Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
su_pr_aero
Occasional Poster

May 2004
icon10.gif  GTR vs. HACHI Sat, 07 August 2004 11:07 Go to next message
Hey, here's a ponderous question for you. If you has $22k kicking around... do you buy a 1989 R32 GTR, orrrrr, a AE86 and spend the money to make it fully tha sickest hachi eva? I realise that its a wierd comparo. A GTR of course gives you unquestioned reverence from other motorists in the know and packs a punch outta tha factory. The Hachi however could be built exactly as you want and become a massive grin-factor missile. Both cult cars but both very different... I'm at a loss to decide.

Also, will aftermarket LSD centres fit the Aus delivered Hachi's?

Send a private message to this user    
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sat, 07 August 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id take the GTR, out of the box monster...

[Updated on: Sat, 07 August 2004 11:19]

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sat, 07 August 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT-R

ultimate king of the road... no doubt about it...
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sat, 07 August 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTR's are shit it should be easy to decide for 22g's an ae86 will distroy any GTR nugget my 6g celica does with out a problem.

P.S GTR = swearing on this site put your $1 in the jar
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sat, 07 August 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the gtr. Power packed, reliable and the room for potential is enormous
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sat, 07 August 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Sat, 07 August 2004 22:44

go the gtr. Power packed, reliable and the room for potential is enormous

get an excel and put a mad bodykit on it.. dont forget some "vynils too!!!!"
seriously though..
id probably go an 86.. gtr are great.. but ive got more of a soft spot for the ae86's
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sat, 07 August 2004 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it was me i'd get a sprinter no 2nd thoughts about it. But then again thats personal preference, I know the performance of a gtr will kill a sprinter in a straight line, i know its worth more money, i know it has better street cred. But i dont care because it weighs 1500kg and a sprinter is going to be much more fun to drive. Gtr's are race cars that have been toned down a bit so they can be driven as dailys, i couldnt care less about racing on a race track though so its not the car for me
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sat, 07 August 2004 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
screw the GTR and 86, and go for a 200sx Very Happy there are so many 86s its bloody ridiculous BE DIFFERENT

yeah your gonna reply there are heaps of all cars but you all know what i mean

my next project is gonna be a datty 1600 FIRST I GOTTA FIND ONE Confused
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The biggest factor here people is relability and the fact remains that if you spend $22g's on a sprinter you couldnt drive it every day and it would be a tempermental car, it would however fly and take corners really well but you couldnt enjoy it all the time.
ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BEWARE of cheap GT-R's

an importer friend i know said the majority of the cheapo GT-R's require a turbo or engine rebuild not far down the track, Confused

but i cant see how you can compare a AE86 to a GTR
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it would be hard to get a really good 89 model GTR. Imagine the 86 you could have for 22 g's. import a sweet one than add a few extras or go all out on an aus spec. would also out handle a gtr if it was sorted properly.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah finding a good gtr for 22gs would be hard, what about an s13 or 180sx?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think some people have been watching too many intial D battles...
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e wrote on Sat, 07 August 2004 23:34

screw the GTR and 86, and go for a 200sx Very Happy there are so many 86s its bloody ridiculous BE DIFFERENT

I see an exponentially larger amount of skylines (even GTRs) and S14/15s than 86s on the road. And it is only going to increase.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTR for me .. ( or something like justens group A Gt4 )

$22K makes the starting point for godzilla-ness

ae86 is getting a bit long in the tooth
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 00:04

yeah your gonna reply there are heaps of all cars but you all know what i mean

my next project is gonna be a datty 1600 FIRST I GOTTA FIND ONE Confused

What do you mean different? There are so many Silvias out there it's not funny.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skein wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 13:19

fade-e wrote on Sat, 07 August 2004 23:34

I see an exponentially larger amount of skylines (even GTRs) and S14/15s than 86s on the road. And it is only going to increase.

Two factors there: 15 Year rule and ease of bank loans...

Cash, the only way
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTR, but finding a good one for that price is the question, why spend $22,000 on a Sprinter? you wouldn't get your money back for it if you where to sell it. I presonally think go for an 180sx
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 14:51

GTR, but finding a good one for that price is the question, why spend $22,000 on a Sprinter? you wouldn't get your money back for it if you where to sell it. I presonally think go for an 180sx

And you reckon you would get your money back on a 180sx???

Those cars have been raised to clit status, every cunt has one...

