Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 04 August 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just got back from Adelaide.
One Saturday night was just heading hoem from the city to my brother's house to the south east.

Came across a whole heap of Commodores heading the same way, then I realised it must've been a club cruise or something.

Problem was that I was driving my bog stock BA falcon ute (company car) with no hubcaps. Ok, it's bright red & has an LSD, but it also runs LPG which means it's only got 156kW instead of 182.

Couple of the SS drivers wanted a run, so I only took off normal.
But there was one VN V6 (a pretty rundown stocker with a muffler) with P plates (of course) who just kept on annoying me cutting in & out of my lane & generally getting in the way.

We were both at the front of the lights, so about 5 sec before the lights changed I started a burnout (proper duallie not any of this single spinner crap) then took off when the light went & lane changed in front of him (didn't take much time to get there).
For some reason he drove onto the centre median (dunno why, I was completely in front by now).

The guys in the commodore behind pulled up beside me at the next lights & had a good laugh with me. Said he was a bit of a stirrer & had said he'd done things to his car & how good he was. Laughing

Now they had a story about a stocker Ford reaming him to put him in his place.

It's mainly these I've found who are the idiots, there are some pretty good guys amongst them too.

BTW, Nice looking Commodore Gary. Is that legal?

Send a private message to this user    
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 04 August 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer wrote on Wed, 04 August 2004 12:23

Chris Davey, thanks for standing up for the Soarer. Also this post started out saying I have a problem with commodore DRIVERS and the way they ACT in G'd up cars,

same could be said for jap cars and if its got a turbo it must be good Razz well thats wat 90 % of the driver say. jap and commo are just as bad as each other they both think there car is top shit
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 04 August 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holden motors out of holden cars are fine.
There is sum1 here who has a 308 powered celica i think
My dad put a red holden motor in2 almost everycar he has owned in the last 13 years (like 3)
A VW combi van : after we took it around australia he got tired of it being gutless so he put in a 202 red motor .

The truck : The fj45 landcrusier 235 red V8. it was mainly my car but he help and i did buy if off him b4 we did the conversion.

Datsun 720: This car was the most gutless desil ever . We did a trip around oz and we had a top speed of 90kms an hour.
when we got home he put in a few 202s a few 186s and had a 253 in there but transport wouldn't approve it.

The 202s would let go of pistions 1 and 5 under hard stress so they were shit but the other motors r fine .

Just my 2 cents worth
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 04 August 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't mind a 1jz powered VN Calais... With some proper suspension mods.
It would weigh a fair bit less than a soarer or supra.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 04 August 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Wed, 04 August 2004 15:33

Holden motors out of holden cars are fine.
There is sum1 here who has a 308 powered celica i think
My dad put a red holden motor in2 almost everycar he has owned in the last 13 years (like 3)
A VW combi van : after we took it around australia he got tired of it being gutless so he put in a 202 red motor .

The truck : The fj45 landcrusier 235 red V8. it was mainly my car but he help and i did buy if off him b4 we did the conversion.

Datsun 720: This car was the most gutless desil ever . We did a trip around oz and we had a top speed of 90kms an hour.
when we got home he put in a few 202s a few 186s and had a 253 in there but transport wouldn't approve it.

The 202s would let go of pistions 1 and 5 under hard stress so they were shit but the other motors r fine .

Just my 2 cents worth

My 202 Blue motor was very reliable even under hard stress you tell me having a it at 70km/h in 1st gear 3-spd colum shift manual isn't going to stress that motor? that thing copped a hiding at times and is still getting around TODAY with the same motor and hasn't been touched, so I think your wrong I also know someone to get well over 600,000kms with his HZ 202 red tell me thats a shit motor?

my 2 cents

gary your Commodore looks sweet Evil or Very Mad
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 04 August 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sik mayte.. foooly siiiiik

thats all i have to say
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 04 August 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well explain y we had 3 of them and they all had the same problem ??

They are well know for having this fault as the 186 and the 202 have the same block the only diff is the 202 has a longer stroke.
The last of the datsun was sold 4 $500 after i blew a hole in the side of the block pulling trees out of our driveway.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 04 August 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Wed, 04 August 2004 19:17

Well explain y we had 3 of them and they all had the same problem ??

