Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
icon8.gif  Commadores annoy me Mon, 02 August 2004 14:22 Go to next message
What makes a Commadore think it has a chance against me as it pulls up to the lights? Now you might think me an asshole for having said that ( that guy thinks his car is the shit , what a wanker)but hear me out. I drive a 91 Soarer with a huge assed cannon muffler hanging off the back which would indicate to the commadore driver that it is probably the twin turbo model and that the mods exceed beyond the exhaust. But none the less they pull up besides me constantly flash me a greasy look an always feel the need to take off at top speed (not that impressive in a commadore) and if it happens to be a weekend night , there are usualy a collection of assorted dick heads in the back seat prompting me to " REV IT UP MATE, GIVE IT A GO" or some other moderately retarded phrase in a effort to get me race them.
This happens a lot, what the fuck is up with it?
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Commadores annoy me Mon, 02 August 2004 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pushrod power??? Confused

They are probably trying to egg you on so that they can see a quick car take off. I know I used to do that a little in my old soarer when I pulled up next to nice cars like supras etc.
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Commadores annoy me Mon, 02 August 2004 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I truly and honestly believe it's a faulty gene they have... why else would they all love (with all their hearts) such a clearly inferior product?
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 01:00

They are probably trying to egg you on so that they can see a quick car take off. I know I used to do that a little in my old soarer when I pulled up next to nice cars like supras etc.

I do that sometimes... The last time was a Corvette Stingray. I wanted to hear the beautiful American V8 exhaust under load.
Evil or Very Mad
I took off quick in the Cressida and heard a bang under the bonnet as my radiator shroud hit the fan and bits of plastic flew everywhere. Embarassed
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 00:22

What makes a Commadore think it has a chance against me as it pulls up to the lights? Now you might think me an asshole for having said that ( that guy thinks his car is the shit , what a wanker)but hear me out. I drive a 91 Soarer with a huge assed cannon muffler hanging off the back which would indicate to the commadore driver that it is probably the twin turbo model and that the mods exceed beyond the exhaust. But none the less they pull up besides me constantly flash me a greasy look an always feel the need to take off at top speed (not that impressive in a commadore) and if it happens to be a weekend night , there are usualy a collection of assorted dick heads in the back seat prompting me to " REV IT UP MATE, GIVE IT A GO" or some other moderately retarded phrase in a effort to get me race them.

the general consensus is they are fucking idiots.. they do it to me aswell.. even though mine sais turbo on the back.. but then again i guess they would think its the shitty 84 turbo engine and not a 1jz in my car.

They probably have no idea there is even a twin turbo model.. they arent they cluey on the cars...

a case of
Teh commonwhore can nevar l0se.... until raced by anything other than 4 cl n/a's
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the faulty gene theory. Its as if all the bogan commadore owners got together and decided to start a bad stereotype of that car , i just don't get it... I don't think Holden intended that car for any sort of performance driving, there nothing more that slow assed family cars.

Maybe, just maybe a suped up commadore owner will read this thread and see the error of his ways and we'll have one less on the road on Saturday nights making asses out of themselves... I can only hope...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*resists posting that pick of the 2 wankers beside the silver vs*
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had lots of arguments over the years with Holden people, and what it comes down to is that they are simply idiots... they fail to see the (major!) flaws in Holden and fail to see the merits in Toyota.

Oh, about that 'can't beat anybody who isn't an N/A 4cyl'... I beat a stock auto VL in my 5spd Camira once, but it was a fluke.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beer_is_good wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 16:26

I've had lots of arguments over the years with Holden people, and what it comes down to is that they are simply idiots... they fail to see the (major!) flaws in Holden and fail to see the merits in Toyota.

Oh, about that 'can't beat anybody who isn't an N/A 4cyl'... I beat a stock auto VL in my 5spd Camira once, but it was a fluke.

i mean the holdens cant beat anything but a 4 cyl n/a Smile
vl and camira are both holdens anyway so boo Razz
jokin
I have arguments at work all the time about holden being crap.. well not crap.. just shit compared to other car companies
with SOOOOO much proof.. and they just stop listenning
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 16:39

i mean the holdens cant beat anything but a 4 cyl n/a Smile
vl and camira are both holdens anyway so boo Razz
jokin
I have arguments at work all the time about holden being crap.. well not crap.. just shit compared to other car companies
with SOOOOO much proof.. and they just stop listenning

