Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Just got a bit chopped by an mk3(marone with chrome? 17's) you on here?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Just got a bit chopped by an mk3(marone with chrome? 17's) you on here? Sun, 01 August 2004 12:40 Go to next message
Marone Ma70 with 17 inch chromies i think.. are you on here?, if so whats done to your car?

Was on my way home from willbo's tonight with a boot full of mz10 spares and pulled up next to an mk3 supra(i had no passenger, but ma70 had a chick in passenger seat)..
Took off from the lights, he got the jump on me and pulled just over a car length ahead straight off lights.
I managed as usual to get a shit start(bunny hopped off the line and then it bogged down and lost all revs, almost stalling) and then put too much throttle down and spin all the way through 1st also trying not to put too much strain on gearbox as its doing weird things.
got to half way through 3rd(using only about 6k rpm in each gear) before we backed off and he was about a car and a half ahead.
This is my 1st drag race with a car that has been half formiddable and it looked bloody nice too.
Id love to have another go at it once i learn to launch.

Good race Smile
I think my car would be faster if an equal skill driver were in each, he was obviously the better drag racer
I think i better practise some more Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 01 August 2004 12:59]

Send a private message to this user    
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Just got a bit chopped by an mk3(marone with chrome? 17's) you on here? Sun, 01 August 2004 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soft
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Just got a bit chopped by an mk3(marone with chrome? 17's) you on here? Sun, 01 August 2004 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boris wrote on Mon, 02 August 2004 00:29

soft

hehe Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Just got a bit chopped by an mk3(marone with chrome? 17's) you on here? Mon, 02 August 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 7 can nevah lose! Laughing

get some practise mate Smile I have another engine and will hopefully be working again in the near future!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Just got a bit chopped by an mk3(marone with chrome? 17's) you on here? Mon, 02 August 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 02 August 2004 12:13

The 7 can nevah lose! Laughing

get some practise mate Smile I have another engine and will hopefully be working again in the near future!

sweet
yeah.. ive just gotta learn to launch
been getting different advice so ill try a few things
i was trying to launch really gently though as i think my gearbox crossmember is out of allignment
cant wait till ur car is going man
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Just got a bit chopped by an mk3(marone with chrome? 17's) you on here? Mon, 02 August 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one day mate, one day Smile
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Just got a bit chopped by an mk3(marone with chrome? 17's) you on here? Thu, 05 August 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
off the topic but Boris, what have you dont to the 3tgte? and what sort of times are you runnin in the thing?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Just got a bit chopped by an mk3(marone with chrome? 17's) you on here? Thu, 05 August 2004 23:24 Go to previous message
riceburna73 wrote on Thu, 05 August 2004 23:34

off the topic but Boris, what have you dont to the 3tgte? and what sort of times are you runnin in the thing?

he has exhaust and cooler... with a manual w55?
hasnt run it.. but its fast
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Corona JUST got beat by a V8 VH
Next Topic:followed by drunks
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 04:28:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036840438842773 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.