They are well know for having this fault as the 186 and the 202 have the same block the only diff is the 202 has a longer stroke.
The last of the datsun was sold 4 $500 after i blew a hole in the side of the block pulling trees out of our driveway.

different head as well, the reason why would more then likely be a motor that has been treated very badly, explain why my the 202 in my WB never died? and the 202 in the HZ never had any troubles (has been around australia). the ute I had was flogged at times and never had any troubles never overheated or burned heaps of oil as it was always servised and was well looked after, buy the sounds of it you were giving your motor a very hard time if it wen't through the block, get any petrol motor and just constantly give it hell (redline) it will die after a while . for such a shit motor there still a lot getting around for the age

[Updated on: Wed, 04 August 2004 10:27]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 04 August 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They did have a hard life and we had to replace the rear main seal on all of them .
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 04 August 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sick of reading
lol
went away for 2 days and look what happens..
i just hate idiots
nice car the guy with blue vl and guy with blue vk.. and soarer is nice.. but needs some engine bay rice
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Commodores annoy me Thu, 05 August 2004 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone think that maybe some commodore drivers aren't aware they are being wankers? Confused
This could be because most of the bagging goes on in forums other than Holden forums, so they will never find out, and all the while we drivers of high quality japanese technology get fustrated. Razz
Alot of the commo drivers I see on the road think their cars are flamin' ferraris, but they may not realise, that to other motorists, they are tools?

Maybe we could make some bumper stickers and put them on commos, just saying something like "Just because you drive a Commodore, doesn't mean your king sh*t". hehehe
Just a lil sumden sumden for you guys. Wink
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commodores annoy me Fri, 06 August 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Billy-Mason PI wrote on Fri, 06 August 2004 08:21

Does anyone think that maybe some commodore drivers aren't aware they are being wankers? Confused
This could be because most of the bagging goes on in forums other than Holden forums, so they will never find out, and all the while we drivers of high quality japanese technology get fustrated. Razz
Alot of the commo drivers I see on the road think their cars are flamin' ferraris, but they may not realise, that to other motorists, they are tools?

Maybe we could make some bumper stickers and put them on commos, just saying something like "Just because you drive a Commodore, doesn't mean your king sh*t". hehehe
Just a lil sumden sumden for you guys. Wink

some of the Commodore drivers were really starting to shit me a few months back, so I was gunna get a sticker made up for the Camry, "I'd rather drive my Camry then push your COMMONWHORE!" but thought it would offened the decent Commodore drivers, there are some decent drivers with Commodores who don't go constantly thrasing there cars and harassing other people who don't drive Commodores, but still I don't see the Commodore as much of a sports car, it's like my car, a family car, I personally think the same, having a Commodore doesn't mean you have the right to go driving like a tool, it doesn't matter what sort of car you have there will always be something better in some way, I think some (not all) Commodore drivers think theres nothing better then a Commodore. Well I have bad news for you, there IS always something better
2tg-ta22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 06 August 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol.... i thought these forums where a good change from my usual ccc (commodore cruise club) forums..... guess i thought wrong... im not bias in any way... well maybe a lil when it comes to fords but if a cars quick a cars quick.... watever ur name is with the soarer u really have to relax mate and realise people look at the way u are and say the same shit bout u... there this soarer i see al the time goin to n from work. just cos my commo's lowerd he looks at me like he wants to run every time... i guess he has a commodore for a weekend car :S for someone who cant even spell commodore right i spose i dont really need to argue.... u do realise that there are many many many faster commodores then ur soarer, there are even faster soarers then ur soarer. there are faster fords, rotorys,diahatsu's then ur soarer... that fat pipe hangen out the rear of ur car is just an invitation for run's.... i sometimes is the driver of one of those commodores with the carload off fools, im guessen u dont have enough friends to fill ur car n go out n have fun on a friday or saterday night... its all good each to his own.... maybe u should de-rice the soarer if u dont want the attention....
2tg-ta22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 06 August 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw billy mason i dont see my 2tg with twin carb as being very high tech.... and i see the new v6 being a little more advanced then just about all of toyotas new stuff.
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 06 August 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Which new V6 are we talking about here, Buick V6, HFV6 or a Toyota V6?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 06 August 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2tg-ta22 wrote on Fri, 06 August 2004 18:46

btw billy mason i dont see my 2tg with twin carb as being very high tech.... and i see the new v6 being a little more advanced then just about all of toyotas new stuff.