I beat this dickhead with a VL with my 5-Spd Camry once. he was picking on me because of my hub caps, he got a bit pissed off when I told him the 17inch chromies he had on his VL were worth more then his car! He started telling me all this shit that he reckoned was done to his car and I'm like "your a tool I don't care!" then he comes up saying it would beat your puss bucket and I said "we'll see" light turned green, floored it flat changed in to second Camry chirped as i did this then changed into third but backed off because of a red light I beat him, all you could hear was this very noisy heap of shit 6-cyl VL then he had the nerve to pull up next to me and say you didn't take off properly and I said "race again?" but he would I mean total fuckhead! seriously, what gives him the right to pull up next to me and pick on my car? It may only be a Camry but your only driving a Commodore there not special go out and buy a 95 Supra then you may have bragging rights! Rolling Eyes Very Happy
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hahah i got a commo there no sports car Razz

there a family car (but for the price they are, and wat they are there no bad )

hahah and the reson you beat a VL is becuase there slow, crap and should be blown up Razz

oh and old toyota are nice but the new ones just suck apart from a few Razz
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As long as they stay family cars, as with Falcons, I don't have a problem with them.
The gentlemen and ladies that have VX wagons and the like are cool.
But as soon as they start turning into performance or sports cars, then I get annoyed.
V8 Supercars is a prime example... and we all know what happened 15 years ago.
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've beat up on so many commodores its hard to remember them all , but one that sticks out was when a tough commodore did a typical fly past for no apparent reason, then hung back and asked my if i had a turbo , I just looked over an flattened it and let the noise of the turbos screaming answer his question. Then at the next set of lights he still thought he had a game an tried to race me only to be slaughtered by about 5 car lengths over 100 or so meters.. stupid fool.... Twisted Evil
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

can somsone tell me these flaws so i have some dirt on future common arguments?
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 18:10

I've beat up on so many commodores its hard to remember them all , but one that sticks out was when a tough commodore did a typical fly past for no apparent reason, then hung back and asked my if i had a turbo , I just looked over an flattened it and let the noise of the turbos screaming answer his question. Then at the next set of lights he still thought he had a game an tried to race me only to be slaughtered by about 5 car lengths over 100 or so meters.. stupid fool.... Twisted Evil

hahah your starting to sound like the sterotype for a commo driver

tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im just beating them at there own game , they always initiate the bullshit and if I'm in the mood will finish it off promptly
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how mod is your car

Quote:

slaughtered by about 5 car lengths over 100

must be a fair bit to beat it by that much

and when u think about a soarer is a more sporty and faster commo
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is a 1jz powered 91 Soarer. the car has an FMIC and is boosting at 1 bar, with a bit of an intake and an exhaust off the 'Y' pipe off the turbos including a high flow catalytic converter. 5 car lengths might have been a bit of an exaggeration but i did say "about" when i described the distance, but it was an asskicking none the less
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's not so much the car I hate, it's the drivers, there attitude "I have a Commodore, it's the best" it gets annoying. is it just me or when you hear about a high speed police chase or high speed crash most of the time its a Commodore involed?
gary
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 00:22

you mate are a true fuck wit.its obvious that you think your fantastic.why dont you give a decent commodore a run? i will stick my hand up for that.as an ex- toyota onwer and previously a regular user of the site (well nearly 5 years ago Smile)i find your attitude really shitty.

you are a cock.
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well gary the fact that where you should have an avatar it says new comer i find that hard to believe, you sound like an ass clown
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon the car's arent all that bad, modded VL's look decent (mate has a 5.7L VL)...so it must be all the drivers thinking they are THE SHIT, or Mark Skaife (any commo driver after '95). Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2004 10:10]

tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and Gary , if you singed up just to vent your hatred upon me I'm flattered , but you are still an assclown, and the reason i have never raced a decent commodore is because no have appeared before me, turbo ones don't count there a Nissan creation, and ive killed my fair share of those too anyway.

peace out dickhole
gary
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer
listen hear fuckwit. your a cock. simple as that. think i've never been here before? look in the photos for the first dyno day. pics of one of my old cars is in there. moz wired up my old 20v... rod (toyman ) bought an old celica i had.

so put up or shut up tosser Razz
gary
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2004 10:21]

gary
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 20:18

Oh and Gary , if you singed up just to vent your hatred upon me I'm flattered , but you are still an assclown, and the reason i have never raced a decent commodore is because no have appeared before me, turbo ones don't count there a Nissan creation, and ive killed my fair share of those too anyway.

peace out dickhole

good on ya poo boy.

post ya time slip? yeah i thought so.....

