Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Fri, 06 August 2004 01:26 Go to next message
I was purchasing a 20n vavle just before i pranged the car. so now that money has to go into fixing the barstard. So now i'm thinking of slowly putting together a GZE bottom 20 vavle head turbo engine. Is this a reasonable and worth while project. i was thinking apexi cooler and boost control with garret gt25 turbo. Maybe only 10 psi so the T50 and a jap spec diff with TRD Slip can cope.
any thoughts?
  Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Fri, 06 August 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definately. Nod
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Fri, 06 August 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha good idea huh. i can pick up a GZE that needs reconditioning for about $650. the turbo would probably be the most expensive thing.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Fri, 06 August 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's basically exactly what I was planning to do with mine, except I was going to use a GT28.

Just do it man.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Fri, 06 August 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that much better turbo?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Fri, 06 August 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's bigger..... I guess it depands how much power you want and also what type of power - low down grunt, massif mid-range or serious top-end.
hachi-man
Regular

July 2003
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Fri, 06 August 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which one would be more suited for massive mid range?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Fri, 06 August 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put a gt28 on it.
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Fri, 06 August 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a ke70 artice with a gze bottom end a 20v black top head in zoom i think

i think the owner visits the forum
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Fri, 06 August 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't want serious power. just user friendly amount because i enjoy drifting in the rain and lots of power in the wet is a bit of a disadvantage. sometimes. i wonder what sort of power it could produce? all i want is about 140- 150kw at the tread.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Fri, 06 August 2004 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with 150kw u wont need rain
20valve69corona
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Fri, 06 August 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speak to Dale, he is the one to talk to about 20valve turbo's
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Fri, 06 August 2004 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TG wrote on Fri, 06 August 2004 21:42

with 150kw u wont need rain

love it
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Fri, 06 August 2004 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is very conservative power you are shooting for with that sort of setup. Build it properly and it will be a menace.

Only drama I could think of is the valve reliefs (or whatever they are called) in the pistons. Low comp GZE pistons will have cuts for 4 valves, but you will be running 5 valves.

But I'm no expert, so have a talk to the guys who have done this before.

Hen
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Sat, 07 August 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just whack on a GT30 and hold the fuck on!
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Sat, 07 August 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe i wouldn't need to use the 20 valve top. it might be just a big hassle to fit it. although with 5 valves per cylinder it would be better on fuel. i am pretty certain the t50 wouldn't handle more that 140 or around there at the wheels.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Sat, 07 August 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

although with 5 valves per cylinder it would be better on fuel

???? I don't think the primary consideration with 5 valves per cylinder is fuel economy Rolling Eyes Very Happy
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Sat, 07 August 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn wrote on Sat, 07 August 2004 03:01

That is very conservative power you are shooting for with that sort of setup. Build it properly and it will be a menace.

Only drama I could think of is the valve reliefs (or whatever they are called) in the pistons. Low comp GZE pistons will have cuts for 4 valves, but you will be running 5 valves.

But I'm no expert, so have a talk to the guys who have done this before.

Hen

I agree, you'll need to grind the piston's so the valve's dont smash into them, could be costly, might be better to go the bigport head and remove the tvis, as JEM have done. http://www.justenginemanagement.com/myae86.html
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Sun, 08 August 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

you'll need to grind the piston's so the valve's dont smash into them

You sure about that? There's a fair dish in the GZE pistons compared to 20V crowns, they may not be non interference when the timing belt breaks anymore, but I dont think they hit the piston during normal rotation. Anyone actually done this to confirm?

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Sun, 08 August 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i would actually like to see this type of engine also.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 4AGZE with 20V head and garret GT25 ball bearing? Sun, 08 August 2004 10:26 Go to previous message
TE72_Turbo wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 17:44

Quote:

you'll need to grind the piston's so the valve's dont smash into them

You sure about that? There's a fair dish in the GZE pistons compared to 20V crowns, they may not be non interference when the timing belt breaks anymore, but I dont think they hit the piston during normal rotation. Anyone actually done this to confirm?

I was reading about the black "Speed Tech" KE-Rolla in New Zealand, apparently they had to cut the piston the accomodate the extra valves, there is also a corolla (ae92) 20v turbo in sydney that has gze bottom end, also cut the pistons, i can only assume it needs to be done.

Cheers

Steve
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:is this tems ?
Next Topic:Windscreen Removal Problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 05:01:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045559406280518 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.