yes, holden is number one in technology Rolling Eyes
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 06 August 2004 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2tg-ta22 wrote on Fri, 06 August 2004 18:43

there this soarer i see al the time goin to n from work. just cos my commo's lowerd he looks at me like he wants to run every time... i guess he has a commodore for a weekend car :S

Laughing maybe he's borrowing his mates soarer until he gets that new 308 after blowing his old motor up after a friday night cruise with his mates Razz (jokin) the old 308's go alright
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Sat, 07 August 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got the chance to drift my mates 308 ute once it sooooo powerful and with no weight in the back it was AMAZING !!!!!!!!
My celica wil never be able to break traction like that
2tg-ta22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Sat, 07 August 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hfv6..... dont turn arond n say "it aint a holden motor anyway" cos holden is just a differnt name for general motors.... i dont see holden as being a true "australian" car any more.... neways the hfv6 is gonna kick ass.....
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Commadores annoy me Sun, 08 August 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the HFV6 the twin cam pushrod or is it quad cam?
Perhaps I'm thinking of the Gen4 which is meant to be twin cam pushrod.
I'm sure it will have a lot of power and good torque throughout, the valvetrain is the biggest problem with the VN> V6s, so as long as they keep their tolerances down (I'd like to see that), use some very cool alloys and get some timing variation, it will probably be a good motor.
As for being up to a Toyota standard, I know the song's getting old but I seriously doubt that could happen. Maybe Holden need a Formula 1 team. Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Sun, 08 August 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gary is that seriously your car???

If so, man im speechless, i drive a soarer and i had a VK luved it to death, literally, but you cant be serious about actually driving that thing, its too farken nice...

Err...wasnt the better, more expensive soarer a V8??
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Commadores annoy me Sun, 08 August 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the v8 soarer is more expensive because of some of the extra options it has over the TT but I certainly wouldn't be calling it better.

TT's shit all over them for pace. my old gz20 soarer was faster than a v8 soarer! Smile
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Sun, 08 August 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8 doesn't necessarily mean better
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Sun, 08 August 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Wed, 04 August 2004 15:50

I wouldn't mind a 1jz powered VN Calais... With some proper suspension mods.
It would weigh a fair bit less than a soarer or supra.

hahahaha, are you serious!! vns have to be the biggest barges ever!

the 3.8 is comparable to a 4ac except 4ac has ohc, mine has 325,000, crabs has 350,000 plus, and a bloke who lives near me had 450,000 w/out rebuild! rockers rock: not

i drive a VY once a month, it is a piece of shit, the terra trip is the only good thing in it ( government car ) you cant even do standstills in em ne more! shit box

as for v8 4 cyl etc, horses for courses, 4 or 6 for me!

2tg-ta22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Sun, 08 August 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new v6 is quad cam,
to get a vy to do a standstill u need to fade the rear brakes a little first... u manage to get them hot once n from then on it should do em.... u need to bounce on the brakes sometimes.

by the way in reguards to the ohc v pushrod argument... it is alot easyer to implement an ohc setup on a strait 4/6/8 then on a v configuration engine.. the ecotech motor is just an evolution of the old buick v6 (vn thrugh vr) which was used in buick grand nationals.... there was a buick grand national released in america in the mid 80's... was quicker then the corvette of the time... oh n timing chains are much better then timing belts but thats just a cheep shot.
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Sun, 08 August 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i drive a VY once a month, you cant even do standstills in em ne more! shit box

hahah if you lernt how to they you could

hahahahaahahh fool Razz
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Commadores annoy me Sun, 08 August 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha ha, chains vs belts, yeah perhaps, if a belt breaks you is f--ked... unless it's a non-interference engine, like some Toyotas are... Wink
I'm gonna stop now though, and do some research on this HFV6.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Sun, 08 August 2004 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 15:42

the v8 soarer is more expensive because of some of the extra options it has over the TT but I certainly wouldn't be calling it better.

TT's shit all over them for pace. my old gz20 soarer was faster than a v8 soarer! Smile

But is that comparing stock with stock??

