Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

icon11.gif  starting - aw11 mr2 Thu, 05 August 2004 02:19 Go to next message
(yes ive searched Very Happy )

Hey guys, my car 4agte aw11 mr2, was starting really well, first go nearly straight away. Two days ago, i went to start it as normal in the morning and it would only start on the second try and sort of stutter like really low rpm, then after a few seconds FIRE into life and idle normally when cold at 2krpm. What could of changed from one day to the next for it to suddenly not start properly. Ive checked the plugs and they are fine, what else should i check? in the search i did, everyone mentions cold start injector but people also say that it makes no difference. Rather annoying! my dizzy is leaking oil through its centre, so ill check to see if there is oil on the contacts.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 August 2004 05:11]

Send a private message to this user    
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Thu, 05 August 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neutral
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Thu, 05 August 2004 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmm....check your oil levels maybe, or possibly your injectors(not cold start, but injectors in general) are dirty. Professional clean is about $200-300 or you could try some WYNNs injector cleaner stuff...
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Thu, 05 August 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oil levels? as long as there is enough oil in there it should be fine? how would this effect it?
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Thu, 05 August 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If there was low oil, it might make it harder to start, or if the oil is quite thick say 50W it would really suck to start of a cold morning, maybe a 25W would be better for winter....anyway thats my less than educated opinion. Very Happy

The injectors thing was something my mechanic did for me with a previous car, worked a treat.
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Thu, 05 August 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My GTZ Levin ( factory 4agze ) does the same thing when started cold it nearly dies and sometimes does on the first start and then when you start again and the idle picks up its fine from then on
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Thu, 05 August 2004 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah its wierd. my gze used to do it, i got the NA manifold on it cause its now turboed, and it was fine for a week or so, now the same damn thing! using HPR5
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Fri, 06 August 2004 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A common thing i have noticed it never did it , until a recent oil change to 5w / 30 synthetic oil

Cant see how oil changes anything though
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Sat, 07 August 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strange. i dont think it has to do with oil in my car.
pulcino
Regular

November 2002
Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Sat, 07 August 2004 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have ya got the water lines to tour throttle body hooked up?Mine is hard to start cos I dont have mine hooked up and have blanked off the fast idle mechanism.Check that it is workin alright.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Sun, 08 August 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah they're hooked up and it was all working fine and one day it stopped working fine. Confused
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Wed, 11 August 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I checked the contacts for oil... No dice, they were clean, a little scorched tho, dizzy cap is only a few months old too. So friggen annoying /whine
MU553R
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Wed, 11 August 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um probly a vacum line... my car out of the blue sum times starts choking at idle..
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Thu, 12 August 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All vacum lines are fine. No leaks at all.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Thu, 12 August 2004 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you tried resetting the ECU?

My ZE was really grumpy on startup without the cold start injector...
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Fri, 13 August 2004 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it a good idea to reset the ecu? it hasnt been reset since ive owned it, and now its turboed.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Fri, 13 August 2004 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You managed to fit a turbo without disconnecting the battery?

All you need to do is remove the positive feed to the ECU for 20 seconds or so to reset it...
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Fri, 13 August 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hah, oh... i thought you had to use the diagnostic terminal and jump certain points to properly reset it, IE set to factory fresh. Doesnt it save it on rom???
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Sun, 15 August 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my turbo seals are shot, so alot of oil is going into the intake/intercooler pipes... i think that maybe the oil caked up in the intake could block the CSI?
micklez_mr2
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Mon, 23 August 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, I own an AW11 (Aust del.) and that's happened to me a few times as well, and I only have a 4AGE!!! If you dab the throttle for a few seconds does your idle then jump to 2k??? This is a pain in the arse for me, I want to fix it too!
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: starting - aw11 mr2 Mon, 23 August 2004 08:49 Go to previous message
idle goes to 2krpm by itself on a cold day. It didnt when it was gze! must of had a dead sensor. I wish i knew what was causing this! hehe
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae82 stereo wiring diagram
Next Topic:Hatch gas-struts in ae86? Where to get new ones? Cost?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:21:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053231716156006 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.