Toymods » Track Talk » MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
icon10.gif  MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Sun, 01 August 2004 08:03 Go to next message
Well....

Yesterday was a beaut day, sun shining, not too cold and a perfect day for a drive.

Spent the morning washing the car, got it all spruced up as I'd promoised to take my Dad for a drive in my car, and I felt 4 months after I bought it it was about time to come good on that promise Smile

Anyway....pulled the targa off, cranked the tunes(listening to "The Verve" which is the only music me & Dad can agree on)started off from Hornsby leisurely drive along, hit the 80 zone and was having a great chat to Dad, then Old Pac then goes single lane, for quite a while @ 80. So then all of a sudden up in my rear mirror pops a Blue Commy SS, a Lime green Falcon GTP & some other random V8 beast.

Since they wouldn't overtake(me on red P's + conservatively driving parent in car) me they just sat in tow.

The road started to get windy, but I didn't let off the accelerator one bit, whilst staying right on 80. I'd never driven my MR2 on the Old Pac before and it was soooo stable!

I noticed that the SS was lagging behind on the corners, then caught up in the straights(speeding to catch up I might add). It started getting to the nice windy S's and I lost all of them completely! All the cars fell a good 50-100m's back on the windy bits of road!

The whole experience was an absolute blast! Even my Dad had fun! So we kept up the friendly stouche all the way to Road Warriors were we pulled off for some food, the SS kept on going, a friendly wave from each party and we parted.

A good fun drive on the Old Pac, what Saturday arvo driving is all about really.

So on windy roads as you would expect SW20 : 1 - SS Commy : 0

Just thought I'd share Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Sun, 01 August 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a very similar situation to what i was having with steve (wagonist) on the same stretch of road.

At every corner a set of headlights would just appear behind me out of nowhere!!!! Laughing
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Mon, 02 August 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the Caldina will do that to you
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Mon, 02 August 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd pull over and let them pass. could have been the police.
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Mon, 02 August 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A tear and a tissue for the SS driver... it's hard work steering a power boat around tight corners.
(NB - tight = <150 degrees Very Happy)
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Mon, 02 August 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Mon, 02 August 2004 17:04

i'd pull over and let them pass. could have been the police.

I wasn't ever actually speeding(dont want to waste points, I'm nearly on Green P's...yay), if it was the cops they had numerous opertunities to pass, and a quick flash of lights and I woulda pulled over.

My guess was 3 V8 brutes, all close to each other. Mates out for a weekend drive.

Hey we all had fun and did it legally. Smile
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Wed, 04 August 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like fun,next time u go out i may have to join you, i went out about 2 months ago on the old pac run, forgot how much fun it really was.
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Wed, 04 August 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
were is this road
i live near castle hill so it sounds like its close Smile
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Wed, 04 August 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
olihaub wrote on Wed, 04 August 2004 21:54

were is this road
i live near castle hill so it sounds like its close Smile

Mate it starts at Berowra or so....just out side of Hornsby, its about 20 minutes drive for you to the start of it.

You can do what I did and drive for about 30-40 minutes to Mt White and stop for some damn fine food, and a look at some mean 2 wheel beasts, there must have been at least 60 bikes there when we stopped, they are all done up real nice. You get a lot of burnouts and wheelies around there at lunch Very Happy

Or you can continue to Gosford, and I think it goes all the way to Newcastle, but I've never been that far down it.

Its not uncommon to get overtaken by a bike on 2 wheels, especially on the straight near Mt Colah train station. Its happened to me twice...damn speed limits. But its kool to watch

I've got some new Cusco strut bars, so hopefully I'll get even better reponse to my handling in corners now Very Happy

2REVUP - I'll let you know next time I go, I'm thinking about making it a bi-weekly thing as the Sydney traffic really sh*@s me day after day, this is great stress relief!

[Updated on: Wed, 04 August 2004 12:04]

Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Wed, 04 August 2004 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM me when you are thinking of going up the old pac too. We could have an MR2 gathering. Plus, I wouldn't mind checking out some of your sw20's Smile .
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Thu, 05 August 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me too, live close by and have seen you driving down the pacific highway once or twice. good to stretch the old gte's legs
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Thu, 05 August 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It doesn't go all the way to newy but is a good run up Petes ridge rd.

Also PM me next time there is an old pac run
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Thu, 05 August 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheStitt wrote on Thu, 05 August 2004 15:55

Also PM me next time there is an old pac run

ditto Smile
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Thu, 05 August 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me 3.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Thu, 05 August 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok how about this sunday(8th) arvo? Maybe around 2pm, meet where the sprinter guys meet behind thornleigh RTA... Go all the way up to gosford and maybe come back through wiseman's ferry. Or come back the freeway and make a detour through kuringai national park. (you don't have to pay if you say you are driving straight through)

Any other suggestions are clearly welcome.

PS sorry to hijack your thread

[Updated on: Thu, 05 August 2004 10:55]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Thu, 05 August 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dammit......just not this weekend....

car is broken and rego is due monday!
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Fri, 06 August 2004 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought i would have my car this weekend and i would of said yup but i cant be sure if i will have it back but i can say yes to next weekend for sure!!!

so how does the 15th sound to everyone its a sunday. at maybe 1pm at thornliegh maccas

Quote:

meet where the sprinter guys meet behind thornleigh RTA... Go all the way up to gosford and maybe come back through wiseman's ferry. Or come back the freeway and make a detour through kuringai national park. (you don't have to pay if you say you are driving straight through)

Alchemist - agreeded this is my stress relif as well, i come back with a huge smaile on my face, its just so refreshing.

Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Fri, 06 August 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah bugger Ill be at work unless I can make arrangements..
15th is ok for now
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Thu, 12 August 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wanna get the new suspension in before i tackle it again. My cars front shocks are GAWWWWWWWWWWWWN, and its a soft as a fairy, can push it up and down with ease! not good.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: MR2 VS Commodore SS - Old Pac Run Fri, 13 August 2004 08:37 Go to previous message
Yea 15th sounds good, see this cruise info in Cruises & Events section.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=42665&start=0&rid=1883&S=5e442373eb8 d458bf6d9290f69209619

[Updated on: Fri, 13 August 2004 09:20]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:A tale of suburbs...
Next Topic:Had My Car Dynoed
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 02:59:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046391487121582 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.