Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Should i be able to compete at the nationals?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sat, 07 August 2004 08:49 Go to next message

Should i be able to compete at the Nationals?[ 39 vote(s) ]
1.yes 26 / 67%
2.no 13 / 33%

Would just like to see what views people have on here..

Now what i want to be able to do, is have a go. Im not out to steal trophies or anything, i just want to have a go to show people my car and the different things ive done to it.

[Updated on: Sat, 07 August 2004 12:26]

Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sat, 07 August 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whatever is Toyota should be able to compete, so I'd say yes to the Show N Shine. But no to the drags and dyno.
Ovlov244
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sat, 07 August 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck to you mate. i think that competing is the best way to get ahead.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO V8 M61.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sat, 07 August 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sat, 07 August 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Sat, 07 August 2004 18:56

Whatever is Toyota should be able to compete, so I'd say yes to the Show N Shine. But no to the drags and dyno.

But whats the harm in dragging it/ having it dynoed, if i know for a fact i cant qualify for a trohpy anyway? Seems unfair im not even allowed to give it a run for show! Even when im an official, PAYING Member of the Toyota car club qld. Its not hard to see im keen on toyotas!

blake

[Updated on: Sat, 07 August 2004 09:33]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sat, 07 August 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think yes Smile

your creation will be a nice toyota with a different powerplant ..

Officially no you wont get titles/trophies but i think your efforts would deserve a run on the strip at the nationals - seeing they have the dubbo boys in holdens and fords run with us
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sat, 07 August 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted no, before I saw the "compete without chance at a trophy"
if you just want to give it a run, of course you can have a go.
that V8 monster thing had a go at little yello rolla, and it sure as hell wasn't toyota!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sat, 07 August 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the same motor as that minus 49ci and about 300kg Smile
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sat, 07 August 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I vote yes. As long as the vehicle is a toyota (must have a toyota compliance plate) then who cares what is powering it, whether it be a rotary, Ford or Holden V8 or a rolls royce jet engine for that matter (wouldn't that last one be f%@#ing wild). It is a TOYOTA NATIONALS where people come to see TOYOTAS!!!!!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sat, 07 August 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks eric.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sat, 07 August 2004 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hardly think the issue is whether you can run at these events man, its more a case of whether you qualify for any awards in competition... which i reckon you dont.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sat, 07 August 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My post was with regard to winning trophies. "Compete" to me implies that are having a go at a prize.

If you wanna have a go just for the sake of it then I don't think anything should stop you.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sat, 07 August 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Sat, 07 August 2004 22:26

My post was with regard to winning trophies. "Compete" to me implies that are having a go at a prize.

If you wanna have a go just for the sake of it then I don't think anything should stop you.

exactly, but the nationals board obviously think otherwise.
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sat, 07 August 2004 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wanted to take the Badit (see avatar) next year if i didn't sell it at the end of the year but it's not a Toyota body only a Toyota motor.
Who cares about awards when you are there to compete for the fun of it.
Maybe if i put a Toyota comp plate and badge on i could pass it of as a prototype one off model. Laughing

But then there must be enough entrants that they can exclude anything that is not a toyota car powered by a toyota motor.

[Updated on: Sat, 07 August 2004 22:17]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sun, 08 August 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT162 wrote on Sat, 07 August 2004 22:13

I vote yes. As long as the vehicle is a toyota (must have a toyota compliance plate) then who cares what is powering it, whether it be a rotary, Ford or Holden V8 or a rolls royce jet engine for that matter (wouldn't that last one be f%@#ing wild). It is a TOYOTA NATIONALS where people come to see TOYOTAS!!!!!

Eric - that you mate ?

Hows sonya and co Wink

PS hows the Gt4 going - PM me if you wanna chat offtopic

Stuart ( you know the one ! )

As for qualifying for prizes - i thought it was a big social event for TOTOTA lovers - regardless of modifications.

personally id love to see what Blakes car can do - its obviously had a bit of time spent on organising it So go for it mate - it might quell some nay sayers

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sun, 08 August 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks stuart
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sun, 08 August 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon that any toyota or toyota powered vehicle should be able to enter...

Maybe restrict the trophies and awards but never the less, you should be able to enter so my vote is affirmative Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sun, 08 August 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep I reckon you should be able to run... if a Navara ute with a Toyota engine can run why shouldn't a Supra with a non toyota engine run?
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sun, 08 August 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so basicly what they are trying to say is that the locals can run but the toyota cant Confused
or another way of putting it is that i could run my dads ute (lux) and everythings cool but no supra. i know i'd rather see a supra run!
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sun, 08 August 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon you should. Still a 'toyota' just a different engine...
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sun, 08 August 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amen on that one. Would you deny a KE20 with a rotor in it if it wanted to run at drags?? From what I can see the car has "the goods" and is a toyota why not let it run over a lesser car?
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sun, 08 August 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry mate NO all toyota
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Sun, 08 August 2004 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh, I don't like the idea of your engine, but the fact you decided a part of your project had to be Toyota for whatever reason (and we ain't talking oil cap or some bullshit), then by all means. I didn't personally think the non-Toyota cars detracted from the atmosphere at Nats.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Mon, 09 August 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think this has derived from that other thread about the nationals inwich we were informed under the new rule changes,as of next year all entrants must be toyota bodied and toyota powered,so even the locals wont be getting a run with their v8's etc. I personally believe that if it has toyota body and a rota or toyota engine but hill climb open wheeler wepon then who cares, but on the other hand it is one event that is going to be solely toyota...1!! cmon give it a break and go in the summernats,toymods meets etc...if you dont start applying rule changes it will end up just another car show...theres always going to be someone left out when it comes to shows...unfortunately you are always going to be a halfcast bro...getting treated as a Ford by the Toyota community,and as a Toyota by the Ford community....I myself believe you shouldnt be allowed to enter,otherwise we might aswell just name it the Dubbo Nationals?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Tue, 10 August 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If u just wanted a run without a go at the trophies then i don't see how u could affect the competition . Your car is still a toyota no mattter what people say i think . I had a holden motor in a toyota is it a "toyden" ???
the bloke i stold it to put a LX torana body on the toyota frame with the holden motor so what is it ? A holden . It should be based on the body i think. U look at the top door slammers those cars have nothing in common with the cars they claim to be other than a few styling cues .
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Tue, 10 August 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I think, if the numbers are limited in these events, then the pure Toyota vehicles get precedence.