Get something fucken rare, like a stagea, or a caldina, or a 1GZFE soarer or something...
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 15:31

mick wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 14:51

And you reckon you would get your money back on a 180sx???

Those cars have been raised to clit status, every cunt has one...

Get something fucken rare, like a stagea, or a caldina, or a 1GZFE soarer or something...

more chance of getting more money back on that then spending $22,000 on a sprinter thats probablly worth $3,500
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but who in their right mind buys a car as an investment? its quite obvious that their value is going to drop, otherwise we'd all be driving the cheapest pos around
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you could spend $22k on a sprinter i don't think you would care about how much you would get back. Plus i don't think any one would sell it after making it. i know i wouldn't
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 15:53

but who in their right mind buys a car as an investment? its quite obvious that their value is going to drop, otherwise we'd all be driving the cheapest pos around

I just do see the point in spending $22,000 on a old Sprinter, It's the same if I was to go out and spend that amount on the Camry it wouldn't be worth it. I have know a few people who have lost money on cars,(In one case $12,000 on a Ford Cortina) but there are people out there who would have lost more
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 16:53

if you could spend $22k on a sprinter i don't think you would care about how much you would get back. Plus i don't think any one would sell it after making it. i know i wouldn't

If it was me I'd trade the sprinter in for something newer with the $22k
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 16:58

Intensevil wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 15:53

I just do see the point in spending $22,000 on a old Sprinter, It's the same if I was to go out and spend that amount on the Camry it wouldn't be worth it. I have know a few people who have lost money on cars,(In one case $12,000 on a Ford Cortina) but there are people out there who would have lost more

Now spending $22k on a camry would be stupid.
losing money is a fact of life when modding cars. i know i would take on a $22k GTr with a $22k sprinter any day.
su_pr_aero
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I of course know there is no way I'd ever get the money back on the Hachi, but as said by Intensevil and Evan - I would be building the car for myself. Who gives a crap if no-one wants it afterwards, I'd rather spend every weekend thrashing it and sliding my way through twisting roads than worrying whether it will resell for a good price.
And yes, a cheap GTR will probably be approaching an engine rebuild or about to shit its suspension. An AE86 is even older but, for $22K i can build it how i want with new suspension, engine, brakes etc.
For the 4AGE enthusiuasts - what sort of numbers do you think i could expect from the following combo:
11.3:1 Pistons
Extractors
288' cams (I'm guessing any higher would become undriveable on the road)
Uprated valve train incl. oversize valves
Quad throttles
Aftermarket ECU
Headwork
Do i hear a bid of 200hp?
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Siktoy ra23 a celica beating a gtr!lmfao what was it pulling out of the old persons home with a 110 year old women driving it! bad driver ability dosnt make a car faster than another.

go a gtr you will love it! just take in to account the cost of keeping an older car on the road, as it might of had the you know what flogged out of it. we have just sold the workshop one it had everything cams,computer,pistons,rods exhaust manifold and exhaust,diffs and head all aftermarket!the thing was a weapon up to 320km\h. we took people for 4wd burnouts at the last jamboree at eastern creek! hahah had to clean the seat!lmao
to give you an idea the top race teams would still use them if they where allowed to in the old race spec!
mick
wolf
Regular

June 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A $22,000 GT-R?? Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'd choose the Sprinter because a GT-R going for 22k is just asking for trouble.

Actually if I could choose any car or project to spend 22k on, it would certainly be spent on a great JZA70 with some serious suspension work and increased boost. But thats just me. Razz

Not to say I would mind a 200hp N/A Hatchi Roku. Heep's of people have them but who gives a shit? I don't. All that matters to me is the cars performance and racing/drifting potential. Because in the end, who cares how 'original' you look cruising past prostitutes in Kings Cross?

If you want to cruise and score stares, get a Fairlane or Statesman, make it sound mean and drop it on its ass. 19"s, chrome everywhere, bling bling... or get some rare 2.5 tone classic or something and make it street legal again.

If you want to enjoy driving fast buy something thats fun and has potential, no matter how many people have own one.

[Updated on: Sun, 08 August 2004 12:54]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GTR vs. HACHI Sun, 08 August 2004 13:03 Go to previous message
wolf wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 22:51

If you want to enjoy driving fast buy something thats fun and has potential, no matter how many people have own one.

good stuff
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE82 Hatch KAWAII Plates
Next Topic:Help me find a good daily driver!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:26:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0082681179046631 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.