your a tool
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 19:38

well gary the fact that where you should have an avatar it says new comer i find that hard to believe, you sound like an ass clown

not taking any sides here but he registered 2 years before you, just because there's not a pic of a 'kawaii dorifto neko' doesn't mean hes a noob.
gary
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was here in the old ezyboard days...... Shocked
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Time slip ? i dont have one but i can take a photo of me standing next to my car with all the listed mods with a sign saying "gary is a winging vagina" good enough? and What i meant was where there should be an avatar Photo it did say "Necomer" " now he has posted on the account a few times and it says " Occasional Poster"
gary
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your still a cock.

no time slip? Laughing Laughing Laughing

what about dyno results? Mad Mad Mad

can you even drive? we know your a good keyboard warrior Surprised

hope you'll say all this to my face...
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 20:08

I reckon the car's arent all that bad, modded VL's look decent (mate has a 5.7L VL)...so it must be all the drivers thinking they are THE SHIT, or Mark Skaife (any commo driver after '95). Rolling Eyes

in Toowoomba its starting to spread from the VL's onward, has been for some time. (unfortunately) I think its rather sad that as the VL is my favorite model Commodore its hard to find one in good nic here now.
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 19:58

Time slip ? i dont have one but i can take a photo of me standing next to my car with all the listed mods with a sign saying "gary is a winging vagina" good enough? and What i meant was where there should be an avatar Photo it did say "Necomer" " now he has posted on the account a few times and it says " Occasional Poster"

Take a look under your name - you also have posted on your account a few times and are an occasional poster. Sorry to say but it's you who is acting like the stereotypical commo driver here.
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gary I don't have a dyno sheet either , and about you wanting to hurt me for saying how stupid commadore drivers are, shouldnt you try an stop the stereotype of the commodore driver that yells and rants at the lights? i dont force them to act this way they just do and it so happens they all drive the same type of car.....and the fact remains i do drive the car i claim and do have a license
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the only pic i could find on my comp right now... that's the old engine
http://img23.exs.cx/img23/6701/jos.jpg
http://img23.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img23&image=jos .jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2004 10:41]

shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah this has got funny

ttsoarer posted up say how he hates commo and there drivers cus they think there car is top shit and then go on to tell everone his car is top shit Razz

heheheh ahahahah awwwwww

then gary is doing the ttsoarer thing bagging him cus he think his car is top shit.

i wanna join

my car is the best it will blow all you away so back down Smile

Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, this thread just turned bad.
There was a generalization made that Commodore drivers act like fools, think they are all Mark Skaife and believe they have the best car on the road... that's a pretty accurate generalization too.
Gary and tyottsoarer, sort your differences out with private messages if you wish, this is a Holden bagging thread!!
Very Happy
As for the flaws:
-Shiny shell over a clearly family car chassis
-Engine is a joke, wild tolerances, bad design/materials, pushrod engines are limited, general quality stinks
-This carries on to driveline, the auto shifting is harsh to say the least, noisy and vibrates a lot, manual transmissions lack confidence, etc.
-Electronics, wow, what a disaster
-Steering, suspension, loose, weak, badly tuned
-Interior is probably the best bit of the car though still mostly sucks
-Power, driveability, they all sound exactly the same
-General build quality is severely lacking, I've heard a lot of bad news and had first-hand experience with my Camira (the worst), Kingswoods and Commodores. Design is poor, where a Toyota engine bay is logical, innovative and practical, a Holden engine bay is 'put the engine there and try to fit everything else in, never mind if hte wires change colours'.

The list could go on, but the basic theme is poor design, poor build quality, and incorrect application (ie trying to turn a family car into a sports/performance car).

The VL had the best engine of the lot, even though it's just a Nissan it sh-ts on anything Holden ever made.
The Monaro... I don't know, I think Holden almost made an alright car there, CONCEPTUALLY, even if they lack the build quality still and the new ones are two-door Commodores.

Just my 2c...
Adrian
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile like the color of that one, they do up very nice the VL's I love the front ends on them especally the Calias front ends
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shoot wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 20:46

hahah this has got funny

ttsoarer posted up say how he hates commo and there drivers cus they think there car is top shit and then go on to tell everone his car is top shit Razz

heheheh ahahahah awwwwww

then gary is doing the ttsoarer thing bagging him cus he think his car is top shit.

i wanna join

my car is the best it will blow all you away so back down Smile

Laughing fear my twin cam twin thermo fan Toyota Camry! 88kw of raw power!
Razz Laughing
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beer_is_good wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 20:46

There was a generalization made that Commodore drivers act like fools, think they are all Mark Skaife and believe they have the best car on the road... that's a pretty accurate generalization too.
Gary and tyottsoarer, sort your differences out with private messages if you wish, this is a Holden bagging thread!!
Very Happy
As for the flaws:
-Engine is a joke, wild tolerances, bad design/materials, pushrod engines are limited, general quality stinks
-This carries on to driveline, the auto shifting is harsh to say the least, noisy and vibrates a lot, manual transmissions lack confidence, etc.
-General build quality is severely lacking, I've heard a lot of bad news and had first-hand experience with my Camira (the worst), Kingswoods and Commodores. Design is poor, where a Toyota engine bay is logical, innovative and practical, a Holden engine bay is 'put the engine there and try to fit everything else in, never mind if hte wires change colours'.