Not boosted with stock?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Commadores annoy me Mon, 09 August 2004 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TT soarer 2.5L will beat a 4L v8 soarer quite easily.
cheap mods on the 2.5L are good whereas the v8's can't be modified on the cheap that well.

my gz20 soarer had a 2.5" exhaust press bent and 10psi instead of 8 when I beat the v8 soarer.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Mon, 09 August 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like both model soarers, the TT now becuase I am getting one of those motors, but you can go past the sound of a Quad Cam V8 at full throttle, gets me hard every time.

And you have to admit, there is a lot more room for potential in one of those motors, considering the capacity and ease to bolt a S/C on... Very Happy

Not bagging the 1JZGTE, sweet as motor, just i feel that Jap V8's are all class with effortless power and monstrous tourque
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Mon, 09 August 2004 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um Holden, I don't know if you realised it's 2004. Toyota have had Quad Cam V6's since late 80's early 90's in camry's.

Holden with a new V6?

Big deal. Rolling Eyes They are merely catching up. Surprised
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Mon, 09 August 2004 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Billy-Mason PI wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 08:01

Um Holden, I don't know if you realised it's 2004. Toyota have had Quad Cam V6's since late 80's early 90's in camry's.

Holden with a new V6?

Big deal. Rolling Eyes They are merely catching up. Surprised

Not to defend holden or anything becuase i am a firm believer that they build poo for a living...

But people say that Toyota and mitsubishi have had items like IRS and DOHC and QUAD CAM for ages but that really doesnt mean shit when you put all the power through the front axels...

Errr....Yes FWD = GHEY
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 10 August 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Front drive has it's merits. It's all in the setup. You can make a front drive handle better than a rear drive, and vice versa.

I prefer front drive, as I like being able to power out of corners, and I feel its safer on the limit.

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/news/blankstory.asp ?ID=6423

Regardless of above, Commodores are still crap compared to Japanese cars and most of the drivers a cookie eaters. Surprised

[Updated on: Tue, 10 August 2004 00:39]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 10 August 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the car which had the most dead and lifeless steering feel that i have driven was a VR or VS commodore.
no feed back which was scary when the tail came out
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 10 August 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The fact remains your opinions are soo biased its not funny so lets drop the topic right here, no one on this forums is ever gonna say that a commodore is a better handling car than a camry, which is designed here i might add...
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 10 August 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not biased. I've driven them, read alot about them, then formed a opinion. If Japanese cars were crap (and some are) I don't mind stating it.

The link was to let people read and form there own opinion.

Go to http://www.carsurvey.org and read about how great these Commodoress are. Check out the VT to VY, they are best. Rolling Eyes

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 10 August 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh, those reveiws suck ass.

Ive read them before.

shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 10 August 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1990 Toyota Camry CSX from Australia and New Zealand
Previous Next
A great practical open road performer
What things have gone wrong with the car?
When I bought the car it was incredibly in need of some serious TLC and due its high kms it has had many problems:

2 broken windscreens.

Blown head gasket after 330,000kms, engine replaced with a higher output RAV 4 engine.

Oil leak.

Broken gas stays.

Seizing throttle pedal.

Front shocks are stuffed.

Rear suspension bushes needed replacing.

Anti-sway bar came loose.
General comments?
Even after many problems, I think the car is totally comfortable on long trips, lots of room for passengers and luggage, and with plenty balls to drag off boy racers.

But the controls are very straight-forward and it tends to handle like a truck sometimes. Though my car is very quick I reckon, cause I've pulled a 180kph run and it does mean handbrake turns.
Comment on this review

Request deletion of this review

Please Vote:
How well written is this review? 1: Poor
2: OK
3: Good
4: Brilliant
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer?
Yes
Engine and transmission
2.0 litre DOHC EFi Manual
Performance
9/10
Reliability
5/10
Comfort
9/10
Dealer

Running costs (higher is cheaper)
5/10
Distance when acquired
321000 kilometres
Most recent distance
336000 kilometres
First year of ownership
Most recent year of ownership
Date of Entry
21st August, 2001

or

1990 Holden Commodore VN from Australia and New Zealand
Previous Next
Performance/handling / reliability
What things have gone wrong with the car?
The car has had alternator, idler pulley, and water pump replaced. Also the frond and rear suspension was upgraded to FE2 with urethane bushes. performance was enhanced by a sports exhaust, cold air intake and power chip!
General comments?
The car handled and performed excellent with these modifications. 215/65/15 tyres, directional are a must if you need traction and cornering at speed. Seats have a problem twisting and can be fixed by placing washers underneath rear center seat mount. Keep these vehicles serviced well and you will be rewarded with excellent reliabily! My Vn has been punished, but has been looked after and my friend is getting a great run out of it still!
Comment on this review

