Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chunks
Occasional Poster

September 2003
RA28 at Le Mans Sun, 08 August 2004 06:33 Go to next message
Apparently this Celica raced at Le Mans and the rest of the DRM series in 1977/78. Im interested in what sort of specs this thing had and where it placed. Does anyone know anything about this car. I found this website http://www.geocities.com/simontmallett/celicagal.h tml and a shit load of people trying to sell the model car of it but thats about it.
http://www.geocities.com/simontmallett/celicagal/celica1.JPG
  Send a private message to this user    
Seven of GAFFiO
Regular

July 2002
Re: RA28 at Le Mans Sun, 08 August 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have this Model (two of infact). It has some info about the car on it.. Its about a page long. I CBF typing it all, but I'll give you some of the details.

It was the Celica LB Turbo Group 5 car, I dont beleive it was ever raced i a Lemans. mainly just the Group 5 class of the German Gran Prix and some International Manugacturers Championship events. IT was built by Toyota German to compete againts the Porsche 935 Turbos. Beating them on several occasions.
The engine was based on the 18RG, but was bored out to 2090cc (2100cc) given a 16v head, EFI, and a KKK Turbo. which ended up giving it 560BHP which is rather insane for 1977

Every panel on the car except the bonnet and roof was replaced with carbon fibre. Making the car a tiny 850kg.

And the driver pictured in that pic was Harald Ertl. the lucky bastard that got to drive it.

I've been told that there is some of these bodykits still sitting in a warehouse over in germany... Imagine fitting one of them Very Happy
yum yummy..

Graham

Chunks
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: RA28 at Le Mans Mon, 09 August 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah right. 560BHP @ 850KG, bloody hell! LB 2000 GT's are awesome as well, I wonder how hard it would be to find one of them in Japan & import it over.
Seven of GAFFiO
Regular

July 2002
Re: RA28 at Le Mans Mon, 09 August 2004 10:33 Go to previous message
I dont think you will find one of these in Japan.. they wernt made by Toyota, but by a company in Germany
but we can keep dreaming Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Poll:how long it take for SUPRA MAN to send the good 2 u
Next Topic:SC400/SC300 fuel economy
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:38:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084240436553955 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.