The list could go on, but the basic theme is poor design, poor build quality, and incorrect application (ie trying to turn a family car into a sports/performance car).

The VL had the best engine of the lot, even though it's just a Nissan it sh-ts on anything Holden ever made.
The Monaro... I don't know, I think Holden almost made an alright car there, CONCEPTUALLY, even if they lack the build quality still and the new ones are two-door Commodores.

Just my 2c...
Adrian

mmmm your Just my 2c... so there no flaws there your flaws on the car

ok now listed all the toyota flaws

Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come again?
I assume you want me to list Toyota flaws.

-Conservative design, especially power-wise
-Radiators
-Interior often boring

This doesn't fall across the whole range of Toyotas though.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2004 11:01]

shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and wat you said does it fall across the whole holden range
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beer_is_good wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 20:46

Very Happy
As for the flaws:

Just my 2c...
Adrian

the biggest problem I found with my WB Holden was just how cold that 202 could be! something shocking! Took it a while to get warm once it was warm it ran lovely, was never a sports car but wasn't to bad for a stock motor, the other thing was the electricals but just about everyone with a old holden i know has had that problem

this is whatt i find:
the 3l Nissan motor was the best motor holden had (reliabilty wise)
VN auto is very harsh (every VN I have driven with an auto 3 of them)
the VR SS I drove (if this is suppose to be a sports car it's got bad handling for one), be more so suited for towing a caravan or boat which it would do at ease.
I do find alot of Commodore drivers are up themselves, not all but it's the wankers that give the Commodore a bad name unfortunatly
Commodores that are family cars (some) or owned buy a old person can be a good buy

and also the new Monaro is not a Monaro its a two door Commodore the old Monaros are classics!

man your opinions are similar to mine Smile

Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Generally, yes.
From about VT onwards they've improved things a lot, all over the range, especially electronics, but the quality signs are still there.
Either way, the 'just my 2c' comment was saying you should take it with a pinch of salt, believe it if you want, I believe they are opinions based on solid facts, as I'm a very diplomatic person.
I have a lot of respect for Toyota because they have always built reliable, purpose-built cars that are at the top of their category, they've been successful in motorsport and it all comes down to quality and innovation, two things I don't think Holden has.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the commo engine is made to pull things around, i dont see any soarers with a tow bar...

FAMILY! NOT RACE!

what about ford? XR6's? Laser 4WD Turbos?

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2004 11:21]

Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ford have similar problems, though I don't mind the engines, and the new ones seem to be pretty damn good... finally embracing multiple cams!
I haven't driven a new XR6 so I can't really gauge how good they are but I generally have more respect for Ford for three reasons:
1) The GT40
2) The Mustang
3) The fact that the owners don't gee the cars up more than they're worth.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4) Ford XB Interceptor!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beer_is_good wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 21:18

Generally, yes.
From about VT onwards they've improved things a lot, all over the range, especially electronics, but the quality signs are still there.
Either way, the 'just my 2c' comment was saying you should take it with a pinch of salt, believe it if you want, I believe they are opinions based on solid facts, as I'm a very diplomatic person.
I have a lot of respect for Toyota because they have always built reliable, purpose-built cars that are at the top of their category, they've been successful in motorsport and it all comes down to quality and innovation, two things I don't think Holden has.

my opinions is just what I have found with the cars, I have never driven a VX onwards Commodore but they might not be a bad car but then again they might be a piece of shit too, so I'll only Complain if I find something about that model after driving one, but there are people who will comment about a car because its not a certain brand etc with out driving one. I too have alot of respect for Toyota as there built to last. look at all the old Toyotas still getting around very cheap too run and have very realiable motors. Most of the cars you see broken down on the side of the road is usally a holden or ford (not trying to start an argument) the Jap cars (especally Toyota) seem to just leave the Aussie cars for dead for reliabilty

my 2 cents
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
problems I have found with fords
XE Falcon auto changes to soon but changes smoothly
old Falcons seems to use a bit of fuel but hey big motor
Old School Lasers 1 I drove and another one was a passenger shocking ride and handling
door handles on XD-XF come off to easily
EA electricals

besides that the falcons seem to be a rather good car not as reliable as a Jap car but more reliable then the majority of Commodores. I think with the Falcon its the way it's driven ones that have been looked after seem to live for years but ones that haven't been looked after die after awhile
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats with any car

had a old rolla went around the clock 4 times with the ks

got a vn 240 k still runinng fine

pulasr q 189 piece of shit new motor needed

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2004 12:00]

Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very funny, next door had an EA, ex-taxi.
When it was finally taken to the wreckers, steering would grate and smoke would come from somewhere in there, gearbox wouldn't change most of the time and when it would it would give you whiplash, engine was dead, the whole car was literally falling to pieces... but 900,000km does that to a car.

