Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Bluetooth & Crap Cars Mon, 02 August 2004 22:22 Go to next message
Hi everyone, Very Happy

During my daily commute to work, I've have noticed lately a increase (I've seen two people Razz ) in people driving crap cars using those little bluetooth connecters they wear on their ear that flashes blue when they are talking.

Now the issue I have is:

1) They wear them in their right ear so other drivers can see them through the drivers window;
2) They have the window down so making it easier to see the blue flashing thingmebob;
3) I feel they are attention seeking wankers. I believe they are using the blue flashing light to draw attention to themselves whilst sitting in traffic. Oooo look at me, my ear is flashing! What, so when you see it flashing, you know the wanker is 'connected'. Oh, don't disturb he/she's having an important conversation!
4) Having bluetooth in your ear does not detract from the fact you are driving a crap box car, therefore you do not look;
1) Loaded No No No
2) Important No No No
3) Trendy No No No
4) will Smith in iRobot No No No

No, you look like a tryhard dickhead. Nod

Suggestions:

1) At least move the bluetooth to your left ear so we don't have to look at you and laugh;
2) Remove it altogether;
3) At least get a decent car so you don't so tryhardish. Bluetooth is a hightech 21st century communications device. Therefore you must drive a 21st century or similar vehicle.

I'd like to know your opinions on this, whether from people like above or maybe you've seen it happen.

Thanks

Send a private message to this user    
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Mon, 02 August 2004 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What you should do is get a blue tooth control device Very Happy

then while their little blue flashy thing is doing its business...you take control and cause it to screech horribly Smile

There's a few nasty blue tooth 'controls' out there Very Happy
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Mon, 02 August 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just out of curiosity are they reversable L to R?
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Mon, 02 August 2004 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Billy-Mason PI wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 08:22

4) will Smith in iRobot No No No

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Mon, 02 August 2004 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree, most people use the Bluetooth headsets to look cool, but they just look like wankers.

One car that'd suit is the Prius. The iTech (or whatever it's called) one has an integrated Bluetooth car phone system! That's cool!

Oh, and yeah, they're reversible from L to R.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Tue, 03 August 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine isnt reversible...
and a bluetooth headset is way more conveniant than the regular one that you have to plug into your phone, so people arent using them to try to look loaded, important or trendy, well i dont. cant speak for all the trendy, important rich bastards out there.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Tue, 03 August 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Convenient or not. If you walk around with the headset in your ear even when you're not using it, you're a wanker. Smile
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Tue, 03 August 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for sure, but i only wear it when in use, which is what i thought billy was talking about.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Tue, 03 August 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe OK. You're safe from my wrath then. Very Happy

On a side note, how come yours isn't reversible? I thought they all were!
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Tue, 03 August 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you tense Billy? You sound tense. Laughing

I have an in-car kit for my phone in the company car and it's bloody great! Since I have a company phone as well I always ring up a mate on my way home from work and have chat whilst driving - it's given me heaps more time to talk to people.

Those bluetooth headsets do look ghey - esp when people are walking down the street chatting away to no-one. They look like Madonna in concert!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Tue, 03 August 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bluetooth headsets are fucking awesome
they do look wanky, but would you rather they have their phone in their hand and crash into you??

*duh*
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Tue, 03 August 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine isnt reversible because i have a different headset. i got my v600 off ebay for about half the price you buy in stores, because i bought it from the UK, and i guess its old to them or something, because its still goes for 500-600 on Aus ebay. so i got the uk headset too.
but on track, my headset is the motorola hs820, and the australian ones are hs810 i think. mine is smaller though, because it doesnt have that boom that you have to have sticking out.
i downloaded the user manual and it is supposed to reverse on some hinge, that isnt there on mine, i dont care though.

my headset
http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/Pr oductDisplay?prrfnbr=253723&prmenbr=126&ac cessories_cgrfnbr=22&zipcode=&phoneID=& ;search_string=238596&type=All

regular one (from all the ads)

http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/Pr oductDisplay?prrfnbr=253715&prmenbr=126&ac cessories_cgrfnbr=237338&zipcode=
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Tue, 03 August 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 16:24

they do look wanky, but would you rather they have their phone in their hand and crash into you??

*duh*

Actually, most studies have shown that it's the whole "talking on a phone and not paying attention to the driving" thing that's the danger, not whether the person is holding the handset, using a handsfree kit, or using a Bluetooth headset.
steve-O
Regular

February 2004
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Tue, 03 August 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what the hell are these bluetooth headset things???
i think i need to get back intouch with technology Rolling Eyes
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Tue, 03 August 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon the funniest invention would be hands-free. As convenient as it is, when it first came out i sw people talking and i was like wtf? Is he talking to himself? Razz Looks funny from a different point of view Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Tue, 03 August 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 18:58

*duh*

Actually, most studies have shown that it's the whole "talking on a phone and not paying attention to the driving" thing that's the danger, not whether the person is holding the handset, using a handsfree kit, or using a Bluetooth headset.

true. but 2 hands on wheel is better than one.
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Tue, 03 August 2004 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not saying you can't use bluetooth, but some people wear it in there ear constantly, even when not talking, or wear in such a way as to attract attention.

Look at me I'm the Cookie Monster with bluetooth enabled talking capacities by Motorola! Razz

peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Wed, 04 August 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe people have it in their right ear cos they're right handed and find it easier to attatch it using their right hand? i know that with my normal hands free kit i always put the earpiece in my right ear out of some habit. maybe people keep them in their ear cos they are expecting calls and don't want to root around and get distracted trying to put their headset on. maybe they don't give 2 shits whether you think they're wannabe yuppies.

just throwin it out there Very Happy
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Wed, 04 August 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True. They either don't care or are obliovious to their tryhard yuppiness, or they are aware.

