Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Pugs
Regular

July 2004
Exhaust System for 4AGE 100 KW Tue, 03 August 2004 23:04 Go to next message
Hi Guys,

I want to fit a sports exhaust system to my AE93 SX and wanted advice as what the best set up would be?

I want to get the most performance out of the engine as possible from the right set up but I'm not into loud, droning or show exhausts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Pugs
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Exhaust System for 4AGE 100 KW Tue, 03 August 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
talk to a GOOD exhaust shop. IF you see a bunch of cars out the front with massif cannons, keep driving.

Talk to the guys and tell them what you want, and be prepared to pay more than $300.
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: Exhaust System for 4AGE 100 KW Sun, 08 August 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not this is illegal punch the cat out weld in a tube thru the cat advance the timing a bit and merry xmas , dont get caught though, or get full xhorst inc EXTRACTORS
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Exhaust System for 4AGE 100 KW Sun, 08 August 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats worse, punched out cat, or no cat at all? Razz
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: Exhaust System for 4AGE 100 KW Sun, 08 August 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id say no cat at all; its easier for the cops/rta to chck it unless they got a EGA so no matter which way if u get caught youll get a oversize butt hole Shocked , (not to mention excessive emissions for the tree huggers)
ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: Exhaust System for 4AGE 100 KW Sun, 08 August 2004 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine is made up of...

- Custom 4-2-1 Headers
- Small Flex pipe
- 2.25 strait pipe
- Hi Flow Cat
- small strait section
- Resinator (hot dog)
- then 2.25 inch mandrel bent piping
- lukey muffler - rusted tip Razz

The resinator is an important part, becuase without it i beleive that 4AGE's sound shit house, the resinator drones the exhaust note alot Cool

Hope that helps,
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Exhaust System for 4AGE 100 KW Sun, 08 August 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, focus on the muffling over pipe size. A good quality muffler, resonator, and cat convertor, will be a prerequesite for keeping good power with the exhaust system, and they will vary in quality and price. Talk to an exhaust shop you feel comfortable dealing with, and that wants to answer your questions, to work out the best priced and performance system for you.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Exhaust System for 4AGE 100 KW Sun, 08 August 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wanted to remove my cat. but nobody was willing to do it for me. They say $5000 fine for the shop and $2000 fine for me... or maybe the other way round...

Does high-flow cats make alot of difference? Is it worth the money??
ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: Exhaust System for 4AGE 100 KW Sun, 08 August 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its $10000 in NSW,
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Exhaust System for 4AGE 100 KW Sun, 08 August 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im also looking at gettin my exhaust system done, and i have the same engine as the GTI corolla. i already have a 2inch straght through cannon muffler, and too am not a big fan of loud as exhausts that rattle the car.

where is a good place to get extractors for the 100kw engine?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Exhaust System for 4AGE 100 KW Sun, 08 August 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is loud, with just a 20" long resonator (hot dog style) and redback sports muffler and 2" press bend pipe work... and mandrel bent 4-1 extrators - RWD.
duongy
Regular

September 2003

Re: Exhaust System for 4AGE 100 KW Sun, 08 August 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is damn loud too!

hurricane 4-2-1 extractors, 2" mandrel piping all the way, hi flow cat, 4.25" Xforce Cannon.

I'm getting a bit sick of the huge sound, but the performance gains were definately noticable.

if you live in sydney, i wouldn't recommend you go anywhere else than liverpool exhausts, they do a GREAT job, and GREATER prices

/end plug

[Updated on: Sun, 08 August 2004 06:30]

Pugs
Regular

July 2004
icon14.gif  Re: Exhaust System for 4AGE 100 KW Sun, 08 August 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it!!
Very Happy

I had the car dynoed on Friday on a very accurate dyno (gives the lowest readings in Adelaide) and was expecting low to mid 50's but to my surprise, I got 64.6 kws atws from a stock motor that has done 227xxx plus kms!

So, I'm hoping after the exhaust is done, I'll get low 70's??

Am hitting the track soon to see what she does standard, so I can get a starting point before I start modifying the engine.

I've located a couple of good exhaust shops and will hopefully get an exhaust in about a month or so!

Cheers
Pugs

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Exhaust System for 4AGE 100 KW Sun, 08 August 2004 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would 4-2-1 or 4-1 extractors work better for 4age engines??
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Exhaust System for 4AGE 100 KW Sun, 08 August 2004 15:48 Go to previous message
b1gb3n wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 01:38

would 4-2-1 or 4-1 extractors work better for 4age engines??

To be honest, most lightly tickled 4AG's I've seen have made the same or better power with the factory manifold than many of the headers people fit... Don't underestimate the factory casting - however, the pipe that bolts straight on the end of it can usually be improved on quite a bit.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:gilmer pulley for 4AGZE
Next Topic:new water pump?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:44:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055069923400879 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.