Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » does this sound like a f%#ed turbo?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

does this sound like a f%#ed turbo? Tue, 03 August 2004 12:14 Go to next message
ok, after a HARD track day on sunday ive been a little on the smokey side from the exhaust. then tonight i took it for another hard drive and ive got the following

-Smoke POURING out the exhaust aftyer boosting it. its oil smoke
-consuming oil
-pull up at the lights and its smokey
-oil on the intake pipe and compressor wheel
-excessive blowby on the engine

ive got a catch can, so there is no oil being breathed into the intake pipe from the engine, My theroy is the front seal is gone and its pressurising the oil system causing blowby and the above mentioned probs.

can anyone verify for me?

car still performs fine, pulls and boosts hard, and doesnt make any unusual noises....
  Send a private message to this user    
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: does this sound like a f%#ed turbo? Tue, 03 August 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there shouldnt be oil on the compressor wheel.. I got a nice metalic paste coming out of my compressor outlets Smiley =.... time to baby them thru engineering
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: does this sound like a f%#ed turbo? Tue, 03 August 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so front seal then?

the intake pipe, has oil all through it.... theres no way of oil getting into it other thent he turbo
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: does this sound like a f%#ed turbo? Tue, 03 August 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 22:14

My theroy is the front seal is gone and its pressurising the oil system causing blowby and the above mentioned probs.

i assume you mean the engine is breathing alot?

a blown turbo seal wont cause blowby as the oil system in an engine runs at a higher pressure then the amount of boost you would be running, so there is no way it could pressureize it.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: does this sound like a f%#ed turbo? Tue, 03 August 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then the blowby is prolly another issue alltogether Wink
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: does this sound like a f%#ed turbo? Tue, 03 August 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
already broke it simmo?

awwww your too tough on that sissy nissan engine

Very Happy

hehehe j/k
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: does this sound like a f%#ed turbo? Tue, 03 August 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it isnt broken if it still runs Razz
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: does this sound like a f%#ed turbo? Tue, 03 August 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMN 1 WEEK... you must have been thrashing it HARD!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad feel sorry for you dude!!!

wich i could help but im new to turbos Crying or Very Sad
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: does this sound like a f%#ed turbo? Tue, 03 August 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not that hard!
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: does this sound like a f%#ed turbo? Tue, 03 August 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like ur piston rings are buggered as theres excessive blowby means rins arent holding the oil in and its coming out the pcv valve and into the intake again , which explains the oil around the compressor blades

also again smoke at idle , and while getting off boost is another dead giveaway of a turbo packing up

also blue smoke with a really bad stink usually means turbo is on its way out also accompanied by a loud squeeling noise
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: does this sound like a f%#ed turbo? Wed, 04 August 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you read carefully you would have noticed that i have a catchcan and that thjere is no way that the cam covers can breathe into the intake pipe anymore.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: does this sound like a f%#ed turbo? Wed, 04 August 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would be highly unlikely to pressurise the crankcase from a leaking turbo compressor seal - pressurisation will come from blow-by.

are you sure the catchcan is still venting crankcase pressure? if it's not free-to-atmo then you'll fail the turbo seal, burn oil, blow smoke etc...

before pointing finger at rings, i'd check the plumbing.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 August 2004 12:44]

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: does this sound like a f%#ed turbo? Wed, 04 August 2004 22:02 Go to previous message
will do, cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:pros and cons of lightened flywheel? ae82 related
Next Topic:AE86 - Roll Center Adjusters with 30 mm track increase
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 11:49:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050599575042725 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.