Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Really tough Throttle on st162!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Really tough Throttle on st162!! Fri, 06 August 2004 03:56 Go to next message
Just wondering if you guys could help me, my throttle is really quite firm to push down as a pose to other st162s i've been in. My first suspect of this was because of cruise control, because the throttle goes to the cruise control first, and then cruise then goes to the throttle body i believe. Is there something i could do? Its actually caught the throttle when downgearing before, the throttle stayed in and revved to about 5500, not too good..
Thanx Toymodders!
Regards
Adrian
  Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Really tough Throttle on st162!! Fri, 06 August 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
either you could have a differant spring, unlikly, more likely is you accelorator cable it sticky and needs replaceing, does it come back up freely (no delay) after having trouble pushing down
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Really tough Throttle on st162!! Fri, 06 August 2004 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spray some wd40 on everything and while it's wet with wd40 move the throttle about, maybe it is just sticky.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Really tough Throttle on st162!! Sat, 07 August 2004 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah check the throttle body linkage thingo as well - just disconnect the cable and try to moce it around - it should spring back fairly quickly.

Get rid o' cruise control Razz
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Really tough Throttle on st162!! Mon, 09 August 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
yeah i sprayed stuff on the throttle, sometimes it will actually delay to go back up into position, wierd as...

Yeah i thought about taking cruise control off but the thing is its sooo damn good on the freeway, 100 set and its all away, great fuel economy...

See how things go i reckon
I'm using that RD7 stuff not sure if its quite as good as the wd40, looks like the same stuff..

Maybe some grease might work a bit better to stay in?
how much would a new accelerator cable cost? thing is it actually goes to the cruise control, and then the cruise has another part that goes to the throttle i believe...

See how it goes i think...
I might see if i can take off the cruise control cover and spray some on the mechanism in there

Thanx again everyone u rock!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Really tough Throttle on st162!! Mon, 09 August 2004 08:33 Go to previous message
Hey,
Update on it, I went outside and took off the cover of the cruise control mechanism, it was as dry as a desert, so i sprayed inside and even moved the mechanism to get it all around.

A HEAP LOAD BETTER NOW, Its like normal, it was sooo dirty and grimy i'm not suprised...
Thanx again
Adrian!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ST162:: Power Steering Rebuild HELP
Next Topic:2VZ-FE to 1MZ-FE engine swap.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 16:11:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040779113769531 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.