Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » How many infringement notices have you recieved?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
How many infringement notices have you recieved? Fri, 06 August 2004 06:27 Go to next message
Just wondering cuz mine are coming in faster than phone bills Rolling Eyes

One of the infringements i found interesting is a fine which came to me 3 yrs later - and i had already payed it off !!! To show some ridecule, the lady i called up about it just thought it was normal and said to appeal, I have since left it and nothing has happened Confused

I've had more than enough experience on the roads (no accidents and never licence suspended) but it just seems to me that I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

About 60% are parking tickets (i mean who hasn't got one when constantly in Sydney CBD Rolling Eyes ?!) 30% apparently 'speeding' when all occasions are like less than 10 over and my speed was decreasing as i got pulled over...and 10% are miscellanous revenue raisers like stingy 'no right turns' and U turning over double lanes.

It just seems to me that these 'offences' are so petty, i mean fair enough that rules are rules, but where do you draw the line with leniency because of the minority of the offence? You name me a cop that doesn't do any of the above in their off duty vehicles Rolling Eyes
  Send a private message to this user    
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: How many infringement notices have you recieved? Fri, 06 August 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have none. Don't ask how.
But I reckon you need to think ahead a bit more than you do at the moment. Like, "if i'm going to do this where could a copper be" or "what signs are there stating that it is illegal". You need to realise that the law isn't on your side, especially if you aren't being 100% responsible (and then some).
And don't speed so much on main roads at night or in peak hour, it is much easier for the police to conceal their radar equipment or vehicles.
If you're always getting parking tickets maybe you should park in actual parking zones or keep looking for proper spots. And don't believe that you'll get away with parking on the kerb, grass, median strip or whatever for 30 mins.

If you follow the above advice and still continue getting infringements then maybe you should catch the bus... Very Happy
Ramtech
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: How many infringement notices have you recieved? Fri, 06 August 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did pretty well when i was younger..

1. lost 4 points on L's
2 Lost a total of 14 points on P's untill i finally ran out of people to take the points for me.
3. Bald tyres three times on P's.
4. 1 not indicating
5. 2 dangerous driving since P's
6. 1 speeding last week (first infringment in 5 years!)

Having said that i have never crashed into another car.! But rolled a standard auto 2 speed Ke10!

[Updated on: Fri, 06 August 2004 08:41]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: How many infringement notices have you recieved? Fri, 06 August 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've actually never even been pulled over by cops in 2years Shocked
Have only had 1 infringement for parking...$68 wasted. Never did it again coz i really needed that money at the time Crying or Very Sad
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: How many infringement notices have you recieved? Fri, 06 August 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I pretty well always argue parking fines, though I haven't had too many.
Speeding or disobeying a 'no right turn' is fair enough and I take it on the chin... but a lot of parking stuff, the signing is either ambiguous, concealed or not even there, sometimes it's the lines, all that stuff. It pisses me off to no end.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: How many infringement notices have you recieved? Fri, 06 August 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a goodie, not showing P plates the day before i got off them Rolling Eyes

washed the cars windows thinking its only 1 more day...
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: How many infringement notices have you recieved? Fri, 06 August 2004 18:44 Go to previous message
my favourite one was just after i got my blacks,
Checking tarren point cleanup piles for big speakers for a party ( im a trashwhore i know). stopped at one pile, took my seatbelt off, loaded two speakers into the rear( i was in a convertible capri), got back in, my mate drove 20 m to the next cleanup pile, and pulled over, the cops we´re driving past the other way, i got out to check out the pile, got back in and they had turned around and come back with the lights on, They busted me three points and two hundred bucks for not wearing my seatbelt for 20 m. and i was the passenger! my mate driving got 100 bucks also which i had to pay too.
Some cops are reasonable blokes that remeber what it was like to be young, but some are dicks that got bullied at school and have to prove to the world that they are the man. well i know who's the boss now............ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

although i wasn't lauging at the time............. Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:you know who you are!
Next Topic:ae86 vs skyline gtr movie
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:01:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059871673583984 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.