Another thing that got me about Toyotas was that Top Gear video of the Hilux.
They parked it in the Bristol Channel, dropped a caravan on it, drove it through a shed, hit it with a wrecking ball, set it on fire, did something else to it, and it still drove.
Then they parked it on top of a 240ft building, and demolished the building.
The rolled it off the rubble stack, hooked a battery up, and the bastard started... and they drove it into the studio.

gary
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know commodores are taxis. i dont have a problem with that,and well,i've probably owned more toytas than 90% of the people on here... but this is a toyota forum so i expect it to be one sided. but when some dick head opens his idiot mouth and cant back his claims up...what do ya do... i have a vp daily driver with 415000k's any it drives great.i had a ae82 with a 4ag and that thing had done 380k on the original motor and still went strong.well as strong as the little shit boxes go Evil or Very Mad
lexus,sorry soarer, lets see, over weight under steering barge Embarassed

toyota crown.... now theres something to be proud of. Very Happy

no need to go on. i'll just take my 1270 kg car with 550ft of TORQUE and tow my caravan home Razz

merry christmas Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2004 12:38]

tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Proof
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/586000-586999/586452_18_full.jpg
i do acctualy drive the car i claim Surprised
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing nice work ttsoarer...

Can anyone see my pic above? coz i cant Crying or Very Sad
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

lexus,sorry soarer, lets see, over weight under steering barge

as i said just like a commo Razz
gary
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 03 August 2004 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 22:48

Proof
i do acctualy drive the car i claim Surprised

geez... he can spell..... did your mum write that for you? Laughing Laughing

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL619/2456224/4858458/62107911.jpg

ooh.look,i'm driving my car too. but i built mine. your mummy must have bought yours at a white goods sale Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

your still a pillow bitter Shocked

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2004 22:19]

coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 04 August 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

lets get a showdown happening

tyottsoarer i know there are many dickhead commodore drivers but there are just a many dickhead toyota drivers out there

i'll back up the holden power have you ever heard a supercharged 5.7l going flat out on the dyno? they sound fkn mean and i wouldnt be laughing at 500hp atw

how many soarers do you hear with overkil exaust sytems that sound like a fart in a milo tin, then again how manyauto commo's do you see with a droning 3" and a shift light Laughing

at the end of the day its what ever floats your boat dude if they
pull up next to you ignore them and let them thrash there mums cars

just my opinion
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 04 August 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gary, all my previous posts would suggest I can already spell and string together coherent sentences. As for my mum buying my car? well no, I wish she had but alas I had to save and buy it myself Shocked and did she write the sign? Rolling Eyes Well Gay thats just stupid to suggest that my mum would have the time or the interest to write out a sign saying "hello gary" place it in the engine bay of her sons car for the sack a forum argument Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 04 August 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just to clarify, I can't see how a soarer which cost about $100k when new could be classed in the same field as a normal commodore? Obviously they are both heavy but that is about the only similarities that I can see. Soarer is more comparable to a HSV grange or something like that.

Gary that commodore looks pretty sweet mate! Smile

I don't think it is really possible to have a way oversized exhaust on a soarer unless you have a 2jz-ge model with a 4" exhaust or something stupid like that. But the 1jz especially loves the bigger exhausts. Just look at the gains you get from twin dump pipes Smile

Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 04 August 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gary, the difference there is you actually have a good example and so the comments you make are from pride and knowledge not ignorance like a lot of 3" VL drivers...
The moral of the story is it's a generalization, there are exceptions and both parties are guilty.
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 04 August 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Chris Davey, thanks for standing up for the Soarer. Also this post started out saying I have a problem with commodore DRIVERS and the way they ACT in G'd up cars, I never made any reference to Commodores themselves (except for saying as they try to speed of its not impressive) or that every Commodore driver does this. I said it just happens a lot and that it pisses me off
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Who owns FLWOOL? Sydney RED SX
Next Topic:random call from the police
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:34:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.009876012802124 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.