The problem is:

How do you tell? Surprised Well, in my case, presented with this issue whilst driving or sat at traffic lights, I look for signs from the individual, before forming judgement.

For example, on the trendy north shore, where I'd like to shoot some of those arrogant school kids on the trains hehehe , there was a rough SA65, but some wank with his bluetooth in his right ear, and his window down. In other words he was saying, "Look at me, I read Womans Day and like franfurts for lunch :- "

From this I can safely come to the conslusion that this dude is a tryhard yuppy. Nod

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Wed, 04 August 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

but would you rather they have their phone in their hand and crash into you??

*duh*

Switch ears then *duh*

Quote:

They look like Madonna in concert!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
crayz legz
Regular

January 2004
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Wed, 04 August 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my problem with them is they are to dam big! they look like u have a phone on your ear any way. you can always go for a bluetooth car kit, my dad got 1 free with his new car ( last yr tho) and a free phone as well. but they r pretty expensive. and isnt the range like 6m with bluetooth? an if so couldnt u sit in ur car with a bluetooth head set and listen to ther convo?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Wed, 04 August 2004 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simple solution, and one that I put into action every time I see someone using a mobile while driving.

Pull up next to them, put all your windows down, and crank up Korn or Metallica.
They get off the phone REAL quick.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Wed, 04 August 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or they step out and smash all your windows.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Thu, 05 August 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats rather rash.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Thu, 05 August 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 18:58

*duh*

That's exactly what I was thinking. The concentration to keep in the flow of conversation and make the decisions required for the conversation and the decisions required for driving at the same time would be the real danger. Not some flashy ear peice that is supposed to make it "safer". Just like wanker driving lights are supposed to make you safer too.
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Thu, 05 August 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How many doo-dads drive with two hands on the wheel anyway? Not many unless you drive a volvo. If you are a cool dude USA cop car cruiser inpersonator like myself, you only drive with one hand on the wheel and the other one on the centre armrest. I believe one had must always be free to carry out other tasks whilst driving. Some of these include:

1. Inhaling freshness sticks Surprised
2. Tooning your radio hehehe
3. Looking trendy and Cool
4. Holding my mobile so as I can have a conversation. Yawn

Therefore, because most of us drive with one toot on the wheel, whether or not I'm holding a mobile will not affect my chances of having a crash, because if I wasn't holding my mobile, my hand still wouldn't be on the wheel anyway. It's the talking bit that's dangerous. Razz
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Thu, 05 August 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like talking to a passenger in your car? so we shouldnt have passengers (that we can talk to) either? or listening to talk back radio?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Thu, 05 August 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha Touche...
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Thu, 05 August 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Billy-Mason PI wrote on Thu, 05 August 2004 13:36

How many doo-dads drive with two hands on the wheel anyway? Not many unless you drive a volvo. If you are a cool dude USA cop car cruiser inpersonator like myself, you only drive with one hand on the wheel and the other one on the centre armrest. I believe one had must always be free to carry out other tasks whilst driving. Some of these include:

1. Inhaling freshness sticks Surprised
2. Tooning your radio hehehe
3. Looking trendy and Cool
4. Holding my mobile so as I can have a conversation. Yawn

Therefore, because most of us drive with one toot on the wheel, whether or not I'm holding a mobile will not affect my chances of having a crash, because if I wasn't holding my mobile, my hand still wouldn't be on the wheel anyway. It's the talking bit that's dangerous. Razz

He he he... I usually drive with my left hand on the handbrake and my elbow on the centre armrest. I have no intention of pulling a handbraky (unless its wet and I am parking Evil or Very Mad ) but it freaks out my passengers. I don't even notice that I am doing it... There's a handle there so I put my hand on it... Logical. Razz

Back on the topic... I was on my way to uni and saw a dude in a LHD classic mustang with one of those Blue Tooth things in his right ear. I still saw it even though it was in his passenger side ear. I think they should just be banned. Smile
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Thu, 05 August 2004 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the best thing to use while driving is that device that connect to the car speakers so you can hear and talk without a problem but then again if someone looks at you they'll think your NUTS !

Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Fri, 06 August 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have one of them, but when the phone rings, you gotta put that little dooby on the phone, hit the radio preset, turn up the volume so you hear them, then answer the phone.

They are cool though and cheap too Very Happy

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Fri, 06 August 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Fri, 06 August 2004 00:28

i think the best thing to use while driving is that device that connect to the car speakers so you can hear and talk without a problem but then again if someone looks at you they'll think your NUTS !

What you need to do is stick a fake car kit antenna on you rear window like I did... That way, only the un-observant people think you are nuts.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Fri, 06 August 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 09:51

One car that'd suit is the Prius. The iTech (or whatever it's called) one has an integrated Bluetooth car phone system!

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Bluetooth & Crap Cars Fri, 06 August 2004 07:15 Go to previous message
hahahah 2 funny,i certainly wouldnt wear one down here in Melbourne!! there are so many crazy people down here you could easily be mistook for some scatter!!! ohh and they look extremely GHEY!!! the funniest thig was on a train the other week and this tryhard was pretending to talk on it and i wrang!!!! had to laugh in his face...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTD: PhotoChop expert.
Next Topic:Motocross riding in south-southwest sydney
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 18:02:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086531639099121 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.