2002 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 1UZFE is bloody strong too. The thing with the 2UZFE is that it has a cast-iron block which is much heavier, and it is optimised for lower-down torque, hence it doesn't make as much power as the 1UZFE even though it has 700cc on it.
Manny
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2UZ potential?? Tue, 24 September 2002 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has he considered the 2UZ crank and liners in the 1UZ block as the yanks do for serious output? Scour clublexus for info.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 2UZ potential?? Tue, 24 September 2002 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info. The guy was always planning to go for twin turbos.

Rob why do you say that the cast block would be better for forced induction??

Hopefully can talk him into 1UZ block and 2UZ internals. Sounds fun.
RollaLevin
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: 2UZ potential?? Tue, 24 September 2002 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what I've read, the only useful parts on the 2uz are the heads as they flow marginally better than the 1uz items.

wouldn't a turbo 1uz be more than powerful enough anyway? Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2UZ potential?? Tue, 24 September 2002 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is an absolute mental TT 1UZ over here in Perth in an RA28 Celica. Ran a high 9-sec pass on a shake-down, if thats is any sort of indicator.
The engine didn't have any changes to it, although a little while later the head-studs gave way...everything else is fine though.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2UZ potential?? Wed, 25 September 2002 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 25 September 2002 09:31

There is an absolute mental TT 1UZ over here in Perth .....

JCMF, I believe the correct terminology is "fully sik". Very Happy

The 2UZ is a cast iron block and reputedly a bit stronger....apparently this is what the HKS drag car uses. It is allegedly a 1500 hp engine though. For more sedate purposes, the six bolt bottom end of the 1UZ looks pretty strong, and the head, well, you can always port it! Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2UZ potential?? Wed, 25 September 2002 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry GT, I stand corrected but I think its probably just a case of.."same shit, different smell"
Tundra
Newcomer

September 2003

Re: 2UZ potential?? Fri, 19 September 2003 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys I guess I was born in the wrong country for having a Toyota! I have a 2UZ Tundra. I know all you guys have cars but I'm trying to get my pickup to run 12's. I know I have to do some tranny work, but there is a serious lack of power add ons to the Toyota V8 here in the States. What kinda tips can you give me to get this beast up around 500hp (dunno what that is in kW).
stevevp
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2UZ potential?? Sat, 20 September 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One word "Kazuma" from TRD

http://ri.serveftp.org/ToyMods/Photos/cressida/2uz%20trd%20superchargertn.jpg
Tundra
Newcomer

September 2003

Re: 2UZ potential?? Sat, 20 September 2003 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know, but that setup is so limited. Are there any good Turbo setups in AU, that I can get? how bout other N/A engine components?
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2UZ potential?? Sat, 20 September 2003 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's my three words, 'LYSHOLM TWIN SCREW' Evil or Very Mad
Tundra
Newcomer

September 2003

Re: 2UZ potential?? Sat, 20 September 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where do I get on of these twin screws?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 2UZ potential?? Sun, 21 September 2003 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RollaLevin wrote on Wed, 25 September 2002 06:59

From what I've read, the only useful parts on the 2uz are the heads as they flow marginally better than the 1uz items.

The 1uz heads are better than the 2uz, thats why all the drag ones (the HKS and the Turbonetics Celica ) use 2uz bottom ends with 1uz heads and some huge turbos.

More info on Turbonetics Celica do a google search for "drag celica turbonetics"

http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0210tur_cove rcar/
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 2UZ potential?? Sun, 21 September 2003 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.turboneticsinc.com/dwnld/wallpaper/celica_side_800.jpg
Tundra
Newcomer

September 2003

Re: 2UZ potential?? Mon, 22 September 2003 03:05 Go to previous message
REn't the ttrd supercharger and 'LYSHOLM TWIN SCREW' The same thing?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Coversion Ae93 to 85 corolla
Next Topic:what to do with old oils and fluids.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 09:16:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050179958343506 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.