Request deletion of this review

Please Vote:
How well written is this review? 1: Poor
2: OK
3: Good
4: Brilliant
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer?
Yes
Engine and transmission
3.8 Automatic
Performance
9/10
Reliability
10/10
Comfort
7/10
Dealer

Running costs (higher is cheaper)
8/10
Distance when acquired
130000 kilometres
Most recent distance
380000 kilometres
Previous car
Holden Commodore
First year of ownership
Most recent year of ownership
Date of Entry
21st June, 2004

Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 10 August 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm assuming from that thread, your trying say that Camrys are just as crap as Commodores?

If that's the case, have a look at the kms.

The camry has obviously had a hard life (the dude mentioned it was in need of TLC) when the dude bought with 300,000 plus kms on the clock.

The VN acquired his with 130,000 kms.

Your post doesn't prove Camry's a bad car. It just shows that a badly looked after car is going to have problems, which is expected Laughing

What my link to the carsurvey site was supposed to illustrate, was that while other cars can have their problems, Holden Commodores have more problems that occur more often.

PS I don't own a Camry Surprised

PSS I love cookies Rolling Eyes

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 10 August 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wasnt looking at relaibility issues in both cars i was just looking at the fact that fwd is GHEYcompared to RWD
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 10 August 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 14:32

I wasnt looking at relaibility issues in both cars i was just looking at the fact that fwd is GHEYcompared to RWD

hahah yep best point of this whole thread
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 10 August 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's da mang mang cookie mang! Surprised
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 10 August 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Billy-Mason PI wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 14:18

Are you quoting the cubans from vice city??

And according to my previous statement i would take a commodore over a camry any day...becuase of that simple fact. Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 10 August 2004 05:22]

2tg-ta22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 10 August 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would much rather a commodore over a camery too... mind u look at the difference in price for some of the parts mentioned.. an idler pulley is like 3 dollors from the wreckers (if they charge u) a water pump is like 100 brand spanken new and an alternater is a couple-a-hundred.... my commo has just clicked 210,000 kms and has a pretty hard life. it started as a fleet car carrieing around 300 kg's of gear on the back for about 100,000 kms. then was driven like a baby untill 170,000 now i got in it and killed the thing.... untill i owned it all it got was a tranny rebuild due to my dad towing in Drive instead of 3rd.... i have replaced sway bar link rods, w/pump, f/pump, radiator, flex plate sence i have owned it.. it is currently in need of a LSD diff rebuild as im way past starting to lose 2 wheel action on burnouts but that can wait.... i dont wanna say this cars better then that etc but when i look at wat i would have to pay for the same parts for a camery i kno im better off.. i have also put a 2.5" cat back zorst on ($210 brand new) and lowerd it in the rear ($50 bux 2nd hand)... the range of performance parts availiable for my car is amazing compared to a camery plus the fact that holden/hsv make some of the best looking wheels u can buy.. although i think my car is shit and i hate it i would much rather drive it then a camery. btw is it the v6 camerys or magnas that u need to remove the inlet manifold to replace s/plugs??
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 10 August 2004 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 15:20

Billy-Mason PI wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 14:18

Are you quoting the cubans from vice city??

And according to my previous statement i would take a commodore over a camry any day...becuase of that simple fact. Very Happy

I went home last night thinking about what you said about FWD and then came in this morning and saw the above post and I think your right. Surprised

I drive a FWD car and it is GHEY! Mad On the weekend I'm going to buy myself a VN Commodore because it's got RWD. Nod

No I'm going to buy 2! Yes 2 RWD Commodores. One VN and one VB because their the best ones! Yes! The Billy has made a decision!

Thankyou for making me realise that FWD are GHEY and all that matters when choosing a car is that it's RWD. I seriously don't know what I've been thinking all these years and suddenly, one sentence, and it all makes sense.