However, it wouldn't be too difficult to introduce a "Toyota Powered" and a "Toyota Chasis" class for those people who have changed engine brands. This way, a Toyota powered Holden can compete in the "Toyota Powered" class and Blake can compete in the "Toyota Chassis" class.

In the end, the idea is to get as many people to the Nationals as possible and I think it would be more beneficial to include these modded-cars with their own classes. Extra people bring in more funds and more fun and more interesting cars and configurations for us to look at.

seeyuzz
river
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Tue, 10 August 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd prefer to see a toyota with another manufactures engine run, than seeing a non-toyota vehicle run with a toyota engine.

If there is spare places left over though, then I reckon let everyone in even the non-toyotas. My mate is his '75 Lancer would love to give some of us a run next year and i'd like to see that also Smile

So yeah, i voted yes!
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Tue, 10 August 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it seems to be common knowledge, but sorry i dont know - what engine is in the car?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Tue, 10 August 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ford v8
Buddha
Occasional Poster

August 2004
icon14.gif  Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Tue, 10 August 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To be honest, I'm not 100% sure what the disqualifying part is, but from what I can gather, its a non-Toyota engine.

I'm voting "yes" because I agree with most people on this forum ... I think you should be 100% eligible for the show and shine and be able to at least run in the performance-related categories. I'm a bit undecided about whether you should be eligible for trophies or not but if you're not wanting those anyway, then what's the harm?

I think most people on this forum would prefer to keep all Toyota's "all-Toyota", so to speak, but we don't want to exclude people who want to do something a bit different. At least you know you can always get a run alongside any Toymod forum members!
Nod
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about a mid 90's Toyota Lexen?, would that be alowed to compete? Smile

Just a hypothetical...
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not a Toyota body OR engine.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Obviously,.. Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So therefore, he should be told to take his POS back to the bush.

Laughing
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 16:41

So therefore, he should be told to take his POS back to the bush.

Laughing

was that aimed at me ? Confused
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, that was aimed at the thought of a Lexcen entering...
Neal Pallotta
Regular

June 2004
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr. MA61; That "back to the bush" comment was about Lexcens Smile
Neal Pallotta
Regular

June 2004
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate Lexcens, one was responsible for my mum's Alfa 33 getting written off
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Relax dude!

Yes, I was talking about the Lexcens.

Not that I'm a fan of pushrod V8s either. Smile
But not many on these forums are...
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 18:02

Relax dude!

Yes, I was talking about the Lexcens.

Not that I'm a fan of pushrod V8s either. Smile
But not many on these forums are...

Crying or Very Sad very nice man, very nice Crying or Very Sad
nobody loves me and my supra...*walks awayZ*

[Updated on: Wed, 11 August 2004 08:06]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stop your freakin' whining!!!

what did u build your car for?

to drive and enjoy? OR for people to look at at a car show?

you knew well enuff that your car was going to be an anomaly before you built it. Finish building the car and then build a freakin' bridge!!!

And for the record i am interested in seeing your car! but not interested in your whining..

[Updated on: Wed, 11 August 2004 10:49]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm going to to enter in a lexen
and i will kick ass
Twisted Evil
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 21:29

I'm going to to enter in a lexen
and i will kick ass
Twisted Evil

good luck to you.

rob, im not whinging, im just wondering why the fuck im discluded for such a small reason.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, it's just the rules of the event! In the past it has only been piston powered toyotas (ie. excluding anyone who had done a rotary conversion)..

Next year it's changed again and they're restricting it to only Toyota powered Toyotas. I can understand that you are disappointed (having seen your earlier posts where you were planning to attend it was great to see that your enthusiasm would bring you so far) I was damn interested to see your car as well!

Quote:

im just wondering why the fuck im discluded for such a small reason.

Quite simply the reason was given in the previous thread. Whether we agree with it or not, unfortunately it's just the way it is.. Sad
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks paul. i *might bring it along for the fun of it, see what the time brings i guess.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehhe.. well I for one want to see a video of it's first *fire-up*! Surprised
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that will be done for sure...even without exhausts on Wink

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's gotta be the best feeling on the planet if it fires up first go and you've got the video rolling! Very Happy
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you should be able to compete at very least- as you always hear of these rotary powered celicas and corollas, so i think that blake should be able to take a crack at a trophy, it is still a supra...

mind you, my opinion is an uninformed one- i don't know anything about toyota nationals, dragstrips or anything. i'd think its just a shame to see a lovely toyota denied some fun and recognition Very Happy

thats all from me Razz
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Should i be able to compete at the nationals? Wed, 11 August 2004 13:12 Go to previous message
I'm taking a holden apollo Not lexen 4 me
apollo all the way baby !!!!!!!

[Updated on: Wed, 11 August 2004 14:32]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Need a cool/crude/offensive to old people team name...
Next Topic:Thought This Might Intrest Some
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 19:02:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070991516113281 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.