Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
icon10.gif  Out with the old...In with the nucleus Thu, 05 August 2004 04:52 Go to next message
Today i recived some news from the radiator place that would make most people very sad/angry. There is a small hole in one of the water jackets in the side of my motor and this is causing it to leak coolant, and to make matters worse my head is totally fucked, it has failed a Co2 test which means that exhuast gasses are getting into the coolant which essentially means my head is royally fucked.

This is bad yes?

NO

See my car is under warranty from the importer/wrecker i purchased my car from, upon delivering him the bad news i asked "what options do I have?" he told me that i can either put in another 1GGTE or one with a 5 Speed, or i could just be done with it and do the 1JZ conversion, naturally my eyes lit up when i heard that word but then my wallet started to cry when i thought of the costs involved, just out of curiosity i asked how much it was gonna cost, he told me that the motor would be a $300 difference in price, the labour would be free becuase mine would have to come out anyway and the only other thing I would have to pay for will be to have the tailshaft shortened, my exhasut modified and the wiring.

All up inbetween $1200-$1000

not bad for a full 1JZ conversion Very Happy

Right now I have a smile from ear to ear and I dont think it could be wiped off with a brick.

What i actually wanted to know, does anyone know of a decent person to get wiring done becuase i reckon i might be able to get it done a bit cheaper, dont say fours and more becuase i have already tried them
  Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Out with the old...In with the nucleus Thu, 05 August 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's friggin' awesome dude! That's the type of news all of us want to hear one day Very Happy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Out with the old...In with the nucleus Thu, 05 August 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a great deal to me Shocked Drive it to Brisbane and i'll do the wiring for ya Wink
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Out with the old...In with the nucleus Thu, 05 August 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i am pretty stoked, i am just glad I found this out now and not 1 month from now, otherwhise i would have been fucked.

As for the trip to brisbane, well...Ill pass dude but thanks anyway, any chance of you having a wiring diagram for a 1GGTE Auto - 1JZGTE Auto??
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Out with the old...In with the nucleus Thu, 05 August 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but you gotta wonder what kind of workshop that place is given the condition of your car when you got it. Where did you get it from btw?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Out with the old...In with the nucleus Thu, 05 August 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really I dont give a fuck becuase i get another three months warranty on the new engine and box, so if that is fuckend then i will just keep getting new ones.

But this motor was a bit of a fucker and ive seen the 1JZ's he gets in and they are pretty farken decent.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Out with the old...In with the nucleus Thu, 05 August 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sideshow is the man for wiring. Ask him if he's doing a trip to Adelaide any time soon.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Out with the old...In with the nucleus Thu, 05 August 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sideshow?? is that his name on the forums??
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Out with the old...In with the nucleus Thu, 05 August 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ's are uber!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Out with the old...In with the nucleus Thu, 05 August 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danish wrote on Thu, 05 August 2004 15:19

1JZ's are uber!

WERD

I just hope this dude doesnt fuck me around with this cos i am mega hyped up about it, i rekon i will break his farken legs if he screws me...
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Out with the old...In with the nucleus Thu, 05 August 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'd have to be a harsh cnut to tell someone what he told you and then back out of it. You'll never be satisfied with a 1G now... It will either work out or it will be a case of the "what might have beens". Confused
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Out with the old...In with the nucleus Thu, 05 August 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or a case of ill break his fucken kneecaps if he fucks me over... Very Happy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Out with the old...In with the nucleus Thu, 05 August 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think they sound dodgy, i think they sound very reasonable. you cant say they are bad cause they gave him a bad engine, how were they to know? the car was probably run without coolant its whole life then they put coolant in it and cleaned it up at the auctions. its hard to know some things without stripping the engine down.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Out with the old...In with the nucleus Thu, 05 August 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well they can strip the motor down if they want but it doesnt really matter, the head is clearly fuked.

THey are not dodgey BTW good people and were more than happy to replace the motor for me.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Out with the old...In with the nucleus Thu, 05 August 2004 07:01 Go to previous message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 05 August 2004 15:38

sideshow?? is that his name on the forums??

Clicky-clicky
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cheap freighting from perth to melb
Next Topic:The Police
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 11:45:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057599544525146 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.