Thanks again. Cool

You da mang mang! Laughing
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 11 August 2004 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 15:20

WHAT!? Dude, thats a simple bogan-type statement, you sure you dont want to review that quote? Confused
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 11 August 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 20:28

Time slip ? i dont have one but i can take a photo of me standing next to my car with all the listed mods with a sign saying "gary is a winging vagina" good enough? and What i meant was where there should be an avatar Photo it did say "Necomer" " now he has posted on the account a few times and it says " Occasional Poster"

UMMMMM look at what you are buddy you are also an "Occasional Poster"

maybe people try run your car all the time due to the fact that you have fully sic CANNON MUFFLER

commodores do what they are intended they are a family car but as they get older/cheaper people can afford them and do them up
sure there are some people that act like wankers but ive seen wankers driving soarers
people also treat soarers like they are a sports cars by putting big GT wings and shit they are also not intended to be a true sports car they are a cruiser sort of car why would such a big car be a sports car? they maybe be able to handle alright but why would a sports car ajustable suspension????

YOU are also a wanker like the majority of commodore drivers that think they are the shit

thats my 2c
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 11 August 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Billy-Mason PI wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 08:07

No I'm going to buy 2! Yes 2 RWD Commodores. One VN and one VB because their the best ones! Yes! The Billy has made a decision!

Actually the VL is the best one...so if you're serious get 2 VL's
WiLo chill out...there are dickheads in all sorts of cars, just a majority seem to be in commo's Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 11 August 2004 01:17]

Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 11 August 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok cool thats for the advice. Very Happy Just as long as it's RWD. Nod

I want the cred mang. When I'm with my Haitians mangs under the Harbour Bridge checking out each others rides and comsuming fresh cookies and ice tea on a Friday night, when someone comes up to my VB/VL or VN (have to decide which one Razz ), I want my fellow street racer to go;

Street Racer: "Hey mang, dat ding powered from the rear hoops?"

Billy: "Mang, which cars aren't mang. Ssshhh, you know nar-ding dawg. Front hoopies are ghey" Cool

hehehe

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 11 August 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol @ billy
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 11 August 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shoot wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 19:18

Quote:

i drive a VY once a month, you cant even do standstills in em ne more! shit box

hahah if you lernt how to they you could

hahahahaahahh fool Razz

neutral then drive and standstills can be done in vy, but in vl's etc, all you need to do is floor it and massage the brake, vy, wont do i tlike that at least no the one i drive, learn how to do a standstill?? standstills suck! fool? Twisted Evil, ill do more than a standstill!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 11 August 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well commodores are exactly well balanced drifting cars now are they... Very Happy
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 11 August 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't tell me that commodores aren't drift burgers! I just put a deposit on a VN, pick her up this Sat-dee. Sad

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 11 August 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Billy-Mason PI wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 16:13

Don't tell me that commodores aren't drift burgers! I just put a deposit on a VN, pick her up this Sat-dee. Sad

You arent serious are you Confused
2tg-ta22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 11 August 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u could turn a commodore into a drift car... would just need alot of cash and balls off steal.... would be no where near street legal either
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 11 August 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best way to turn a commodore into a drift car...

Sill it and buy a sprinter... Laughing Laughing Laughing
2tg-ta22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 11 August 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or go 1 better n sell it n buy a s13/s15...
nah it aint hard to make a car into a drifer, just strip all weight possible then add a little where u need it (commodore in the rear) make sure u get a live axle rear end one n not an irs one (irs is poo) get a mini spool and a very touchy clutch, coilovers front n rear and ur just about set... ohh n u need stockies on the rear cos that seems to be the fasion now a days wif drift.... would smoke the tires alot more then most drift cars Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 11 August 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what company do you know of that makes adjustable coilovers for commodores???

And once again, why farken bother, no one will ever accept it as a decent drift car becuase people live under the little ghey cloud that to drift you must have turbos or an N/A 1600 if you dont have either then you cant drift, which is bullshit if you ask me.
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 11 August 2004 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2tg-ta22 wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 18:26

u could turn a commodore into a drift car... would just need alot of cash and balls off steal.... would be no where near street legal either

dont the have a commo in the usa, who is going good
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Commadores annoy me Thu, 12 August 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Shoot no offense, but what the f--k are you talking about?
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Who owns FLWOOL? Sydney RED SX
Next Topic:random call from the police
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:07:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088450908660889 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.